PDA

View Full Version : MTX Thunder

dbc1965
03-16-2011, 06:08 AM
I have read different post on marauder& crown vic site concerning sub amp having hopes of keeping factory adding sub system from a marauder seeing how the marquis is consider a cousin to the marauder family after upgrade stock radio to autophile car parts.com which you can tell the difference. Read autophile was design for sub amp you will loose bass. My 05 wasn't pre wire for sub amp. Then I remember John aka Pops having a good name with this site. So PM him for straight forward answer for a solution he then reply Dave factory sub aren't the best MTX makes 10" keeping in mind I don't care for windows shaking just a nice sound several emails back& forth I'm old school never care a whole bunch about sound I made the purchase from him. receive it next day great service.

Thanks David Cruz

chg area anyone wants to give me a hand with install (lol)

Blackened300a
03-16-2011, 06:33 AM
I have the MTX sub from John installed in my car. I used the stock location and the stock wiring. Huge improvment over the stock one, but don't expect block rockin beats coming out of it with the stock radio. Its worth the money though.

dbc1965
03-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Thanks for feedback I was careful by telling John I didn't want all of rocking beats LOL he gave me want I wanted nothing more or less very helpful. I'm more into mods performance even then not over board 5.4 build happening soon part's are being gather no boost or anything like that. However you see alot of sohc swap to dohc but not many 4.6 to 5.4 swap happening. not making other car payment again lol asumme keep what I have and rebuild it when time comes.

MOTOWN
03-16-2011, 07:23 AM
any pics of this?

Pops
03-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Here you go!

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/enclosures/XT110P.cfm

dbc1965
03-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Motown well worth the money cost effective for simple mod Pops will do your right. he also provide wiring everything needed for install at fair price. Then he has Andy will help with question if needed . Haven't install yet but looking forward to install.

MOTOWN
03-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Here you go!

oh thats sweet, kinda like an infinity bass link

CBT
03-16-2011, 08:39 AM
I have the MTX sub from John installed in my car. I used the stock location and the stock wiring. Huge improvment over the stock one, but don't expect block rockin beats coming out of it with the stock radio. Its worth the money though.
Do you think upgrading to the Ford Escape 6 CD in-dash along with Pop's MTX sub would be a good/louder combo?

Pops
03-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Do you think upgrading to the Ford Escape 6 CD in-dash along with Pop's MTX sub would be a good/louder combo?

The only thing that would change is more bass Casey!

Blackened300a
03-16-2011, 08:42 AM

If I pop the trunk the bass sounds so much deeper and louder. Inside the car its loud enough to vibrate the mirrors, but not overpower the music. The Escape upgrade would probably make it all come together to sound better all around.

CBT
03-16-2011, 08:45 AM
The only thing that would change is more bass Casey!
I thought folks said the upgraded radio was a little louder?? Or does it just sound better/clearer.

CBT
03-16-2011, 08:48 AM
If I pop the trunk the bass sounds so much deeper and louder. Inside the car its loud enough to vibrate the mirrors, but not overpower the music. The Escape upgrade would probably make it all come together to sound better all around.
Cool, I think I'll scope out e-bay after work for the radio. Get one of them, call Pops for the MTX, make Metallica louder. :beer:

Pops
03-16-2011, 08:52 AM

You need a better vent into the cabin of the car. That also would give you other noises you do not want to hear! The rear deck has to small of an opening to let the bass escape from the trunk. This is the main reason guys overpower the bass so they can force it thru the back seat. Problem is the big subs also create all the rattles!:D If you pulled one of the rear speakers out and played it you would hear the differance.

Blackened300a
03-16-2011, 08:56 AM
You need a better vent into the cabin of the car. That also would give you other noises you do not want to hear! The rear deck has to small of an opening to let the bass escape from the trunk. This is the main reason guys overpower the bass so they can force it thru the back seat. Problem is the big subs also create all the rattles!:D If you pulled one of the rear speakers out and played it you would hear the differance.

If I was to put 2 simple ports into the decklid, Im assuming that would make a nice improvment in the bass?

CBT
03-16-2011, 08:57 AM

So one could take the rear deck/pad out, carefully drill a few holes, without going thru the material, and this would do the trick, yes no?

Blackened300a
03-16-2011, 09:02 AM
So one could take the rear deck/pad out, carefully drill a few holes, without going thru the material, and this would do the trick, yes no?

I was actually thinking about getting a hole saw and dropping one of these in.
http://www.off-road.com/images/content/03-Deckplate7-7.jpg

CBT
03-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Yeah I saw you posted right before me, lol. I just put a wanted ad for a rear deck, I like your idea but I'm thinking something like little reverse hood scoops, with the openings pointed at the back of people's heads. Something to tinker with, as if I don't have enough crap to do at home as it is. You will probably finish it way before me if you already have the parts, probably make a bitchin' thread if you did a picture write up.

