PDA

View Full Version : So whos doing Carlisle June 3rd - 5th

Blackened300a
01-06-2011, 07:48 AM
Its that time to start planning for one of MM.nets biggest meets of the year in Carlisle PA.

Haggis
01-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Chris and I will be there with both KB Marauders.

SGT_MERC
01-06-2011, 08:57 AM
I'll be there.

Bluerauder
01-06-2011, 09:27 AM
I am registered #9219 and booked at the Hampton Inn for Friday and Saturday nights (3-5 Jun 2011).

vkirkend
01-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Isn't it the 3rd - 5th?

HammerDown
01-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I'll be there with Fordfrk's Marauder. He better post his own vote!!!;)

Bluerauder
01-06-2011, 01:25 PM
I'll be there with Fordfrk's Marauder. He better post his own vote!!!;)

Are you gonna park "inside" the showfield this year?? He's parked outside the gate for the past 3 years. :(

Isn't it the 3rd - 5th?

Yes, it is 3-5 June 2011 (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).

thathotrodlincn
01-06-2011, 01:43 PM
We are gonna try. Cross yer finners - don't tell me which way.

Blackened300a
01-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Whoops! Error on the dates! Maybe Mary can take care of that.

Mr. Man
01-06-2011, 02:44 PM
I think we are bring both MM's to this event. We will have Paula's for sure.

FastMerc
01-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Yes I am in registerd and room booked!

Ms. Denmark
01-06-2011, 06:05 PM
I'll be there with Fordfrk's Marauder. He better post his own vote!!!;) Atta girl Connie!:burnout:

We are gonna try. Cross yer finners - don't tell me which way. That would be great!

I think we are bringing both MM's to this event. We will have Paula's for sure.<----- Damn straight! And you need to bring yours! Don't see too many Black ones.....:rolleyes: :D

Yes I am in registerd and room booked!
Awesome Mr. Mark!

Mr. Man
01-06-2011, 08:36 PM
<----- Damn straight! And you need to bring yours! Don't see too many Black ones.....:rolleyes: :D

That's because SB's are almost as slow as Blues and DTR's:P

HammerDown
01-06-2011, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=Bluerauder;997839]Are you gonna park "inside" the showfield this year?? He's parked outside the gate for the past 3 years. :(

Yessssssssssssssss we'll be joining the festivities inside the showfield, as soon as I register our SB ;) (Gotta keep an "eye" on everyone)
Hampton Inn is booked (doing things backwards these days......)

FastMerc
01-07-2011, 04:20 PM
OK PEOPLE I KNOW A GROUPE! Is staying there at the Hampton are u letting them know that u are with the MARAUDER groupe! I just checked with Jacky and she told me other than myself 1 other is on the list,cmon people lets get our rate...

DEFYANT
01-07-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm in. Hope to bring the MM and the Mustang.

RocsMerc
01-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Well I'll definitely be attending. I already bought my registration but I didn't book a hotel yet because I don't know how many people are coming with me yet. I voted in this poll wrong though. I clicked maybe because I thought this was the marauderville thread. Oops. lol

Ms. Denmark
01-08-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm in. Hope to bring the MM and the Mustang.

Well I'll definitely be attending. I already bought my registration but I didn't book a hotel yet because I don't know how many people are coming with me yet. I voted in this poll wrong though. I clicked maybe because I thought this was the marauderville thread. Oops. lol
Hey guys, it will be great to see both of you! Better make hotel reservations sooner than later. A bunch of us are already booked at the Hampton Inn Carlisle. (717) 240-0200) If you decide to stay there be sure to say you are with MM.net.

Blackened300a
01-08-2011, 01:44 PM

You better make it to MV9 mister!

Ms. Denmark
01-08-2011, 04:40 PM
And that's an order! :argue: :D

RocsMerc
01-09-2011, 11:46 AM

I'm just waiting on the final registration and hotel costs to be posted. Most likely I'll go.

JUST 1BULLITT
01-09-2011, 02:19 PM
COOL!! I HOPE to make BOTH events too! PLUS KY in April!!! Spring Fever already here in the MidWest!!:D

rayjay
01-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Hmm, thought I posted here. We are all signed up. Me, da Beep and possibly Brittany. She wrinkled her nose at me when I brought it up to her. Teenagers :shake: We are at the Hampton too.

Paul T. Casey
01-18-2011, 11:45 AM
I voted as a maybe, but as of this morning my wife told me I'd better be a definate! I'll book the room this week.

FastMerc
01-18-2011, 08:19 PM
I voted as a maybe, but as of this morning my wife told me I'd better be a definate! I'll book the room this week.
Let them know you are with the Marauder group! For our group rate.

