PDA

View Full Version : Transmission upgrade kit

Dennis Reinhart
12-17-2003, 06:29 PM
I have been working on this, with in the next three weeks I will have the complete kit this will include a custom spec Valve Body separator plate forced lube tail shaft kit spiral lock clip for the Mechanical diode assembly and extra set of clutches detailed instructions or I can put together a full blown rebuild kit if required. The transmission cooler with lines is now available I will post pictures this week.

Marauder57
12-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Dennis, this might be a bit premature but will this kit work for N/A transmissions for preventive maint & performance? I am looking to come by the shop and get this is as my next add on with a driveshaft and an F16 Jet engine.......

Dennis Reinhart
12-17-2003, 06:55 PM
Yes it could save the transmission, we have seen N/A Marauders go bad Tom Adares transmssion was toast when I took it out and sent it in for the upgrade with his blower kit, the snap ring had poped off the diode assembly. so instead of a up grade he ended up having to rebuild the whole transmission.

duhtroll
12-17-2003, 07:09 PM
Thanks again Dennis -

When you have it all done would you be willing to post a price? I hope that's not a question that's out of line for the forum. I am definitely going to get one eventually but I have to budget these things in advance, and I am sure others are curious.

If not I'll just give a call.

Thanks,
-A

Fahad_H
12-18-2003, 01:11 AM
custom spec Valve Body separator plate
forced lube tail shaft kit
spiral lock clip

I am interested in these parts, will these Marauder parts fit directly in 2001-2002 Crown Victoria and Lincoln Town Car ?

please, keep us up to date of the prices and the release time.

Thanks,

greyghost
12-18-2003, 05:08 PM
I talked to DR on the phone today and he is really humping it to get the tranny mod going. I feel I really need to baby mine because I really don’t like the way it shifts even with the DR Flash Chip. DR did a great job with his chip but, the tranny still doesn’t shift the way a hi perf. Tranny should. I have done Trans Go and B&M Kits in the past and Dennis says these will have very complete instructions. After reading the J-Mod thread I will make sure I upgrade my tranny before I start flogging it.

Man, so much to do and so little time to do it. :D

Ross
12-19-2003, 08:25 AM
Dennis, since I know even less about transmissions than I do about engines, and I will have to take these parts to a mechanic to be installed, how complicated is the installation of all of this? Can you do this by just dropping the pan, or do you have to take out the whole transmission? Can you give me an approximate number of labor hours/cost that I can expect to have to pay for? Thanks

Dennis Reinhart
12-19-2003, 08:52 AM
It depends on what level of the kit it comes with several stages I will post this later on

Ross
12-19-2003, 09:23 AM
Thanks, I'll be looking for it. I'll need to figure the install cost into my budget.

Haggis
12-19-2003, 09:38 AM
Dennis;
No that is not a threat it is a promise. I have not had the fortune of talking with you yet, but I have heard a lot of good things about you and what you have been doing for our cars. I will talk with you later and in more detail on what kit would be appropriate for my car, will also discuss exhaust systems with you. Have a Merry Christmas and a Marauder New year.