I was actually thinking about getting a hole saw and dropping one of these in.
http://www.off-road.com/images/content/03-Deckplate7-7.jpg

Blackened300a
03-16-2011, 09:16 AM
I think the simple port will work better because it will reflect the sound off the rear window and bounce around the cabin. IMO The hood scoop idea with just direct it one way and will probably rattle the scoop off.
Ill pick one up from any stereo shop for less then $5 and install it over the woofer. I think it would work, but if not I can deposit a soda can directly into the trunk. :rolleyes:

CBT
03-16-2011, 09:22 AM
I think the simple port will work better because it will reflect the sound off the rear window (<--- good point) and bounce around the cabin. IMO The hood scoop idea with just direct it one way and will probably rattle the scoop off.
Ill pick one up from any stereo shop for less then $5 and install it over the woofer. I think it would work, but if not I can deposit a soda can directly into the trunk. :rolleyes:
That port is the size of a soda can? Wait a minute, you're probably like me, no cans or drinks that don't have a closable lid in the Marauder :bop:

Pops
03-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Paul pull a speaker out first before you try this! A second portr should help. We port a lot of rear decks here.

CBT you would need to remove the insulation for that to work right.

Blackened300a
03-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Paul pull a speaker out first before you try this! A second portr should help. We port a lot of rear decks here.

Ill give it a shot. It will be a small weekend project.

And NO DRINKS WITHOUT A LID ALLOWED.

CBT
03-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Paul pull a speaker out first before you try this! A second portr should help. We port a lot of rear decks here. <--that's 'cause you da man.

I'm with Paul, I'm no stereo install expert but this will get tinkered on by me in the comfy of my garage when I get a spare deck lid. I'd like to do it before Hershey, then compare the sound.

dbc1965
03-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Have radio like you. Autophile from I understand almost requires a sub woofer I'm sure you know already Pop has good name here. Just want to add comming from a guy who really doesn't care about sound checking ebay before place order with John to see what it looked like I did notice they are price higher and then there is some extra wiring needed. Reason why I choose John because he took time with me I'm a sound dummy lol also he only sold what's needed and ask for plus he know's are panther cars. He want to me call first making sure he got all information on my car. he could have just place order and said screw it another sale. Which sat well with me.

hope it help you some.:bows: first bow goes to the Lord above thankyou Jesus for good and bad.:bows: secord bow goes to John oh great sound God lol

CBT
03-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Have radio like you. Autophile from I understand almost requires a sub woofer I'm sure you know already Pop has good name here. Just want to add comming from a guy who really doesn't care about sound checking ebay before place order with John to see what it looked like I did notice they are price higher and then there is some extra wiring needed. Reason why I choose John because he took time with me I'm a sound dummy lol also he only sold what's needed and ask for plus he know's are panther cars. He want to me call first making sure he got all information on my car. he could have just place order and said screw it another sale. Which sat well with me.

hope it help you some.:bows: first bow goes to the Lord above thankyou Jesus for good and bad.:bows: secord bow goes to John oh great sound God lol
John sounds like a great guy, I'll have to meet him some day. :)

Pops
03-16-2011, 03:52 PM
John sounds like a great guy, I'll have to meet him some day. :)

You just might meet him if you offer to buy!;)

Fosters
03-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Here you go!

That seems pretty cool, nice price too. Good alternative to infinity (never liked them much).

Anyone know if they fit in the back of a jeep wrangler, in that mini trunk?

LilCop2002
03-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Where did you see a price on it? I'm definitely digging it.

Fosters
03-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Where did you see a price on it? I'm definitely digging it.

I just searched fleabay for it. 207 bucks with free shipping. Not half bad.

LilCop2002
03-25-2011, 04:34 PM
I just searched fleabay for it. 207 bucks with free shipping. Not half bad.

I'm not sure why I didn't even think to search for it there, but I figured you saw the price in a vendor's forum. That's not a bad price.

POPS,

Which is better between it and the Infinity Basslink and why?

Ktorres1
03-25-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure why I didn't even think to search for it there, but I figured you saw the price in a vendor's forum. That's not a bad price.

POPS,

Which is better between it and the Infinity Basslink and why?

+1 on this ?

Ktorres1
03-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Bump bump ?????????

Pops
03-26-2011, 05:37 AM
The Infinity is nice! The Mtx also does a good job. Buy what you are comfotable with. Mtx has been a great company and stands behinfd its product. PM me for the price guys!