PDA

View Full Version : Catch Can Group Buy!

musclemerc
03-24-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm considering a special on my catch cans.
I'm thinking my specials should run in groups of 10.
Regular price is 130.00 plus 4% fees

Special will be $115.00 plus 4% paypal fees

Please specify N/A, Trilogy, or Eaton Swap and please include your screenname with the payment

BUMP!!!!! :bounce:

We need 10 to get this done!
Here is the list:
Ctrlraven
Jimbok1951
03mmmonroe
bugsyc
Filby's Marauder
Mercnasty

musclemerc
03-24-2011, 11:21 AM
I know alot of you have read my "Catch Can Comparisons" thread, I shared my thought's on why my "Musclemerc Catch Can" is the best choice for various reason's.
Well hindsight is always 20/20... I read it this morning and kicked myself for not addressing a few other reasons my can is the BEST.

I mentioned the inside lid of the can is where the oil vapors rise, and collect. Eventually, oil dropplets will form and gravity takes the dropplets to the bottom of the can. My cap was engineered to take advantage of this principle. I want the dropplets to form on the inside lid of my can, most other can's forget this one step in design. You dont want the outlet of the can close the lid where all the oil dropplet's form, the vacum will just pull them into the intake *which kills the need for a catch can*

I use a high strength epoxy to create the "ceiling" in my catch can. The inlet to my can (the feed from the pcv valve) is designed to force "wet oil" to the base of the can as Quickly As Possible. Remeber in the comparison thread I said "Brass, SS, and copper act as a catalyst when used in a pcv system" these are the only components inside of my catch can. I also make the ceiling as flat as possible so the oil drops faster, if it were in the dome of the can (like most are) the oil dropplets will stick longer. They will form in the center and follow the shape of the dome till they hit the inside wall, then slide to the bottom

My brass fittings go all the way through the can and the ceiling has been "ported" to force the wet oil down.
I rough the edge of the lid so the 100% silicone has a good rough surface to bond.
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/musclemerc/0065.jpg

I also make the ceiling as flat as possible so the oil drops faster, if it were in the dome of the can the oil dropplets will stick longer. They will form in the center of the lid and follow the shape of the dome till they hit the inside wall, then slide to the bottom.

Now that the oil dropplets are falling what about the filter? My can has an enclosed filter element. The oil dropplets cant come in contact with the filter.
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/musclemerc/0075.jpg

The tube that delivers clean air to the upper intake is stainless steel and lives half way down the can.
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/musclemerc/0085.jpg

What were you taught to do if your in a room full of smoke?
GET LOW where the clean air is! I followed that concept in my design so the filter element pulls the air at the base of the can where the air is cleaner.

The drain plug on the base of my can is treated with a high temp oil resistant thread sealer
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/musclemerc/0045.jpg

It also has a rubber "O" ring so it will not leak
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/musclemerc/0055.jpg

I send them out presealed with 100% silicone on both the cap and lid
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/musclemerc/0026.jpg

They come custom made for N/A, Trilogy, and Eaton Swap and is
THE BEST catch can on the market for your Marauder
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/musclemerc/0095.jpg

ctrlraven
03-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Just need 9 more people for this. Hurry up and get yours so I can get mine. :lol:

musclemerc
03-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Birdman you already paid so I gotta make it up with you on the cash and add a replacement 3" fuel filter in the box with your other goodies.

Let me know it thats OK with you.

SID210SA
03-24-2011, 12:06 PM
So let me ask this: With the catch can, and I have heard so much about these...would it behoove me to get one now even though i have 100K on my car and there is prolly a lot of crud in the intake....would I need to clean all that out if I plan on getting one of these? and if I do need to clean it out....how do I go about doing this....

I love to add bling to my engine bay!! Do you have any stickers that I can add under the hood for your company....I like performance stickers cause they add some HP too....lol

musclemerc
03-24-2011, 12:21 PM
I advise everyone to run 2 cans of Seafoam through their MM on the same day, then install my can the following day. This way the intake is as clean as possible. I took mine off and did it, so thats always an option.

When I have time I will start a datalog with some well waited results.
The Marauder is the ONLY 32V modular motor that runs a heated pcv fitting at the upper intake. Well since my can stops the oil blowby the fitting is'nt needed. Which should result in a cooler IAT, which will enhance HP

ctrlraven
03-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Birdman you already paid so I gotta make it up with you on the cash and add a replacement 3" fuel filter in the box with your other goodies.

Let me know it thats OK with you.
No need to send the difference. How about maybe down the road when I buy another product just subtract the difference on like the Rear Head cooling kit or CAI/RAI when you come out with yours?

So let me ask this: With the catch can, and I have heard so much about these...would it behoove me to get one now even though i have 100K on my car and there is prolly a lot of crud in the intake....would I need to clean all that out if I plan on getting one of these? and if I do need to clean it out....how do I go about doing this....

