PDA

View Full Version : S/C Get's Trans. Service

Bob Mathis
12-21-2003, 08:00 AM
I just did a service of my trans. I pulled the pan and changed the filter. I found nothing in the pan but some film and that was all I found on the magnet. I have 12,000 mile and have been to the track twice,road mile's at some high speeds, normal driving, if you call driving a S/C car in town normal.
What I'm trying to say is I have no issue's with my trans. right now.
Belive me if I thought I was even going to have some problem's I would be the first to say. I want my car to be very reliable but perform when I want it too.
I will do upgrades when I feel they are needed . I ask alot's of questions from lot's of people.
What I'm trying to say is I love this car. :) :coolman:

martyo
12-21-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Bob Mathis
What I'm trying to say is I love this car. :) :coolman:

I think you did a pretty good job!

Bob Mathis
12-21-2003, 10:31 AM
Thanks Marty!
Jean still want's her S/C and want's us to come see you.

Zack
12-21-2003, 02:08 PM
I happy to hear you report no problems, that is always a sigh of relief. Unfortunately and good for us at the same time, the 4R70W has filtering capabilities far superior than any other trans Ive ever worked on. When my trans was apart and everything was inspected, I found a trans pan that displayed every attribute of a healthy trasnsmission inside. And when I got inside, C-clip laying inside of it, forward clutches over 75% burned off and the overdrive band clutch material burned completely off INCLUDING the rivets. I am a positive person, dont get me wrong, but in this case with 'looking' at the trans fluid, looks can and will be deceiving.

TripleTransAm
12-21-2003, 02:11 PM
RF noticed some deposits at the bottom of his tranny pan when he did the fluid change... what does that mean for him?