PDA

View Full Version : Racing at Hallsville!!

Leadfart
12-20-2003, 06:46 PM
Just wanted to let all you guys know how much I enjoyed racing with you, and I hope ya'll will come down and race again!! We usually race at Ennis two or three times a year, and at the new track at Royse City, as well.

2003Marauder
12-20-2003, 07:10 PM
Met so many Impala and Marauder guys my heads still spinning.
Some big, fast Impalas there. At least now I have set some goals for my new '04 MM.

2003Marauder
12-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Good show!

Attached is picture of his line-up against ImpalaSS for the Semin-Final round. Maury broke out by just .008 and probably would have made the finals. Was my first and probably last time to Bracket Race; however, it was quite fun. I live too far away from the track to do on a regular basis.

AdioSS
12-20-2003, 07:38 PM
I agree with Bob, we had a great time!

Did anybody get any pictues of my SS?

jspradii
12-20-2003, 07:47 PM
See the pics I posted on the Events Photos site!

martyo
12-20-2003, 07:55 PM
Am I the only one that is not surprised that Maury stole the show???

Did he try to steal anyone's car this time???

cruzer
12-20-2003, 08:29 PM
Only one, Marty, almost took Dan's. Ran a 14.806 @ 96.89 and 14.759 @ 94.75---not bad for a bare a-- stock with only a DR flash---red-lighted twice--before the flash, I did 15.900 @ 91.05---quite a change !!!!!! Will post some pics later.

2003Marauder
12-20-2003, 08:40 PM
They gave me number 1 since I was the first Marauder there to run at the track. Quite an honor. Great bunch of guys to be around and learn how to tear up the track. Can't wait for the next Marauder round-up. After Talking to the Impala guy from Bossier City who had an excellent shine on his "grey-green" mean-machine, I learned the secret was Zanio. So, I'll be using it as soon as weather in Memphis permits.

AdioSS
12-20-2003, 09:09 PM
I haven't seen any of mine yet :bigcry:

Leadfart
12-21-2003, 06:40 AM
Yes, Walter, that's me. I see you managed to catch my skinny side!:) Maury red-lit, by the way. Big difference between a break-out and a red-light. I wish he had done that a round earlier!:mad: I hope we can put something together for next year.

jgc61sr2002
12-21-2003, 09:07 AM
Leadfart - Welcome aboard.:D

muslhed
12-21-2003, 12:12 PM
It was great meeting you guys at Hallsville! I wish I had gotten there at noon like I had originally planned....but that just didn't happen! I did get there in time to run my brand new '03 MM down the track a few times though. With only 653 miles on the ticker, and absolutely no mods, I ran a best time of 14.775 @ 95.06 mph. I am very impressed with this car! Now, if I could just get it to run like Dan's MM, I'd be real happy!

BTW, thank you Dan for telling me about the "peanut butter" trick! As soon as I got home I bought & installed a K & N panel filter (so I don't ever have to buy another one), and performed the "silencer delete"! Can't really tell a difference inthe way it runs though.

Again, I wish I had gotten there earlier so I could have met the rest of you, but I am glad I met the ones I did!

norcag
12-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Ken {my son} and I enjoyed meeting you Impala guys and may be seeing you again in Hallsville. Ken had one run of 14.685 @94.22 and one run of 14.625 @94.07 in th cv sport. We enjoyed the day with everyone. Norman

cruzer
12-21-2003, 08:48 PM
AdioSS, I must admit I don't remember what your SS looked like--any obvious way to identify with ??? did you racethe red Crown Vic or the red Marauder--I have over 50 pics---give me some clues--again thanks for making a lot of fun possible--Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Maury

2003Marauder
12-21-2003, 09:52 PM
AdioSS raced me in the DTR MM. Jim got a good picture of us at the starting line. He had the Black SS with the nice red lighted "bow tie" on the front grill.

cruzer
12-21-2003, 10:47 PM
AdioSS, I think this is you with the '04 Red MM

cruzer
12-21-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by cruzer

Another shot

2003 MIB
12-22-2003, 06:14 AM
Maury- That is AdioSS. I took those shots with your camera. Point and shoot- very easy.

Jeremy- I would be a fraud to claim that the mods on the car on my own. It's been all about this site. Numerous folks endorsing Dennis. Dennis for the parts (and development). Logan pointing me to a shop and answering my newbie questions. Smokie's launch technique- THANKS!. The only thing mine is the jar lid and it won't make you faster- just louder and therefore better. I knew you'd pull great stock times (Connie blew you in about being a "seasoned shoe"). Welcome to the cult, Bro.

