PDA

View Full Version : HP Increase from a JLT Intake?

WhatsUpDOHC
03-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi -

Just wondering if any dyno results from a JLT intake are available.

50th birthday is coming up and I'm getting my wish list together.

Mark

DEFYANT
03-19-2011, 05:04 PM
There are before and after dyno tests somewhere. I think it was somewhere around 7 - 15 hp. I did mine the same time as the headers after the blower. Your results may be different. Search.

tbone
03-19-2011, 05:08 PM
The SOUND is worth the price of admission alone.:banana2:

WhatsUpDOHC
03-19-2011, 05:38 PM

I'm totally with that - Just wondering about the HP gains (So that I can tell Motorhead friends).

Thanks!

Mark

SpartaPerformance
03-19-2011, 05:41 PM
CAI and a tune will give you enough HP to totally change the feel of the car. Worth every penny.

fastblackmerc
03-19-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm totally with that - Just wondering about the HP gains (So that I can tell Motorhead friends).

Thanks!

Mark

Either use the search function or contact Jay at JLT. He did before and after dyno runs. I think it was in the 10- 15HP range.

Like previous posters stated.... the sound alone is worth the price of the JLT.

guspech750
03-19-2011, 06:25 PM
I love mine.

Tucker
03-20-2011, 06:19 AM
Yes, several tests done by us and customers have resulted in 10-15 RWHP and equal TQ.
If you have any questions feel free to give us a call.

Thanks
Jay

JOEMERC
03-20-2011, 08:09 AM
WONDER HOW IT COULD BE SO MUCH MORE HP WHEN THEY SAY WE HAVE THE LEAST RESTRICTIVE INTAKE AIRBOX AND ZIP TUBE AROUND? I INSTALLED KnN PANEL FILTER AND REMOVED WALRUS LOOKING RESONATOR ON INLET TUBE AND RUBBER TUBE IN FRONT OF AIR BOX,WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN SOUND OF AIR RUSHING IN NOW.

Tucker
03-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks for your post Joe, but you just gained about 4 hp..

We dyno test every product we sell and so do customers. Use the search button for results dating back to 2005.

The DOHC motor will take as much air as you can give it and our kit on the Marauder consistantly gains up to 15 RWHP.

When customers report the "feel" it in a #4400 lb car it's working ;)

Ktorres1
03-20-2011, 09:36 AM
I love my jlt ! Sound, looks, price ohh and did I mention the roaring sound :)

ctrlraven
03-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Love my JLT v.1. I might even buy another one one day just so I have the heat shield and silver zip tube.

Paul T. Casey
03-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Mr. Tucker makes the finest CAI for our Marauders, bar none. I did other mods between dyno tunes, but I did get about a .1 at the track (1/8 mile). Besides the hp/torque/sound gains, it looks real good.

Black_Noise
03-20-2011, 10:23 AM
if you making a list, and just starting with a JLT, I say do it, it was my 1st mod, followed by an Xcal3 and its like a different car.

Go for it.

SC Cheesehead
03-20-2011, 02:08 PM
if you making a list, and just starting with a JLT, I say do it, it was my 1st mod, followed by an Xcal3 and its like a different car.

Go for it.

IMO, I'd do it the other way around. Tune will get you more HP, the CAI will complement that.

WhatsUpDOHC
03-20-2011, 03:14 PM
IMO, I'd do it the other way around. Tune will get you more HP, the CAI will complement that.

You (all) read my mind - I'm also trying to get the resonator delete tips from Cone Engineering....

What will I listen to?:

Skynyrd (via iPod)
New Engine Roar

Decisions, decisions (May lean toward the Engine Roar).

Mark

SC Cheesehead
03-20-2011, 03:17 PM
You (all) read my mind - I'm also trying to get the resonator delete tips from Cone Engineering....

What will I listen to?:

Skynyrd (via iPod)
New Engine Roar

Decisions, decisions (May lean toward the Engine Roar).

Mark

Depending on what you're looking for, the res-delete tips won't increase the volume substantially, but you will get a more pronounced tone, if that makes any sense.

If you want more noise for cheap, delete the rear cats.

WhatsUpDOHC
03-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Depending on what you're looking for, the res-delete tips won't increase the volume substantially, but you will get a more pronounced tone, if that makes any sense.

If you want more noise for cheap, delete the rear cats.

Thanks for the tips (No pun intended). I'll take better noise any day. Will I be able to pass NJ inspection without the rear cats?

Mark

P.S. I lived in Greenville, SC from 1997-2000:

My wife and I loved living there - We rented 2 Whitehall Street and owned 304 Summit Ave.

Along with the Blue Ridge (bar), I miss the boiled peanuts on the road to Ceasar's Head and the Blenheim Ginger Ale at the Farmer's Market.

SC Cheesehead
03-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the tips (No pun intended). I'll take better noise any day. Will I be able to pass NJ inspection without the rear cats?

Mark

P.S. I lived in Greenville, SC from 1997-2000:

My wife and I loved living there - We rented 2 Whitehall Street and owned 304 Summit Ave.

Along with the Blue Ridge (bar), I miss the boiled peanuts on the road to Ceasar's Head and the Blenheim Ginger Ale at the Farmer's Market.

Deleting the rear cats shouldn't impact your emissions, but I'm not asure what all NJ does for vehicle inspection, so not much help three.

I'm on the northeast side of town, between Pelham Road, Howell, and Wade Hampton.

I know the Blue Ridge well, their Hurricane Heffeweizen is one of my all time favorites, and +1 on the Blenheim's. :coolman:

fastblackmerc
03-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Will I be able to pass NJ inspection without the rear cats?

