PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Can Make It Happen

mungce
12-21-2003, 11:51 AM
When I took my MM300A in for it's 15K check up, I told the service manager and the mechanic that did the work to NOT hook it up to thier computer as not to fry my phase one Reinhart chip, only weeks old. Well, bigger than Dallas, what do they do ? Fry my chip !
I called Dennis and he had a chip to me within 24 hours. He is allowing me credit on the fried chip as well !! NOW, that's way beyond plain good service and shows what kinds guy Dennis really is, as he didn't have to help me outm yet did. This is what keeps customes coming back for more and pringing some freinds in as well.
If your wanting to do ANY modifacations to your car, do yourself a big favor and call Dennis and get his opinion on what you havin in ming. As busy as he is with his expanding operations, he still has time to talk with his customers, and in person, no recordeing !!

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth, Tx

norcag
12-21-2003, 08:29 PM
I agree with you 100%. Dennis is a very busy man, but he takes time to treat you right. Norman

01True BlueGT
12-21-2003, 08:37 PM
I couldn't agree more. I haven't made it to his shop yet, but I e-mailed him and he quickly e-mailed me back with the answers I was looking for. The MAN is great!!!! I can't wait to get up there next month and let him work his magic.

mungce
12-22-2003, 10:01 AM
Top notch in every way !!

O's Fan Rich
12-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Who picked up the tab for the fried chip?

mungce
12-22-2003, 12:55 PM
I sent the fried chip back to Dennis, and haven't had time for my credit card to be updated. I aksed for a refund, less his expenses.

Jim Williams
Ft. Worth, Tx

CRUZTAKER
12-22-2003, 03:18 PM
How exactly does one fry a chip. I can see them wiping out a 'flash'...but a chip? What were they up too?

schuvwj
12-22-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by mungce
When I took my MM300A in for it's 15K check up, I told the service manager and the mechanic that did the work to NOT hook it up to thier computer as not to fry my phase one Reinhart chip, only weeks old. Well, bigger than Dallas, what do they do ? Fry my chip !

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth, Tx

Jim does this mean everytime our local dealers uses their computer to check for any codes they will fry any other program other than the OEM's?

What did the dealer do to fry your chip?

If he can fry your Dennis's chip like you said, can he also fry our Jerry's Ford Chip tune programmed in our ECM's?

Thanks!

Bigdogjim
12-22-2003, 11:51 PM
Word of mouth is the best you can get!

We are bless with good vendors in thsi site!:)

mungce
12-23-2003, 06:51 AM
How the chip got fried, I don't know, Maybe fried is too strong a word, or meaning gets lost in the reading. I had been warned to remove the Reinhart chip before going in to the dealer, but didn't follow that advice, and paid the price. I think the maintence guys reset the OEM settings. The car got terrible milage, and ran crappy. After replacing it with the one that Dennis sent me, all of the symptoms were gone, the car ran great and I get even better milage than the original one !
Thanks again Dennis !

Jim Williams
Ft. Worth, Tx