Blackened300a
01-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Tent registration arrived in my email. Its once again free thanks to everyone's commitment. Whats not free are the tables, they are $15 each. Any idea how many we will need? We had 3 last year and I think they worked out pretty good. If we increase the BBQ this year due to turnout, I suggest 4 tables.

Pre-registration determines the size of our tent. I always stress this and I will continue to do so. PRE-REGISTER!!!!!!

My annual how and what to do thread will be up in the very near future. PRE-REGISTER!!!!!

J-MAN
01-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Registered #9825. Four tables. An extra tent would be nice or can we upgrade for additional cost?

Blackened300a
01-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Registered #9825. Four tables. An extra tent would be nice or can we upgrade for additional cost?

One tent per car club and they only provide set sizes for the number of pre-registered. So far I see over 30 cars on the attending list and maybe 15 pre-registered members. That means a small tent for a large number of people. This is exactly why I push the pre-registration.

J-MAN
01-19-2011, 04:26 PM
One tent per car club and they only provide set sizes for the number of pre-registered. So far I see over 30 cars on the attending list and maybe 15 pre-registered members. That means a small tent for a large number of people. This is exactly why I push the pre-registration.

Ratz! Can't you work your magic on them? Try to impress them that we have many older members and need the extra room for all the wheel chairs, walkers and oxygen tanks! :D

Blackened300a
01-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Ratz! Can't you work your magic on them? Try to impress them that we have many older members and need the extra room for all the wheel chairs, walkers and oxygen tanks! :D

Maybe I should show them pictures of last years BBQ attendee's. I think that would drive the point home that we need some room! :D

J-MAN
01-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Maybe I should show them pictures of last years BBQ attendee's. I think that would drive the point home that we need some room! :D

No doubt! I think they would have to revise the participant per square foot formula. :eek:

Ms. Denmark
01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Paul, we need at least 4 tables. You need one for attendee sign in/trophys/tee shirts and raffle items etc. and we could use 4 alone for grilling/ food and beverages/paper goods, not to mention incidentals like boom box/CDs and misc. supplies. I think we need 5.

hwy73
01-19-2011, 06:07 PM
We can do the "redneck" add-ons like we did last year. ;)

Registered # 9917

FastMerc
01-19-2011, 06:27 PM
I wonder where they will park us this year?

Ms. Denmark
01-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Hope we get the same spot. I liked it!

Bluerauder
01-19-2011, 07:55 PM
I wonder where they will park us this year?

Hope we get the same spot. I liked it!

If we can get enough Pre-Registrations early, maybe we can knock the Yellow Mustang Club off their prime real estate ;)

Read the Pre-Regisration thread >>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68573

Then go here to Pre-Register >>>>> http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

Or the direct link >>>>>> http://store.carlisleevents.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode =2011-027

Mr. Man
01-19-2011, 08:12 PM
If we can get enough Pre-Registrations early, maybe we can knock the Yellow Mustang Club off their prime real estate ;)

Read the Pre-Regisration thread >>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68573

Then go here to Pre-Register >>>>> http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

Or the direct link >>>>>> http://store.carlisleevents.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode =2011-027
I don't know if the Yellow Mustangs all park together. Last year they had all the Mustangs separated by year.

Bluerauder
01-19-2011, 08:19 PM
I don't know if the Yellow Mustangs all park together.

You don't get out much. ;)

Yellow Mustang Registry is always in the spot on the flat near the Registration location. I have a pic somewhere of all the yellow Mustangs from the top of the bleachers. Probably more than 100 last year.

HammerDown
01-19-2011, 08:57 PM
alright, alright, we'll get our registration in.I know we're late!!

Mr. Man
01-19-2011, 11:54 PM
You don't get out much. ;)

Yellow Mustang Registry is always in the spot on the flat near the Registration location. I have a pic somewhere of all the yellow Mustangs from the top of the bleachers. Probably more than 100 last year.
Paula keeps me on a short leash. She finds it easier to beat the groupies away if she's on home turf. I only travelled to the restrooms and back last year.:cool:

Ms. Denmark
01-20-2011, 03:34 AM

I hate where tht YMR park! Hot, no breeze, flat, crowded, riff-raff riddled POS realestate.LOL. I feel like I'm in Calcutta over there! I like our 2010 spot a lot!

