Everyone

From last time:
Excitement over marauderman's upcoming S/C MM
Meet again in Charlotte

On the Agenda:
marauderman's S/C MM!
Next location(s) of future meet(s).
Activity suggestions for future meets

For those of you that can’t make it but would like to be able to join us on a regular basis, please PM me with your preferred meet location and I will make you part of our discussions. We know that regular attendees may be far flung and as such we are discussing rotating the meet location among 2 or 3 selections.

There is little real “official business” for the agenda so if you have something you would like to discuss that might benefit from advanced thought, let me know and I will edit accordingly.

frdwrnch
12-26-2003, 09:30 AM
Sorry Guys, I'll be out of town. Hopefully I'll see Tom's ride at the Feb. outing.

dok
12-26-2003, 12:51 PM
I plan on being there.

Agent M79
01-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Don't let this one sneak up on you guys!

Marauderman? I am sure you'll be there first? Hmmm?

woaface
01-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Hey, can I suggest that the February or March meet be in Greenville:D I'll ask here since I can't make it to Concord. You guys plan day and estimated time and I'll get some reservations! Best place restaurant wise is exit 54 off of I-85(everything from wendy's to the $50 a plate Chophouse57.) All of this is around 2 hours from the center of the 28025 zip in Concord. There's a local dragway about 20 or 30 minutes from there but I'm not sure when it'll be open. I'll find out asap!

Marauderman
01-07-2004, 09:45 AM
Well Hi folks--- This weekend meet is nearing and me and ms. marauderman will be there , however not in the S/C Rauder--more work is being done on it and we will be there in the mrs. thunder chicken instead--so for those wanting a litttle S/C served on Saturday-- you'll have to wait for another meet--Sorry--but meeting all once again will be great just the same--!!--

And --BTW woaface-- we will discuss your suggestion --it's always fun to travel in the MM--especially in caravans....who knows.....??

Agent M79
01-07-2004, 10:28 AM
I was about to refresh this and see that marauderman already did.

Still, please post your attendance (or declination) so if there are any last minute changes, you can ba called before you leave (or in transit if the restaurant burned down and we moved!).

Thanks!

dok
01-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Mrs DOK and I are still planning on attending.

Fin Harder 92
01-07-2004, 08:42 PM
I'll be there. As long as it doesn't snow.

Take Care

Agent M79
01-08-2004, 05:42 AM
Hey guys,

Well, looks like there is an increasing potential for inclement weather. The growing likely hood is not snow, but ice as is typical in the south.

Various outlets are predicting various degrees of precip and ice and all that I have looked at have uprated those chances from earlier this week.

Fin Harder would be coming out of Fayetteville which is the longest trip of all of those that have chimed in here so I think we need to make a decision ASAP about this.

My opinion is to skip #6 and look forward to better weather for #7 on February 14 (which by the way, is Valentine's Day, go get her something now).

dok
01-08-2004, 11:37 AM
I tend to agree with postponing the January meeting. The only item on our agenda was to look at Marauderman's car and it won't be there.

If we do decide to hold it, I'll be there as the restaurant is only 3 miles from my house.

We may want to think about moving the February meeting. Restaurants will be mobbed on Valentines day. Take it from someone who was on a business trip on Valentines day in Ft. Myers, Florida and couldn't find a restaurant that had less than a 2 hour wait for a table. When I called my wife that night and told her that I couldn't figure out why the waits were so long, she informed me that it was Valentines day. Guess who was in a lot of trouble.

Marauderman
01-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Ok ---The votes are in and MEET IS CANCELLED TILL FEBURARY!!

Lets talk about the Feb date as time goes on ---All stay safe--best to lean towards safety with weather around here...remember once a 1" snow fall turned out to be 16" here....depends on that wind on the East side of the Mountains...
besides--I don't think anyone of us would be out anyway in our MM's in such weather --would we???? Tom

Agent M79
01-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Alrighty then. It's called.

Fin Harder, please acknowledge so we know you got the cancelled. UPDATE: Fin was reached, call off the search party!

How about the 3rd weekend in February for the next meet: Saturday February 21st?

Fin Harder 92
01-08-2004, 06:22 PM
The weekend after Valentines Day works for me (taking the wife to NYC for Valentines).

There was a possibility I'd be moving to the DC area but now it looks like I'm staying put. With that said, I'd be happy to host a meet over here in the center of the state sometime in the near future.

Take Care

Marauderman
01-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Well--we are the "Carolina Marauders"" so we should think about meeting in alot of places--I'm for that--( now I know why Mac likes to put her on the road again--)

Anyway-- center stage sounds great to me! We've got pleanty of time to discuss---say is Raleigh far from Fayetteville? I need to check the road maps-- anyway--it's 3 hrs from Charlotte to Raleigh most of the time--and no straight roads to Fayetteville anytime from here --so who knows--- maybe a place half way --so lets start on a half-way place for all--makes it a bit more enticing to others maybe--my .o2 starter k? Lets start thinking!-------Tom Ps-- and then not to forget --Greenville S.C. for our S.C members later --

Butch
01-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Well, I for one was glad to see this was canceled.

I wasn't going to be able to make it again this month. I had more personal stuff come up this week that MUST be done on Saturday.

I have been so busy lately, that this is the first time I have even checked messages on the site in over a week!!!! Anything important that I should know about???

Can't wait to take a ride in your S/C MM Marauderman!!!!

Later,
Butch

dok
01-08-2004, 09:11 PM
February 21 works for me.

Agent M79
01-08-2004, 10:00 PM
I am game for travelling around a bit, no doubt.

I liked the suggestion of a doing the mountain cruise we missed in the fall in the spring. Maybe that would be good for April.

May, June, July... I think we should take it on the road. If we call Charlotte the location of origin, then places up to 2, maybe 3, hours away so we can hook up with folks that don't normally make it to Charlotte.

I also think the travel sessions should, whenever possible include an activty or site of interest. Maybe we can't tour St. Thomas but there are other car factories to tour in the region.

I would also like to see a combo Carolina Marauders/Atlanta Breakfast Club meet as well. Team Ford was cool, or perhaps other ideas could spring up for a combo meet, maybe at a half-way point.

Indications are leaning towards Indy for the big national meet so we may want to discuss the coordination of a multi-city/state MM caravan starting south of us, picking us up, and we all move north picking up more.

And if Indy happens, you know this being the South we have to form a rebellion and show up at Bristol anyway for the 1st Confederate Marauderville Meet, eh?

I think we could easily fill our plates this season, just need some weather cooperation!

Bigdogjim
01-09-2004, 12:05 AM
AH: If only we could give up our day job and travel from meet to meet.

What a wonderful world it would be:):):)

Marauderman
01-09-2004, 05:24 AM
I gotta get Willie's "on the road again"--what a great country!!