SS Dudes- I still think we brought knives to a gunfight but enjoyed meeting y'all and hanging out.

Norm and Ken- Y'all are fun folks and that CV Sport is plenty fast for the investment. Hope to see you both soon.

"Legal Knievel"- That left lane was a little slick so I'm not going to start a thread about your launch technique or let anyone know your real name, Jim. I think I'll just be glad you're safe. :)

That Maury- The guy shows up at Chuck's and wins the show. He shows up at the drags and advances to semis- making the rest of us spectators. He using his walker (he doesn't need it- it's a goof) in the staging lanes and serves as the Republic of Mauderville Ambasador to the track officials and all in attendance. Maury sweats the details so the rest of us can just hang out. Everybody should be lucky enough to know Maury or someone like him.

Now, to head off all of you smart ***es that may be tempted to bag on Old Man Marauder. He's way ahead of you- please know the follwing:
1) He did not take Joan of Arc to the prom.
2) His driver's license number is not XXIV.
3) He did not make his fastest run with his blinker on.
4) He did not leave at 4:00pm to go to Luby's.
5) He does not listen to AM talk. It was Mercury Blues.
6) His social security number is not 28.
7) The hood ornament does not affect his aerodynamics.
8) He doesn't watch Matlock or drink Ensure.
9) It's not funny to hide his heart pills.
10) He's still a big dude- tread lighly.

Finally, anyone who hasn't seen a DTR MM is really missing out. I'll keep black but that car it is very pretty.

Hemlock
12-22-2003, 07:18 AM
I HAD TO LEAVE EARLY SAT. AND FORGOT TO TAKE MY FOLDING CHAIR WITH ME . DID ANYONE PICK IT UP , ITS GOT "HEMLOCK" IN SIX INCH LETTERS ON BACK . ???

2003 MIB
12-22-2003, 07:22 AM
I didn't see the chair. Sorry.

Leadfart
12-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Hemlock,

Shelley, at the gate, picked up your chair. I'll pick it up next time I'm out, or we'll try and get it back to you. Of course, you can always come up some Saturday in January and race. Anyway, we know where it is.

Hemlock
12-22-2003, 11:14 AM
THANKS LEADFART , !!

AdioSS
12-22-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by cruzer
Yup, that is my car. I must've missed it the first time. A few things that make my car stand out from the others are the black paint (but that's the mots common color SS), the draglites all around (but Rick also had those), the red SSLED emblem (but Bob also has that), the C5 Corvette flags on the front fenders, and the billet impala SS script on the rear quarters. If you had a better resolution you could see that moth my rear quarters are damaged and the rear window tint is bubbling bad. :D

I saw the chair, but there were still some MM folks around when I left. I didn't know who it belonged to. :(

And I don't know why ya'll kept saying the left lane was slick. I got several 1.80 sixty foots in that lane. I did get a 1.79 in the right though. :D

Tips for Marauders next time, bring sticky tires! ;)

AdioSS
12-22-2003, 12:24 PM
oh yeah, they also put a big question mark on my back window at the track :rolleyes:

If you happen to have a higher resolution version of those pictures, could you email to me please? SS_Parts@yahoo.com

PHILREIF
12-22-2003, 05:54 PM
I just wanted say I enjoyed the get together last Saturday. Most people don't appreciate the big sporty four door cars like we do. Even if some prefer Chevy and some prefer.....the other brand.

Glad you all could make it out. Let's do it again sometime.

Phil Reifschneider
philreif@earthlink.net
1996 Impala SS

cruzer
12-22-2003, 08:48 PM
Dan, be careful, you'll give me a reputation I can't live up to--I just enjoy being with people who enjoy the same things I do--and the wife says I'll talk to a fence post---so I'm flattered that I have been accepted like I have---let's play some more !!!!!!
AdioSS, sorry about the resolution--I wasn't shooting at max pixels--will do in the future--again thanks to all for making my day --see you soon and keep in touch, maury