PDA

View Full Version : Wanted To Buy Help me find my first Marauder!

soultosoul13
02-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Been looking for months, but havent found the right one yet....

Im not so worried about the year or color, but it needs to be in good shape. preferably less than 60,000 miles and MUST HAVE traction control. the closer to des moines, iowa, the better.

thanks for keepin those eyes peeled....

tbone
02-04-2011, 04:11 PM
What's so great about traction control? You lose a lot of options getting it.

My next Marauder will also be a 300A.

tbone
02-04-2011, 04:12 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?num_records= 25&search_lang=en&page_location=findacar%3A%3Ais psearchform&search_type=used&distance=0&address=60014&marketZipError=false&style_flag=1&make=MERC&model=MARAUDER&make2=&start_year=1981&end_year=2010&min_price=&max_price=&seller_type=b&transmission=&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&keywords_display=&sort_type=priceDESC&body_code=0&certified=&advanced=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&showZipError=n&default_sort=&awsp=false&systime=&rdm=1255122345721

soultosoul13
02-04-2011, 04:33 PM
What's so great about traction control? You lose a lot of options getting it.

My next Marauder will also be a 300A.

im thinking traction control and snow tires will be required for iowa winters.
convince me im wrong, please!

tbone
02-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Your right foot is traction control.

SC Cheesehead
02-04-2011, 05:05 PM
im thinking traction control and snow tires will be required for iowa winters.
convince me im wrong, please!

Your right foot is traction control.

I've got my T/C shut off as often as I have it on.

IMO, junk standard feature, wish I didn't have it on my car, would gladly trade it for a remote fuel door set up.

tbone
02-04-2011, 05:25 PM

IMO, junk standard feature, wish I didn't have it on my car, would gladly trade it for a remote fuel door set up.

And all the other goodies you lose. 300A is the way to go, imo.

guspech750
02-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Traction control is a waste of space. A good set of snow tires and good driving habbits will get you through the snow.

I just saw a really nice Marauder, supercharged with many many upgrades in Autotraders web site for $20,000 a few days ago. All done by Dennis Rienhart a vendor here.

DADLEY
02-04-2011, 06:59 PM
I HAVE JUST JOINED AND DON;T KNOW IF THIS IS THE WAY TO CONTACT YOU--YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT dadleys@gmail.com FOR INFO ON MY CAR FOR SALE

Dragcity
02-04-2011, 06:59 PM
I usedcto use traction control in the winter. Takes a little thought out of driving in the Crap. I would rather have memory seats instead of the TC.

soultosoul13
02-05-2011, 12:10 PM

thanks for the advice guys. i cant think of a good reason really to not have it.
i mean, you CAN turn it off. im really not concerned with other options. are there any real performance/maintenence issues it can cause, considering this would be my daily driver?
i have heard from other MM owners that TC helps, happy to hear the other side of it....

steve fox
02-05-2011, 01:07 PM
The electronic T/C unit which replaced the wonderful (and expensive) Bosch mechanical units of earlier model years is way slow in response to the wheel spin sensor. It will grab the rotor quick enough but then waits a few seconds to release it. As a result you need to back off the gas and wait for it to release or it just grabs harder and you go nowhere. Blizzaks and ltd slip differential are the only solutions to snow. In my opinion though the MM should be saved for good weather. Buy a beater for the snow.

SC Cheesehead
02-05-2011, 01:30 PM
I HAVE JUST JOINED AND DON;T KNOW IF THIS IS THE WAY TO CONTACT YOU--YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT dadleys@gmail.com FOR INFO ON MY CAR FOR SALE

So you're saying you have two Marauders and want to sell one, correct?

Suggest you start in new thread under the cars for sale forum, post up some info about the car(s) along with some pics; best way to go if you're trying to sell one of your cars.

RacerX
02-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Mine has no tc an it drives great in the snow with the right snow tires. Posi ftw! I'm buried up to my ace in snow here in NH btw! :beer:

soultosoul13
02-05-2011, 03:46 PM
The electronic T/C unit which replaced the wonderful (and expensive) Bosch mechanical units of earlier model years is way slow in response to the wheel spin sensor. It will grab the rotor quick enough but then waits a few seconds to release it. As a result you need to back off the gas and wait for it to release or it just grabs harder and you go nowhere. Blizzaks and ltd slip differential are the only solutions to snow. In my opinion though the MM should be saved for good weather. Buy a beater for the snow.

i can definitely understand this. honestly i was under the impression that the MM T/C was mechanical. when did this change(model year)? also, is that delayed release common on all vehicles, or is it more of an occasional side effect?

SC Cheesehead
02-06-2011, 08:08 AM
i can definitely understand this. honestly i was under the impression that the MM T/C was mechanical. when did this change(model year)? also, is that delayed release common on all vehicles, or is it more of an occasional side effect?

Nope, delayed release is pretty much an effect of the system.

I had a situation a while back where I literally had my car at WOT trying to accelerate onto an on ramp, and the car kept slowing down. NOT good.

LIGHTNIN1
02-06-2011, 09:06 AM
You should be able to find what you are looking for either on this website or Autotrader, which is averaging 60 listings now, was more.You may have to travel to find it as some of us have. Good hunting.

Mike
02-06-2011, 10:04 AM

^^^How about it!!!^^^

soultosoul13
02-06-2011, 12:28 PM
You should be able to find what you are looking for either on this website or Autotrader, which is averaging 60 listings now, was more.You may have to travel to find it as some of us have. Good hunting.

yea, i suppose it would be a little TOO easy if the right car showed up locally!
what fun is that!? im willing to travel, but being gone for 2-3 days is a problem for me. im hoping to find one in the midwest at worst.

jstevens
02-06-2011, 02:48 PM
see if carfixers is still avail. Blown and loaded. Nice car.

SC Cheesehead
02-06-2011, 03:36 PM
see if carfixers is still avail. Blown and loaded. Nice car.

Oh yeah, one sweet ride, and worth every penny. :2thumbs:

LIGHTNIN1
02-06-2011, 06:09 PM
yea, i suppose it would be a little TOO easy if the right car showed up locally!
what fun is that!? im willing to travel, but being gone for 2-3 days is a problem for me. im hoping to find one in the midwest at worst.

I understand. There just were not any in my area for sale much less good ones. I lucked out I guess and had it trucked from Florida.

SC Cheesehead
02-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Check out this post:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68900

soultosoul13
02-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Check out this post:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68900

that did catch my eye. waiting for mileage and photos, like everyone else!

soultosoul13
02-28-2011, 01:05 PM
thanks for your help everyone. i finally found a marauder, and picked it up last week. will be posting more info and pics soon....

Motorhead350
03-01-2011, 02:43 AM
Might as well get a blue to match your Blues.

soultosoul13
03-01-2011, 06:22 AM
yes! exactly!!

Marauder108
03-03-2011, 05:05 PM
im up in chicago i find them all the time the only problem is either to much milage or too much money even both sometimes. so ill try