Paula keeps me on a short leash. She finds it easier to beat the groupies away if she's on home turf. I only travelled to the restrooms and back last year.:cool: Busted....:o :D

Blackened300a
01-20-2011, 04:45 AM
They put the YMR in the mustang section of the showfield. I personally liked our 2009 area on top of the hill. Sure it was a bit of a pain to walk to the events, but we had a nice breeze and a lot of foot traffic.
According to the website, they pick the location of the car clubs 2 weeks before the event. I will put a word in for a specific location, Maybe they will give us some well earned respect. ;)

Ms. Denmark
01-20-2011, 05:33 AM
They put the YMR in the mustang section of the showfield. I personally liked our 2009 area on top of the hill. Sure it was a bit of a pain to walk to the events, but we had a nice breeze and a lot of foot traffic.
According to the website, they pick the location of the car clubs 2 weeks before the event. I will put a word in for a specific location, Maybe they will give us some well earned respect. ;) I agree paul...2009 was a great spot too! Nice view, good breeze and lots of foot traffic. Remember that we almost sold Doom's car to looky-loos!!!!!!

Bluerauder
01-20-2011, 06:45 AM
According to the website, they pick the location of the car clubs 2 weeks before the event. I will put a word in for a specific location, Maybe they will give us some well earned respect. ;)

I agree paul...2009 was a great spot too! Nice view, good breeze and lots of foot traffic. Remember that we almost sold Doom's car to looky-loos!!!!!!

With 2,500 to 3,000 cars in attendance, its kinda difficult to predict and pick a spot. The location desirability really depends on the weather. On the flat can be a problem if there is any amount of rain before or during the event. On a hill is nice if it is very hot and you can catch a breeze.

Personally, I liked the 2010 site. It was fairly close to the action. Pretty close to the Car Corral and the display buildings. The hill was not TOO steep and provided adequate drainage except just below the tent location. We had 2 entire rows to ourselves PLUS a blank unassigned row behind us that could be used for overflow. That was a bennie IMHO. That location also drew quite a bit of foot traffic with people passing by enroute to the Car Coral or other vendor/display areas.

The 2009 site on the hill was too far from most of the action. It did provide drainage but was a pretty steep area. I really didn't notice alot of foot traffic there. The tent on the corner was a plus and the hill did allow a breeze to cool you off -- that was nice when Saturday turned hot.

The 2008 site was right in the thick of the action on the flat and near the main stop sign with the picnic area, wash racks and bathrooms right across the road. However, the site was cramped and we had to fight for spots with the Mercury Cyclones and Crown Vics. Cars parked every which way to fit 'em in. Quite a bit of foot traffic. Very HOT with NO breeze at all. That area would have turned into an immediate swamp if it had rained even just a little.

What I have learned is that the MM.Net gang makes the most of whatever site we get.

The most significant part though is getting enough folks Pre-Registered so that our assigned area is big enough to support the crowd. I am guessing that we'll need at least 50 spots this year.

Ken
02-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Woohoo! Just found out my daughter graduates on Memorial day Saturday, instead of Carlisle weekend. So may make it after all.

Ken

Bluerauder
02-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Woohoo! Just found out my daughter graduates on Memorial day Saturday, instead of Carlisle weekend. So may make it after all.

Ken

This is good news, Ken. Hope it works out for you.

FastMerc
02-11-2011, 06:49 PM

Ken
COOL want to split a room,lol!

Ms. Denmark
02-12-2011, 08:51 AM

Ken :banana2: ......

bosscj72
02-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

I will be attending the event this year with my Black 04. Question I had will the show be open to people who have a car in the show on Thursday the 2nd? I know in the past vendors are able to get in that day. Please let me know.

I am looking forward to seeing all the Marauders dominate the field! 35 already and I hope we can get near 50 of them!

Dave

Ken
02-12-2011, 12:35 PM
COOL want to split a room,lol!May have a co-pilot, since her mailing address is within miles of there, she may come for a visit to pick up her mail.

Blackened300a
02-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi Everyone,

I will be attending the event this year with my Black 04. Question I had will the show be open to people who have a car in the show on Thursday the 2nd? I know in the past vendors are able to get in that day. Please let me know.

I am looking forward to seeing all the Marauders dominate the field! 35 already and I hope we can get near 50 of them!

Dave

I always show up on Friday morning. I have no clue what goes on over there on Thursdays.

Im hoping for close to 50 as well. Maybe as the event draws closer.

FastMerc
02-13-2011, 11:47 AM
may have a co-pilot, since her mailing address is within miles of there, she may come for a visit to pick up her mail.
oh i c............................. .............................. ...................

kennybpanther
02-15-2011, 05:05 PM
will be my first carlisle with you guys.

Ms. Denmark
02-15-2011, 06:38 PM
will be my first carlisle with you guys.Great to have you along! I see you have a Silver Birch too. Please accept my invitation to join the Silver Birch Society.