I love to add bling to my engine bay!! Do you have any stickers that I can add under the hood for your company....I like performance stickers cause they add some HP too....lol
I added mine after 150k miles and my upper/lower intake had never been removed off of the car. If you saw my thread you know how nasty it was. As far as my thought on it, I would pull the upper/lower intakes and clean them real well and install your catch can at the same time. This way it will stay clean from here on out.

I can't believe how much the one I made has already caught since I installed it a few months ago. High mileage engines will have more oil blow-by and the catch can is a great resource to capture that blow-by and help keep things cleaner and ensure good performance. Oil vapors will lower fuel octane, how much? I have no clue but still isn't good.

massacre
03-24-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm with you on this, although I may have missed something: The analogy about fire/smoke, and getting down lower is completely unrelated to this.
In fact, you would want to put the dirty air down low, and take the clean air from up high.
Reason is, the heavier oil should stay down, while the lighter air should stay up.
Think about a drip leg, say....on a gas pipe, or even compressed shop air.

Actual smoke rises, because heat rises.

ctrlraven
03-24-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm with you on this, although I may have missed something: The analogy about fire/smoke, and getting down lower is completely unrelated to this.
In fact, you would want to put the dirty air down low, and take the clean air from up high.
Reason is, the heavier oil should stay down, while the lighter air should stay up.
Think about a drip leg, say....on a gas pipe, or even compressed shop air.

Actual smoke rises, because heat rises.
That's all a good point.

The way I have my catch can setup is opposite of Travis'. I have the intake side of the catch can attached with a brass pipe that extends down to the bottom of the can with a SS mesh pad wrapped around it and several holes drilled in the brass pipe on the lower half of it. The exit side has nothing connected to it on the inside.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/155850_1355346422252_178921202 9_676649_3959276_n.jpg

LeoVampire
03-26-2011, 11:16 AM
I am willing to get one from you but I can not do it till the end of next month musclemerc.

Already bought the paint and trany fluid I needed to work on this years mods this month which taped me out.

musclemerc
03-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Let me know when your ready Leo. Glad to see you post!

DOOM
03-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Im in!
But I need that "SPECIAL EDITION". :coolman:

MercNasty
03-26-2011, 03:07 PM
musclemerc u are a dam genius, i may have to get in on this but I have a few other things i need to take care of first.

Filby'sMarauder
03-26-2011, 06:33 PM
I have the Trilogy Twin Screw. I assume the PCV stuff is the same as the Eaton based Trilogy setup. I'll take one of these along with a fuel filter.

Mr. Man
03-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Im in!
But I need that "SPECIAL EDITION". :coolman:
He's going to need the PINK powdercoated version:D

justbob
03-26-2011, 09:01 PM
My only question is why isn't it engraved with "Musclemerc Motorsports"??

Mike
03-26-2011, 09:11 PM
He's going to need the PINK powdercoated version:D

Is there a PINK Chrome :confused:

Mr. Man
03-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Is there a PINK Chrome :confused:
Doomie and I razz each other a lot but I think he'd go for that:D

mike P71
03-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Is any of the installation hardware supplied with the can. What do I have to do to order one I'm definitely in

musclemerc
03-27-2011, 04:37 AM
musclemerc u are a dam genius, i may have to get in on this but I have a few other things i need to take care of first.

My only question is why isn't it engraved with "Musclemerc Motorsports"??

That's a good idea Bob. ;)

Is any of the installation hardware supplied with the can. What do I have to do to order one I'm definitely in

EVERYTHING is included. Hardware, hardlines, tywraps, template, everything .

Red Ryder
03-27-2011, 07:36 AM
I think it's time to get in on this. Trilogy S/C equipped, and also considering a fuel filter.

massacre
03-27-2011, 07:40 AM
That's all a good point.

The way I have my catch can setup is opposite of Travis'. I have the intake side of the catch can attached with a brass pipe that extends down to the bottom of the can with a SS mesh pad wrapped around it and several holes drilled in the brass pipe on the lower half of it. The exit side has nothing connected to it on the inside.

^^^ this makes way more sense to me. I was going to just use the JLT pre-filter that drains the oil back into the cam cover, but this seems like it will work better.

Travis, could you build one that is more like ctrlaven's, with the supply down low, and the return up high?

musclemerc
03-27-2011, 08:29 AM
I can make it with the filter on the pvc side and down low like you want but...

I already tried it this way during my beta testing. The interior of the can was messier. With the filter element down low, closer to the base of the can
1) the filter stays contaminated with oil
2) when the can pressurize's it will blow the oil at the base of the can everywhere.

massacre
03-27-2011, 09:18 AM
I can make it with the filter on the pvc side and down low like you want but...

I already tried it this way during my beta testing. The interior of the can was messier. With the filter element down low, closer to the base of the can
1) the filter stays contaminated with oil
2) when the can pressurize's it will blow the oil at the base of the can everywhere.

I'm not really that concerned about the mess inside the can, that's what the can is for, right?

If there is a drain plug, the oil should just drain out, correct?

MercNasty
03-28-2011, 05:31 PM
alright enough is enough, Im in musclemerc. When can we get these things in the mail? Im ready.