Most inspectors don't know that there is supposed to be 4 cats on a Marauder. If you have 2 cats under the car they should pass it.

dohc324ci
03-20-2011, 09:18 PM
JLT CAI + XCAL 3 best bang for the buck. This should be the mandatory 1st mod.

Lignum
03-23-2011, 10:52 AM
JLT CAI + XCAL 3 best bang for the buck. This should be the mandatory 1st mod.

This is what I have done so far. Very effective. Enough to embarass an Acura RSX type-s :banana2:

Fosters
03-23-2011, 12:11 PM
I know it's a relatively different beast, but on the mach it gained 19hp and 14tq. I can't wait to start modding the marauder... to quote Old School "Just need to run it by Marissa" :o

ctrlraven
03-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Most inspectors don't know that there is supposed to be 4 cats on a Marauder. If you have 2 cats under the car they should pass it.
When I first got questioned about new piping down there I just said the exhaust was cut because the transmission came out. "Oh okay" was all the guy replied with.

Fosters
03-23-2011, 12:39 PM
When I first got questioned about new piping down there I just said the exhaust was cut because the transmission came out. "Oh okay" was all the guy replied with.

Do they pass the sniffer test with one set of cats?

I know, getting offtopic here :(

ctrlraven
03-23-2011, 12:48 PM

Here in MD only ODB-I vehicles get the sniffer test. All OBD-II vehicles get the computer scanned. The rear O2 sensors sit in front of the rear cats so no codes will be thrown at all. If you have a tune they are turned off anyways.

fastblackmerc
03-23-2011, 12:49 PM

I believe most well maintained MM's will pass with no cats.

Lignum
03-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Last time I did emissions on an OBD2 car in Washington state there was no sniffer. Just hooked up to a computer to ensure no sensors where throwing a code I guess.

Fosters
03-24-2011, 07:45 AM
I believe most well maintained MM's will pass with no cats.

Awesome. In MN where I'm at now, there are no tests of any kind, but I plan on moving to AZ where cars over 5 years old get a sniffer test every 2 years I think...

Wonder if the mach will pass with no cats; longtubes and the whole 9... :D

visionmercury
03-25-2011, 03:19 PM
jlt + tune + 4400lb car = hang on tight :)

Chevyguy
04-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Do most of you guys run the stock MAF with the JLT?

I could have a very good use for my stock airbox/MAF in my 96 lincoln. I had that setup on my 01 2V Crown vic and with the tune it was a decent kick of power.

So if I got a JLT I would want to use another MAF, I have seen Mustang 80mm units floating about Anyone go this route? BTW one could get a decent price for the stock airbox/MAF on Crown Vic.net as it's no longer available new.

I have seen some go with the lightning 90 mm units.

CBT
04-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Do most of you guys run the stock MAF with the JLT?

I could have a very good use for my stock airbox/MAF in my 96 lincoln. I had that setup on my 01 2V Crown vic and with the tune it was a decent kick of power.

So if I got a JLT I would want to use another MAF, I have seen Mustang 80mm units floating about Anyone go this route? BTW one could get a decent price for the stock airbox/MAF on Crown Vic.net as it's no longer available new.

I have seen some go with the lightning 90 mm units.

Yeeeeeees.

BeanSS
05-12-2011, 11:50 AM
I got mine put on and I love the response so far! Gotta question though...how are you guys keeping your heat shield in place? I have to keep putting mine back in place wedged behind the headlight and under the core ?radiator support thing in the front?

SC Cheesehead
05-12-2011, 01:19 PM
I got mine put on and I love the response so far! Gotta question though...how are you guys keeping your heat shield in place? I have to keep putting mine back in place wedged behind the headlight and under the core ?radiator support thing in the front?

Heat shield? We don't need no stinkin' heat shield... ;)

BeanSS
05-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Heat shield? We don't need no stinkin' heat shield... ;)

haha noted! :D

CBT
05-16-2011, 03:27 PM
I didn't like the heat shield on the JLT. Took it off. Didn't like the heat shield on the K&N. Took it off. The K&N on is heavy, might make a good door prop.

SC Cheesehead
05-16-2011, 06:12 PM
I didn't like the heat shield on the JLT. Took it off. Didn't like the heat shield on the K&N. Took it off. The K&N on is heavy, might make a good door prop.

I like fastblackmerc's heat shield and I like the looks of the PHP, other than that, not too keen on heat shields.

BTW, if you go to PS intake, no heat shields available (at least as of right now).

musclemerc
05-17-2011, 04:45 AM
^^^ Ahemmmmm....

I know of a guy that makes an Eaton/Whipple CIA kit.

SC Cheesehead
05-17-2011, 05:45 AM
^^^ Ahemmmmm....

I know of a guy that makes an Eaton/Whipple CIA kit.

PM sent.
---------

BlkMamba24
07-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Question....anybody seen or have the CAI that Dennis makes. Is it that much better than the JLT or is it even better at all. Its also $400:bigcry: compared to the 160.00 for the JLT....

slickster
07-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Imo 400 for a cai should be the last thing you do and that's if your realy bord. You will get cooler intake air temps but even with a tune there's very small differance.

SC Cheesehead
07-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Question....anybody seen or have the CAI that Dennis makes. Is it that much better than the JLT or is it even better at all. Its also $400:bigcry: compared to the 160.00 for the JLT....

Doomie's got one, looks sweet!

Cabotwick
11-03-2016, 05:09 PM
Agreed!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk