PDA

View Full Version : UPS horror stories!

SpartaPerformance
01-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Ok. So does the government run UPS now? One member here got front sway bar delivered, the rear was lost. UPS informed Addco and they sent out a replacement bar kit that should arrive in the next couple days. Another member received one bar set and part of the second box.... that's right they delivered only a part of the 2nd box (they got a good laugh at the picture at Addco)!!! Addco is resolving the situation as we speak. I've also had contact over the last year of other delivery "gems", ie. somebody ordered a 31 spline diff and got an empty box, the diff. was back at the UPS facility, a slew of crushed boxes, partially opened etc... W.T.F.!!!! Chuck at C.H.E. uses FedEx and I've never heard of one issue. Does anybody here work for UPS? Are there disgruntled employees or something?
I apologize to all that have been inconvenienced, believe me when I say I'm actually more pissed then anybody. Those who know me know I HATE lack of work ethic and that's how it appears as per UPS to me.

Sorry for the rant
Tommy

P.S. The people at Addco have been awesome!

martyo
01-26-2011, 07:40 PM
I hate UPS too.

I just bought a die cast collection from someone and the cars were pretty rare. 7 of the 9 were completely destroyed.

I shipped a KB blower to a customer and it was partially destroyed.

You name it and they can break it.

What can Brown destroy for you?

jimbok1951
01-26-2011, 07:44 PM
I work for the US Postal service and I suggest you use priority mail. Good prices & good tracking features. If you like give me your business info and I can have someone from customer service contact you and help fulfill your needs.

jimbok1951

Mr. Man
01-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Maybe it's time to switch to Fed Ex Tommy. I ordered some parts for the MM(you don't sell) and they arrived on time and in good shape.

ImpalaSlayer
01-26-2011, 07:50 PM
never had a problem with ups

knine
01-26-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm waiting for Fex Ex to merge with UPS, then they'll be "Fed Up"

BLACK SHEEP
01-26-2011, 08:09 PM
I am the member that "received one bar set and part of the second box.... that's right they delivered only a part of the 2nd box (they got a good laugh at the picture at Addco)!!! "

Let me see if I can get that picture over here so the members of MM.net can get a good laugh too.

Maybe it's nature way of saying slow down on the mods. LOL I bought the car in Dec 2010 and got the tint,CAI, 4.10s, tune, proguard, trunk organizer, and of course the front and rear sway bars all in one month.

Props to sparta for the great communication and professionalism in handling the situation. And for my stress, inconvenienced, and severe mental anguish, any hook ups on the control arms. Hehehehe

Patiently waiting for the front AND rear sway bars. LOL

guspech750
01-26-2011, 08:19 PM
I have recieved smashed up packages from UPS too. They suck. I try to use USPS or Fed Ex when I can.

PurdueRifleman
01-26-2011, 08:21 PM
I once ordered a rifle scope to be sent to my home address about a month after I graduated. UPS insisted on sending it to my old campus address 2x before the seller finally went with FedEx.

But FedEx likes to hide our packages. Maybe they're afraid that someone will take them out here in the middle of nowhere.

kmastl
01-26-2011, 08:26 PM
My sway bars were shipped ups...
When they arrived they were half out of the box, thankfully no parts were lost.

I've heard more horror stories about fedex than ups.

LANDY
01-26-2011, 08:38 PM
we use both at work and its rare when something comes in messed up.
i prefer Fed Ex myself.

Ktorres1
01-26-2011, 11:59 PM
As UPS customer never had a problem can't say much for description as I don't use them. Now as a former UPS employee... I can tell you it is a warzone in there at 3am, its an extremely tough job in many parts of the building and if ever get a chance just ask a drive what its like at the ol warehouse.

a_d_a_m
01-27-2011, 12:34 AM
never had a problem with ups +1. FedEx has managed to damage two deliveries over the past 5 years, and the USPS has managed to ship most of my packages late. Meanwhile, UPS tracking info is accurate and products arrive as expected, without incident.

It's all relative, I guess.

Blackened300a
01-27-2011, 04:33 AM
I've never had a issue with UPS. The post office I seem to run into problems with lost packages and never getting reimbursed. Somewhere in the Philadelphia postal hub is a Marauder crank pulley floating around.

CBT
01-27-2011, 04:34 AM
Reminds me of that Jim Carey movie where he's walking down the street, kicking a box, shaking it like pimp who is owed money, throwing it up in the air, just beating the crap out of it. Then he stops and rings someones door bell because he's delivering the package, lol. That is what I think of every time I get a smashed box from UPS. I order a lot of books for school but those boxes could take a bomb hit and survive. It must frustrate the crap out of delivery folks when they can't destroy them. I fully expect to see one come flying thru a front window one day because they can't figure out how to open them.

rayjay
01-27-2011, 06:56 AM
I've never had a problem with UPS, plenty with FEDEX, USPS usually ok. Most of my shipping problems have been from the shipper themselves not having a clue how to package an item for shipping thereby when its roughly handled it gets broken. My address can be problematic too, but once I figured this out I learned how to deal with it. FEDEX can't find me even though the house and street are clearly marked. :shake:

MOTOWN
01-27-2011, 07:07 AM
i used to work for ups, so yeah the packages do get thrown around, and ruffed up!, but if they are properly packaged it shouldnt be a problem, as for delivery nightmares it happens, just the nature of the beast!

YankeeMarauder
01-27-2011, 07:47 AM
I ship dail as well, here is what my experience has been:

UPS: Great pick up and professionalism, poor customer service and warranty BS and has the highest loss rate of my 3 carriers.

FEDEX: Great pick up and professionalism, poor customer service BUT never had a package not make it.

FEDEX Ground: OMG I have never worked with a bigger bunch of idiots in my local area as these mental midgets. Never lost a package but their customer service is poor at best. And I only say poor because there is nothing lower. They act like they are doing you a favor picking up your product. And when I receive packages they look horrible. And even with me at the bay door, they throw them like they dont care about the product...cause they dont. STAY AWAY!!!

Marauderjack
01-27-2011, 08:13 AM
UPS is OK here but FedEx has been VERY PROBLEMATIC!!!:mad2::argue:

I'm at the far end of the Savannah hub's route and they quite often go home and wait 'til the next day for me!!!:cool:

yjmud
01-27-2011, 08:26 AM
never had an issue with fed ex always have done good by me

TAKEDOWN
01-27-2011, 10:51 AM
A few close callS with damaged boxes, but the items were saved due to packaging it properly, pHeW!

Peter
01-27-2011, 12:26 PM
UPS is terrible, when ever a package gets sent to canada we end up paying an additional fee of 75% of the products value.

Canada post: same as above, but far slower.

Fedex: Quick and friendly service, zero problems.

DHL: Same as above. I paid for next day and it arrived 9:30 in the morning. With UPS it would have came late at night.

massacre
01-27-2011, 04:21 PM
UPS damaged a Terminator cylinder head on me a few years ago.
Heads shipped separately, one was perfect and one had obviously been dropped several times.
A few hours with a hand file and I was able to make it work, but they are definitely careless.

Shora
01-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Had the same issue with the sway bars and while I prefer FedEx I honestly believe that the issue is with the shipper (Addco) in how they package the bars.

These are heavy and long bars with ends that easily poke a hole through the cheap box that Addco uses. The bars move around a lot in the box they use. Eventually, they poke right through the box.

What is addco thinking will happen with that type of packaging? All the need to do is cover the bar's ends with foam and the problem will be solved.

IMO, they are lucky that UPS even honors their claims.

boatmangc
01-27-2011, 05:39 PM
I recently sold those blue SVT cam covers on the auction site, packaged them well,
When the buyer got them the packing was crushed and one of the mounting flanges where the gasket seats on the head was knocked off.
Ups said it was my fault even with insurance.
Everybody lost.
Not a fan lately.
I just received some shop fixtures, an engine stand, lower unit stand and a few attachments. I think they drug it to my place behind the truck.

justbob
01-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Fedex is always way more money it seems.

UPS, never had a problem.

USPS, never once a problem till my turbo pipes showed up, the cardboard (no longer a box) was also on board the truck...

Spectragod
01-28-2011, 03:54 PM
UPS destroyed a motorocycle wheel for me about 6 years ago, the story goes like this.....

I ordered a 100 spoke American Wire Wheel for the rear of my Road King from J&P Cycle, they said no problem, the wheel had a hub that would accept a 1" axle, even though AWW web site said no, I figured I could always send it back.

The wheel shows up, I open the box, it is set up for a 3/4" axle, I called AWW, they said nope, we don't make it for a 1" axle yet. I called J&P, he said ship it back in the original box and INSURE it. Keep in mind, I never removed the wheel, and it had foam blown in the box 6 inches all the way around the wheel.

I take it to UPS, they open the package and inspect it because I am insuring it for the $900 purchase price, they give it their seal of approval and it is on it's way.

3 days later, J&P Cycles calls and tells me that they cannot accept the wheel back for credit as it is damaged, they also refused it from UPS and sent it back to them. He sent me pictures, it looked as though someone had soaked one end of the box in oil for about an hour, then put it on a moving conveyer and placed 200-300 pounds on the other side, driving the wheel through the box and grinding the hub down. Nice.... but I bought insurance..... right?

So I call UPS, they first tell me that you can only use a box once, that is apparently some untold life expectancy that they use to deny claims. That would have worked untill.... I pointed out that their man inspected it and signed off that it was packed better than adequet(sp). UPS then told me that the box had been soaked in oil causing the failure, I reminded them that THEY inspected it and asked if they would have insured it had the box had been damaged. UPS said "no", but he wasn't going to accept the claim because he thought it was too high for a motorcycle wheel.

I asked where the wheel was currently located, he said it was at their hub here in town, I asked if I could come by and pick it up, he said sure, but what will you do with it, it is damaged(I guess he thought I would just pay $900 and leave it there?). I told him that upon picking it up, I was going to throw it through the 5 huge plate glass windows that they had up front, thereby recouping my losses by the satisfaction of tearing their $h*t up like they did mine. There was silence, he said hold on a minute, 3 minutes later a guy comes on, he say's Mr. ****, I can take care of that claim for you now. WTF? they have people to see if they can brush you off before paying a claim....nice. I use Fed Ex, I pay more, it gets there, employees aren't thieving my property like UPS (yes, I can verify that).

That's my horror story, God love ya if you read through all that.

Blackened300a
01-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Did the picture show up in one piece?

Spectragod
01-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Did the picture show up in one piece?

It never showed up.... probably got stolen.:mad2:

J/K, it got here just fine.:D

Blackened300a
01-29-2011, 08:31 AM
It never showed up.... probably got stolen.:mad2:

J/K, it got here just fine.:D

Thanks for the heart attack!! :censor: Glad it came in one piece. :beer:

MarauderBoy
02-05-2011, 08:29 PM
I've worked at UPS for nearly 29 years and have heard rants like Tommy's for so many years I thought I was immune to it. If you read carefully all the comments up to this post, NO carrier is immune to problems; whether from a periodic poor employee or from a shipper trying to save a buck on subpar packaging or methods (and then blame the carrier). Contrary to your assertion, I assure you NO carrier is in business to intentionally harm customer packages nor do they strive to hire idiots that will harm hard fought customer relationships.

I understand you have had recent shipping related problems and feel frustrated but there is a proper path to solving your issue rather than publically trashing the work ethic and integrity of 430K hard working people working at UPS. Some of whom drive Marauders (or other cars you provide parts for), buy parts and frequent this and your site. Having your work ethic questioned really hurts. I'm sure after reading your rant they, like me, will consider carefully who they will do business with.

Spectragod
02-06-2011, 09:45 AM
I've worked at UPS for nearly 29 years and have heard rants like Tommy's for so many years I thought I was immune to it. If you read carefully all the comments up to this post, NO carrier is immune to problems; whether from a periodic poor employee or from a shipper trying to save a buck on subpar packaging or methods (and then blame the carrier). Contrary to your assertion, I assure you NO carrier is in business to intentionally harm customer packages nor do they strive to hire idiots that will harm hard fought customer relationships.

I understand you have had recent shipping related problems and feel frustrated but there is a proper path to solving your issue rather than publically trashing the work ethic and integrity of 430K hard working people working at UPS. Some of whom drive Marauders (or other cars you provide parts for), buy parts and frequent this and your site. Having your work ethic questioned really hurts. I'm sure after reading your rant they, like me, will consider carefully who they will do business with.

Some employees may be hard working and dedicated, but the 2 that I knew sure weren't. They would regularly brag about destroying a package for fun, or to see what was inside of it. Made regular comment about playing football in the parking lot with packages while on break. Or, my favorite, just opening them, taking the contents and destroying the package so it was "lost".

I am sure you have that in any industry, it just hits home a little more since I knew these 2 goofs. Oh.... and the outcome of these 2 a$$hats? They retired after being promoted into management, can you say "the wolf guarding the chicken coop? I could go on.... but won't, I solved my problems by shipping Fed Ex. :beer:

MarauderBoy
02-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Some employees may be hard working and dedicated, but the 2 that I knew sure weren't. They would regularly brag about destroying a package for fun, or to see what was inside of it. Made regular comment about playing football in the parking lot with packages while on break. Or, my favorite, just opening them, taking the contents and destroying the package so it was "lost".

I am sure you have that in any industry, it just hits home a little more since I knew these 2 goofs. Oh.... and the outcome of these 2 a$$hats? They retired after being promoted into management, can you say "the wolf guarding the chicken coop? I could go on.... but won't, I solved my problems by shipping Fed Ex. :beer:

I'm so glad you were able to solve your shipping problem.

Spectragod
02-06-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm so glad you were able to solve your shipping problem.

I'm so glad that you are so glad. That makes me feel warm all over. :lol:

Mr. Man
02-06-2011, 03:51 PM

I understand you have had recent shipping related problems and feel frustrated but there is a proper path to solving your issue rather than publicly trashing the work ethic and integrity of 430K hard working people working at UPS. Some of whom drive Marauders (or other cars you provide parts for), buy parts and frequent this and your site. Having your work ethic questioned really hurts. I'm sure after reading your rant they, like me, will consider carefully who they will do business with.

Not to take sides here. You are correct in your statement that shippers should take the time to package an item properly. On the other hand UPS and the others have been in business long enough that they should have figured out how to ship a box with out demolishing it.:twocents:

rayjay
02-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Hmm, I've had the same UPS guy for years. Personable, goes out of his way to take care of me. Loves my Marauder and Fords in general. Owned a Cobra in his younger single days. Chews the rag if he has time. This kind of treatment from them is very foreign to me.

Horsepower
02-07-2011, 02:13 AM
I worked at the Phila. International airport hub and I can honestly say most of the employees are irresponsible. When some of them load planes they just throw packages into the belly. Its almost like a dart hitting the board. It's like a sport almost lol. Fedex and Usps has the same issue. Workplace ethics for most employees are obsolete these days.