MercNasty
03-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Looks like we need 5 more people to get in on this before we get to 10

a_d_a_m
03-28-2011, 06:05 PM
My piece of s**t Magnum R/T is spewing coolant from an unknown source. Depending on what the culprit is (T-stat, water pump, rad. hose, radiator) and how much that repair costs, I am in. Unfortunately, I won't know until tomorrow or Wednesday.

musclemerc
03-29-2011, 03:56 AM
I have the Trilogy Twin Screw. I assume the PCV stuff is the same as the Eaton based Trilogy setup. I'll take one of these along with a fuel filter.

I think it's time to get in on this. Trilogy S/C equipped, and also considering a fuel filter.

alright enough is enough, Im in musclemerc. When can we get these things in the mail? Im ready.

My piece of s**t Magnum R/T is spewing coolant from an unknown source. Depending on what the culprit is (T-stat, water pump, rad. hose, radiator) and how much that repair costs, I am in. Unfortunately, I won't know until tomorrow or Wednesday.

travisspencer@bellsouth.net
$115.00 plus 4% paypal fees
please include your MM.Net screen name

bugsyc
03-29-2011, 07:08 AM
I'm in....I bought one of the cheap ones off EBAY a while back..I never installed it because it looked like crap....Yours looks and sounds like the right one...N/A MM..Paypal 4/1.....no money till the 1st...Retired or like the old folks in Florida say "I'm on a fixed income"....

03mmmonroe
03-29-2011, 07:24 AM
BUMP!!!!! :bounce:

We need 10 to get this done!
Here is the list:
Ctrlraven
Jimbok1951

You have a pm and paypal sent.

Russell Pryor
03mmmonroe
300a/ NA.

2DMAX
03-29-2011, 07:24 AM
I'm in. Trilogy Twin Screw and fuel filter, please.

MercNasty
03-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Musclemerc, I will PM money Thursday. About how long will it take before u are able to ship them out?

ctrlraven
03-29-2011, 03:13 PM
My current can is only a mess at the bottom where all the oil is. Having the stainless steel scrub pad shoved in and wrapped around the pvc inlet side nothing gets sucked up.I also have several holes drilled in the downtube as to keep the air moving and the heavier oil keeps on going to the bottom.
I will say I was quite surprised the first time I opened it and it was a milkshake at the bottom. My can catches moisture as well.

Hotrauder
03-30-2011, 01:20 PM
My musclemerc catch can arrived a few minutes ago. The workmanship is incredible, the kit is complete down to the wire ties and a template for mounting. The tubing is even pre-bent to fit perfectly and the ends are marked for both location and for how far to insert the ends. This is class-fit, function and bling at a price that is a fraction of the competition. This is a winner for members.:2thumbs: Thanks Dennis
PS...my fuel filter mod also arrived and the above fits here as well. :banana2:

MercNasty
03-30-2011, 07:08 PM
So these are already being shipped? I asked a ETA and didnt get a response.

My musclemerc catch can arrived a few minutes ago. The workmanship is incredible, the kit is complete down to the wire ties and a template for mounting. The tubing is even pre-bent to fit perfectly and the ends are marked for both location and for how far to insert the ends. This is class-fit, function and bling at a price that is a fraction of the competition. This is a winner for members.:2thumbs: Thanks Dennis
PS...my fuel filter mod also arrived and the above fits here as well. :banana2:

musclemerc
03-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Sorry, I've been kinda busy making parts, and doing an engine swap for a fellow member.

All the parts I make take about a 7~10 day turnaround after recieving payment.

MercNasty
03-31-2011, 04:43 PM
O ok i thought you were waiting for 10 members to commit before you started making them. I will paypal you my money tomorrow.

ctrlraven
03-31-2011, 08:59 PM
Let me know when you ship mine.

BeanSS
04-01-2011, 05:34 AM
I'd like to grab one of these, im in!

musclemerc
04-02-2011, 07:36 AM
I had an interest in a powder coated version of my catch can but unfortunately my powdercoater is unable to produce a quality job after 2 tries. So I looked into other options for color and found a local anadizer that was able to give me the finish I wanted.

Musclemerc Catch Can's now come with an anadized red or blue finish.
The anadized finish will cost an additional $20.00

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/musclemerc/0046.jpg

Black will come later, it seem's to be the hardest color to produce.

SC Cheesehead
04-02-2011, 07:41 AM
"Musclemerc Catch Can's now come with an anadized red or blue finish."

Ratfarts! Ordered mine too soon...

TAKEDOWN
04-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Those are nice, any future black catch cans?

ctrlraven
04-02-2011, 09:05 PM
I like the red one.

Mr. Man
04-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Can your guy do other anodized colors?

DOOM
04-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Chrome or polished aluminum FTW!!!

MercNasty
04-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Those things look sexy. Should i get chrome finish or wait for black. I think i will go with chrome finish for now.

MercNasty
04-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Add me to list musclemerc, payment finally sent. I cant wait to receive it. Let me know once it has been shipped.. Thanks in advance.

musclemerc
04-04-2011, 05:17 AM
I got you Mercnasty.