PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Brown SC Owners: Service Problem

John F. Russo
12-22-2003, 10:07 AM
Traction Control Light and Intercooler Pump Problem
I started my car and noticed my three traction control related lights were on yellow (permanently). It is obvious that my pump could not operate either.

Diagnosis
I spoke to David Frey of Kenny Brown and informed him. I told him that one of the wires that broke went to my intercooler pump(Ford Lightining vehicle uses the same pump) and was the cause of the problem. It is apparent that the two wires connected to the plug are exposed to water periodically. As further proof, the broken wire was colored green. (It was hanging in the air under my car for one week). The plug is located just to the left side of the radiator near the bottom as you look at the backside of the radiator when the car is on a lift.

Recommendation
My car has 15,000 miles and I decided to replace the entire plug.
I also will water proof the plug with a plastic spray. I suggest that everyone waterproof their plugs too.

Any other suggestions?

______________________________ _____________________
2003 Blue 300B (Canadian) (reversed traction control, mini spare,
trunked 6 disc CD changer,clock-in-the-radio, heated front
seats, hood light)
-Born 12/10/02
-12,000 miles
-18.5 mpg at a steady speed of 80 mph
-Stock transmission (upgraded with Performance Automatic
clutches and band after stock tranny failed in 8,800 miles)
-Wheel locks (Ford)
-Badgeless front grille by “Zack”
-Zaino waxing
Kenny Brown: 6th “Signature Series” conversion (450 hp) Born
3/28/03
-Dead pedal
-Baer front brakes 14 in. two piston, vented rotors
-MMX Driveshaft
-377 RWTQ
-4.10 gears
-Precision, triple disc, P/N469018-3 Precision, triple disc,
P/N469018-3
-Vortech supercharger (5 and 9 psig boost)
-Pirelli P-Zero Asymmetric (front 255/45ZR18 99Y;rear
255/50ZR18 102Y)
-FordChip
-One coil of each front stock spring removed to produce
the “same” effect as an Eibach spring
-Ground clearance: 5 in.
______________________________ ____________________
1961 Ford Galaxie, 2 dr. Club Victoria, 390CID, 375hp, 4 barrel

Haggis
12-22-2003, 10:32 AM
I will check into it when I get home. So far no problems with Traction Control Light or Intercooler Pump.
Is this wire something they put on at Kenny Brown's and how does the Traction Control Light connect to the Intercooler pump??

Thanks for the info John, hope everything else is ok with your car.

martyo
12-22-2003, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by John F. Russo
[B]I started my car and noticed my three traction control related lights were on yellow (permanently).[QUOTE][B]

Three lights?

John F. Russo
12-22-2003, 02:21 PM
ALL
The word I used, "intercooler", is not technically correct. It should be called an "aftercooler"

Haggis
"Is this wire something they put on at Kenny Brown's and how does the Traction Control Light connect to the Intercooler pump??

Thanks for the info John, hope everything else is ok with your car."

Kenny Brown installed the pump for the aftercooler to cool the transmission fluid. I talked to David Frey of Kenny Brown about the situation and he is investigating how two wires powering a pump would affect the traction control related lights and maybe even the operation of the traction control itself.

I know that connecting and disconnecting that single wire, turns the three lights on and off on my dash.

Thanks for asking about my car.

The transmission is working fine.
The new problem that I thought I had had was not a problem but part of the normal design of the transmission operation. The problem was that the car was not shifting into 4th gear for about 10 to 15 minutes. Others on the web reported that this was the normal action of the transmission fluid heating up. This is my first full winter for this car.
I'm still driving with my original Perelli tires but very carefully and with a couple of minor non-accident incidents. I'm learning very fast about my car with 4 small "snow boards" as wheels. This is my first experience with such wide tires.

Martyo
"Three lights"

The light on the "on/off switch" for the traction control, the light at the upper left hand corner illustrating "wavy car tracks" and the last one was in the upper part of the instrument panel between the speedometer and tach dial). I don't rememer what the symbol was. The only way to find out is to break the wire to see it lit again because I don't see it when I start up the car.

Your Mongoose is the best artwork on the web site. How did you do it? How long did it take you?

OTHER FAILED CONDITION
During my traction control failure I noticed my widshield wipers did not operate. I can't say it happened at the same time because I had no occasion to use the wipers until I needed them to work. What a surprise when I needed them. I use RainX on my windshield and that bailed me out as long as I drove faster than usual. Of course, I needed another excuse to drive fast. At above 40 mph I don't use my wipers anyway ordinarily.
The fuse was blown. I don't know if this condition had anything to do with the traction control not working. So why did the fuse blow? I now have a complete spare set of fuses.

MM03MOK
12-22-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by John F. Russo
Your Mongoose is the best artwork on the web site. How did you do it? How long did it take you? < let's see the MOngoose's answer to this one! >

Now back to the thread.

martyo
12-22-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by John F. Russo
Your Mongoose is the best artwork on the web site. How did you do it? How long did it take you?

John: The artwork was very easy for me. I met a great gal (another poster in this very thread, travelling by bunny power) on this site who made the artwork after the nickname was thrown at me in Ennis, Texas. She didn't even charge me! :D

And, the best part of the artwork is that I "think" it comes with peanut butter cookies, but we'll have to wait and see about that.....

John F. Russo
12-22-2003, 03:25 PM
MMO3MK
So it that hopping rabbit that did it!

With a rabbit that local, I'm going to do a little talking to it (her?).

I almost forgot about that "hopper". Thanks for the reminder.
It's almost as good as that other creation of yours.

Martyo, your cover has been blown!

It's that quisling rabbit that did it.