PDA

View Full Version : Hibernation is over!

MMinMN
03-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Drove the Marauder for the first real time since November! Feels good to get her out of hibernation. Still got to pull the intake and get the mouse out from under the intake plenum! Nothing like the smell of cooked mouse!

tbone
03-18-2011, 10:34 AM
They were nesting under the seat of my atv 2 years in a row. I put a block of poison in their "spot". No nests, and I can see they were chewing on it.

MCAT
03-18-2011, 10:34 AM
way early, need more rain to wash all the salt away first.

soultosoul13
03-18-2011, 10:40 AM
way early, need more rain to wash all the salt away first.

wait, i thought salt added 10-20hp??:D

computertech
03-18-2011, 11:01 AM
YES YES YES its close to 65 degree`s here ! was a great day indeed for a cruise in the Marauder !!

:burnout:

CBT
03-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Drove the Marauder for the first real time since November! Feels good to get her out of hibernation. Still got to pull the intake and get the mouse out from under the intake plenum! Nothing like the smell of cooked mouse!
Holy crap! I'd be like a kid in a candy store :beer:

Egon Spengler
03-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Marauder run year round. Have gotten my money's worth to say the least. Car has gotten a workout and is tired!

Congrats though! I am itching to get my motorcycle wheels rolling again.

Dragcity
03-18-2011, 11:51 AM
It's been so long, I can't remember exactly where I left my Marauder in October....

Mote
03-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Yep - Summer tires are going on within a week. The snow is knocked down enough so I can get them from the back yard shed to the driveway.

rayjay
03-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Still looks like January 18th here, maybe a month from now. :(

jdando
03-18-2011, 04:22 PM
:woohoo:

Tomorrow looks good also!

myrodr
03-18-2011, 04:30 PM
got mine out 2 weeks ago. first stop light got asked is that a marauder. told him yes it is and lit-up my new tires. wife said nothing(she saw grin on my face)but i knew she was thinking i am nuts.

MMinMN
03-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Went to a restaurant in St. Paul last night with it. Pulled up front and the young host chic goes "Is that a Marauder" with her jaw hanging open. I was shocked. I am surprised how many people have NEVER heard of a Marauder, let alone a younger chic. She was pumped about it! It was awesome.
Looks like more snow this week but I can't take it anymore. I can't wait for spring!

RacerX
03-21-2011, 12:26 PM
We had snow today... I actually drove her home at lunch and swapped for the Mountaineer. I put her summer sneakers on and she no likey da snow. :depress:

rayjay
03-21-2011, 12:51 PM
We had snow today... I actually drove her home at lunch and swapped for the Mountaineer. I put her summer sneakers on and she no likey da snow. :depress:

4" last night :( looks like winter is never going to end here. The MM's parking spot is still under 2 feet of snow.

JOEMERC
03-21-2011, 03:48 PM
I drive mine year round,but from nov. To about this time of year i take off oe wheels and put my winter rims/tires on .dont get too many looks til i install oe wheels on again.why would people ask if its a marauder when it says it on rear bumper,maybe they think we etched it on there with a sharp knife.

rayjay
03-21-2011, 03:54 PM
I used mine 365 for the 1st 4 years, but winters are really hard on a vehicle here. After I had it repaired from hitting a horned forest rat it just looked too good for winter use. I shutter to think of what kind of shape it would be in now and the high miles that would be on her. I usually only put about 5K miles on now and 2K of that is our trip to SoCo.

mnxtrik8r
03-21-2011, 06:22 PM
After a ton of rain over the weekend I figured it was time. Called the insurance man, fired it up and went for a cruise. Man is SC fun in cool weather. Roads were exceptionally clean. The new tires feel awesome,it rides like a whole new car(that or it's been way too long since I drove it). Should be a great summer (eventually).

MMinMN
03-22-2011, 06:51 PM
looks like someone else was hibernating too with the Marauder!

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t124/lincolnman1969/P1090512.jpg

GarageMahal
03-23-2011, 05:28 AM
looks like someone else was hibernating too with the Marauder!

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t124/lincolnman1969/P1090512.jpg

My worst fear! This is the first year I have stored the Marauder for the winter and afraid to find out what doesn't work when I start her back up.

jta

MMinMN
03-23-2011, 07:21 AM
yea, He just started to chew on the main wire harness in the rear too but never got through the first layer of tape. Thank god!

rayjay
03-23-2011, 07:34 AM
yea, He just started to chew on the main wire harness in the rear too but never got through the first layer of tape. Thank god!

When I started storing mine Dragcity told me to use Irish Spring soap in places you don't want critters. I get three bars, cut them in thirds and place under the hood, interior, trunk. I usually put pieces right on top of the intake and wire harnesses. Seems to work. I also put out rat poison.

FiveO
04-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Mines in the garage now...with the bit of rain..but she's been out a couple times.

Oh man..the pedal has been itching :)

Can't wait to get her out and about...any TC get-to-gethers let me know...love to bring up north for a group thing.

Tough to let off the throttle on 500hp :)

jdando
04-16-2011, 05:48 AM
Mines in the garage now...with the bit of rain..but she's been out a couple times.

Oh man..the pedal has been itching :)

Can't wait to get her out and about...any TC get-to-gethers let me know...love to bring up north for a group thing.

Tough to let off the throttle on 500hp :)

Hey Mark;

Better keep her in the garage for a day or two. Two inches of snow here in the Twin Cities :help:

Porky's is closed, but I am looking for a different place for a get together!

rayjay
04-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey Mark;

Better keep her in the garage for a day or two. Two inches of snow here in the Twin Cities :help:

Porky's is closed, but I am looking for a different place for a get together!

Geesh, keep the snow up there, please! I was thinking of getting mine out this coming week now that my parking space is snow free.

Shaijack
04-16-2011, 12:41 PM
I really feel for you snow people. He we wish it would snow and you guys have too much. 80's here all week. Pool is ready to swim anyone interested in a party?

mnxtrik8r
04-17-2011, 12:15 PM
I took mine out for a maiden voyage after re installing the Trilogy after finding a leak on the snout seal and getting it rebuilt this winter after only about 500 miles on it.(Bone stock,no pulley change) The maiden voyage was a whole 60 miles only to find it leaking AGAIN.:mad2:Now the plan is to remove it and replace the nose assembly from Magnuson with a new one and try that. I am getting pretty good at replacing the assemblys though. Also found a pretty good and easy way of removing the old silicone from the mounting surfaces.I used a new razor blade to remove most of it , then a strip of green Scotch Brite and WD-40. It works great. The WD-40 doesnt dissolve the pad like lacquer thinner or carb cleaner does. Hopefully this takes care of it and I can actually enjoy the car for a change. Winter can't last forever, even in Minnesota.:cool4:

crouse
04-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Winter can't last forever, even in Minnesota.:cool4:

Yes it can. Chance of snow on Wednesday.

Dragcity
04-18-2011, 11:07 AM
I really feel for you snow people. He we wish it would snow and you guys have too much. 80's here all week. Pool is ready to swim anyone interested in a party?

Great. You stink!

HAULNSS
04-19-2011, 06:24 AM

I'll take a little snow over a hurricane anyday! :D

Randy

rayjay
04-19-2011, 08:54 AM
I'll take a little snow over a hurricane anyday! :D

Randy

True, but we've had a record amount snowfall this season and its still not over....

Shaijack
04-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Hurricanes stink you are proberly right. What's snow.