Red91LX
02-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi Everyone,

Dave

Yes, the Carlisle grounds are open Thursday to all who have registered. I'm planning to arrive Thursday if the weather is clear. The vendors are usually there and set up, so you can use the extra day to get a head start on the swap meet action!

Krytin
02-18-2011, 01:03 PM
2011 CARLISLE FORD NATIONALS JUNE 3RD - 5TH
NEW FOR 2011: DOWNTOWN PARADE AND STREET PARTY
Act now, this parade will fill up fast!
http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/images/enews/dt_parade.jpg (http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=IlYuA&m=1bS0E3NsdhqkzP&b=mG.uN7bYkeFcxGbO_Dw98g) For the first time EVER, automotive enthusiasts will witness a parade of power and a display of dignity as Carlisle Events and the Downtown Carlisle Asociation present the 2011 Ford Parade and Street Party. This event will be limited to 400 Ford, Lincoln and/or Mercury vehicles. Registration is $10 and you can do so online when registering (http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=IlYuA&m=1bS0E3NsdhqkzP&b=OoNpiKsCAZJd8xHdYUAxdA)or by phone. Act now, this parade WILL fill up fast.

rayjay
02-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Hmmm, I registered back at Christmas. Think I'll just watch.

Mr. Man
02-18-2011, 02:14 PM
http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/images/enews/dt_parade.jpg (http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=IlYuA&m=1bS0E3NsdhqkzP&b=mG.uN7bYkeFcxGbO_Dw98g) For the first time EVER, automotive enthusiasts will witness a parade of power and a display of dignity as Carlisle Events and the Downtown Carlisle Association present the 2011 Ford Parade and Street Party. This event will be limited to 400 Ford, Lincoln and/or Mercury vehicles. Registration is $10 and you can do so online when registering (http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=IlYuA&m=1bS0E3NsdhqkzP&b=OoNpiKsCAZJd8xHdYUAxdA)or by phone. Act now, this parade WILL fill up fast.
They can't even get the parking lots emptied in an orderly fashion. Hate to see how they F'up a parade

RocsMerc
02-18-2011, 03:08 PM
They can't even get the parking lots emptied in an orderly fashion. Hate to see how the F'up a parade

My thoughts exactly. I think I'll just watch.

Blackened300a
02-18-2011, 03:10 PM
My thoughts exactly. I think I'll just watch.

Same here. The parade through the fairground is a cluster F as it is.

Bluerauder
02-18-2011, 04:54 PM
http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/images/enews/dt_parade.jpg (http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=IlYuA&m=1bS0E3NsdhqkzP&b=mG.uN7bYkeFcxGbO_Dw98g) For the first time EVER, automotive enthusiasts will witness a parade of power and a display of dignity as Carlisle Events and the Downtown Carlisle Asociation present the 2011 Ford Parade and Street Party. This event will be limited to 400 Ford, Lincoln and/or Mercury vehicles. Registration is $10 and you can do so online when registering (http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=IlYuA&m=1bS0E3NsdhqkzP&b=OoNpiKsCAZJd8xHdYUAxdA)or by phone. Act now, this parade WILL fill up fast.

There's a Parade every morning and every night to and from Fairgrounds. Now they want us to pay $10 to be in it. :rolleyes: Saturday night at 6:45 PM, I hope to be at a restaurant or enjoying a :beer: under the canopy.

Krytin
02-18-2011, 05:02 PM
OK - I guess we're just watching this one!!

Blackened300a
02-18-2011, 06:00 PM
OK - I guess we're just watching this one!!

We'll have you back up to the parade and clear the way with your exhaust. ;)

rayjay
02-19-2011, 09:18 AM
We'll have you back up to the parade and clear the way with your exhaust. ;)

He needs to have the eyes glow bright red. :D

Bluerauder
02-19-2011, 09:21 AM
He needs to have the eyes glow bright red. :D

They do .... but only the next morning after a late night with the gang under the Canopy. ;)

rayjay
02-19-2011, 09:41 AM
They do .... but only the next morning after a late night with the gang under the Canopy. ;)

Looking forward to it and we will have enough livations this year :D :beer:

Joe Walsh
02-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Looking forward to it and we will have enough livations this year :D :beer:

10-4!!!

I will bring a larger cooler this year!....:beer:

rayjay
02-19-2011, 10:54 AM
10-4!!!

I will bring a larger cooler this year!....:beer:

Any particular requests that you can't obtain locally?

Joe Walsh
02-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Any particular requests that you can't obtain locally?

How close is Cooperstown?
I'd like to try some of Ommegang's brews!

rayjay
02-19-2011, 11:42 AM
How close is Cooperstown?
I'd like to try some of Ommegang's brews!

