PDA

View Full Version : Review Vortech Supercharger Install

thebeeper
03-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Hey people :
I just thought I would add in my comments on a Vortech Novi 1500 supercharger install I am having done on my bone stock 2004 MM . The install is not complete yet , but almost there . First and formost , before I get into the install , I would like to make a HUGE comment about Dennis Reinhart ( Reinhart Automotive in Orange Park Florida ) . He is the person I bought the complete kit thru . He supplied all the parts , or had parts sent to my install shop to complete the task . He went ( and still is ) going WAY above and beyond what I have ever experienced from a vendor . AWESOME communications and help . I live in Boulder City Nevada , so everything has been on the phone or emails . He has ALWAYS been there to take a call , and stays on the phone right thru whatever you need help with . One big hiccup was not Dennis's falt , but the manufacturer of the superchager , VORTECH . They sent the wrong supercharger . This held up the install a few days .
The install has had a few hiccups here and there ( first time this shop has done a SC install . Many classic cars , muscle cars , but a first for a SC install ) , and we are near the end , and have been having a problem with getting the proper fuel / air parameters correct . Dennis has spent HOURS on the phone trying to straighten this out . He and my installer are still working on this problem even as I am writing this . One thing to remember on any KIT install . There will be parts that will not fit exactly correct , every vehicle is a little different , so you have to improvise .
All the parts that Dennis supplied with his part of the kit have been FIRST RATE ! Super looking , and very well thought out .
If anyone would like to contact me on this install , you can email me at THEBEEPER@COX.NET . I would be happy to lend any info I can .
Thanks for your time .
Dave

Dennis Reinhart
03-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Thank you after days on the phone, I finally added team viewer to my computer so I was able to log on to the technicians computer I sent him a configuration file and he was data logging the car that is when I noticed the Maf counts at idle were about 350 this is way to high and I told him it was either a air leak or a bad bypass valve, and sure enough the pipe had come loose at the IC the car starts and runs perfect I advised him to change the plugs in the car. So I am glad I could help and I have a new tool to help my customers.:banana: so every one knows, only the vendor and customer can respond in a vendor review, this is the way it should be, if you have dealings with the vendor negative or positive feel free to post those comments up.