Its about an hour away. Do they distribute it at all? I may be able to get it in the Utica area if they do. I know there are some micro brewers in Cooperstown that do some distribution because I've had their beers in higher end taverns/resturants. When my daughter plays softball this spring we may be playing Cooperstown. I won't know for a few weeks yet, but we always play a school thats about 10 miles from there so I should be able to get it.

LeoVampire
02-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Staying @ the Hampton Inn again and registered for Carlisle so I am all set now.

So see ya there everyone.

SMOKE
02-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Good to hear LV....see you in June....

...and "meh" on the parade.....usually so sun-stroked at the end of the day the last thing I want is more showtime and prepping....

Jonathan

Bluerauder
02-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Staying @ the Hampton Inn again and registered for Carlisle so I am all set now.

Gotcha on the list. :up:

LeoVampire
04-05-2011, 01:23 PM
What's been going on?

No one else has pre-registered or coming to Carlisle?

All of this has been pretty quiet for a few months now it seems.

rayjay
04-05-2011, 01:50 PM
What's been going on?

No one else has pre-registered or coming to Carlisle?

All of this has been pretty quiet for a few months now it seems.

Probably once it gets closer things will heat up. I bought into the Christmas special on the field passes, maybe others did too so thats why its quiet. :dunno:

Blackened300a
04-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Probably once it gets closer things will heat up. I bought into the Christmas special on the field passes, maybe others did too so thats why its quiet. :dunno:

Its still a go. Just things really heat up when May rolls around.

Bigdogjim
04-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Right now Looseville has the spotlight (which is find)

Loco1234
04-26-2011, 01:50 PM
In case anyone needs to tally this info...
Both PaCammer - Gary Sr & I - Gary Jr. will not make it to carisle with the Marauder this year...
I may however join everyone at Carisle on Saturday for a while but I would be with my 2000 Qvale Mangusta...

visionmercury
04-26-2011, 05:00 PM
i planed on attending , but wont be able to . due to the fact that me and my wife are seperating and cant afford to do any of the traveling i had planed this year :(

Ms. Denmark
04-26-2011, 05:43 PM
i planed on attending , but wont be able to . due to the fact that me and my wife are seperating and cant afford to do any of the traveling i had planed this year :( Sorry to hear this...

DEFYANT
04-27-2011, 06:42 PM
i planed on attending , but wont be able to . due to the fact that me and my wife are seperating and cant afford to do any of the traveling i had planed this year :(

Been there man, sucks. Hang in there.

LeoVampire
04-27-2011, 07:06 PM

Very sorry to hear this I hope you make it through the separation as best as possible!

Blown3.8
04-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Just signed up Sherm. And I'll be there with my bird.

LeoVampire
04-28-2011, 10:48 AM
http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

I just got this in an e-mail today @ Carlisle you can see a Coyote engine swap and a Shelby GT 500 KR @ the event as well.

Anyways check out the link I posted to see more of what is going on.

Bluerauder
04-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Just signed up Sherm. And I'll be there with my bird.

Shermanator #12451

thathotrodlincn #12480

We're up to 29 registered by my count .... anyone else??

Davesvt2000
04-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Just signed up today..

I'll be staying at the Days Inn Carlisle with the NH Mustang club..

Ms. Denmark
04-29-2011, 02:36 AM
Just signed up today..

I'll be staying at the Days Inn Carlisle with the NH Mustang club..That's great!:beer:

vtwoodsman
05-02-2011, 07:39 PM
I pre-registered quite a while back. Haven't received any letter with tickets/stickers etc from the organizers like last year. What's up with that ?

jabird56
05-03-2011, 01:43 AM
I pre-registered quite a while back. Haven't received any letter with tickets/stickers etc from the organizers like last year. What's up with that ?

They'll be mailing them the last half of this month.

Blackened300a
05-03-2011, 06:47 AM
They'll be mailing them the last half of this month.

+1
They were in my mailbox around this time last year.

JAYSILVER04
05-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Pre-Registered Friday!

Georges93LX
05-31-2011, 09:21 PM
Looks like I'm out due to medical issues. Have a great time and be safe.

Blackened300a
06-01-2011, 04:32 AM
Looks like I'm out due to medical issues. Have a great time and be safe.

Sorry to hear this George, I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you plan to make it out to MV9 this year.

Joe Walsh
06-01-2011, 06:34 AM
Doesn't look like I will make Carlisle this year....:(
(I haven't missed a Ford Carlisle meet in a long time.)
Have fun everyone!
Looks like the weather is going to be very nice.
Might be the first Ford Carlisle in 20 years that didn't have at least one rainy deluge!