PDA

View Full Version : Moving to S A soon

blackhueys
03-28-2011, 01:43 PM
So I am moving to San Antonio soon and will be looking for a place to live and a job. What I would like to know is what are the good areas to live in in San Antonio? Second, anybody hiring? LOL

SID210SA
03-29-2011, 05:24 AM
Let me be the first to welcome you to SA and the Alamo Area Marauders!

When are you moving?

North side of town is the best area IMHO.....if you like some what small town living there are several in the San Antonio area....if you like more land than a traditional neighborhood then Medina county, Schertz, and Cibolo are where you want to be...if you are getting an apartment then you deffinately want to be in the north around I-10 to 1604 and 281 areas. There are also some new Condos in the downtown area. Let me know what you are looking for and I can point you in the right direction.

As far as school districts go if you have kids, you cant go wrong with NorthSide ISD.

What type of job are you looking for.....are you military or exmilitary?

Call me if you have any questions that I can help you with. 210-288-0004

Mike

blackhueys
04-07-2011, 04:00 PM
looking at around june july time frame to move. Have no kids but thanks. Looking at a nice 1 bedroom prefer ground floor I have a bad knee from ten years in the army. No crime or as little as possible. I am getting my CCW when I move there as well. I am ex army ten years and still have a secret clearance I am thinking of trying to find some thing with regards to the military for work I heard having a clearance helps with some contractors. Cant wait to get outa minnesota.

SID210SA
04-08-2011, 05:06 AM
Do you want an apartment with a garage....or possibley a house to rent.....depending on your budget.....your prolly looking at about 600-800 bucks for a nice area with a garage for your Marauder. Or a rented house can be found for about 1K in a nice area. I am paying a little more than that for a rented house....3 bedroom and 2 full size car garage that fits my Burb and the Marauder with plenty of room to walk around them. Nice established neighborhood with HOA, neighborhood pool, neighborhood park across the street and tennis courts. Also several city parks nearby. Let me know what your budget is....PM me if you like and I can start searching for you and send you pics of the property and maybe the inside of an apartment or two....or at the very least send you some links.

Mike

wickedmerc
04-08-2011, 05:33 AM
WOW!! People sure are friendly in Texas! :up:
Hey Mike, you work for the San Antonio welcome comittee or something?!? No? You should! ;)

Oh, and....WOW! $1k for a 3BR house with a big 2-car garage?!?!?

SID210SA
04-08-2011, 06:05 AM
WOW!! People sure are friendly in Texas! :up:
Hey Mike, you work for the San Antonio welcome comittee or something?!? No? You should! ;)

Oh, and....WOW! $1k for a 3BR house with a big 2-car garage?!?!?

Yes we are friendly down here....we are all family here so I do what I can to help!

Nope....not an official with the San Antonio welcoming comittee...but am with the Marauder Community!!:beer:

Thanks for the compliment!!:bows:

MrBluGruv
04-09-2011, 05:14 PM
I can second the Schertz-Cibolo area, I live there. :) It's VERY quiet as far as crime goes. It's suburbia though. The good thing is you are very close to just about anything you could need and between 20-30 minutes away (tops) from San Antonio proper. There are a handful of very nice apartment complexes in the area if that's what you are looking for. Houses are nice and relatively new, especially the closer you get to Cibolo.

I can't really suggest any job leads. :(

p.s. when you do get down here, once you have some Bill Miller's BBQ, you'll never want to leave. ;)

vasper69
04-12-2011, 03:24 PM
I might get some feedback on this one, but there are way better places then "Bill Millers" to get your BBQ Fix.

Oops. Sorry, I accidently edited yours....my bad...

He said: Im on the Northwest side and found a three bedroom house for under 1K a month rent. You can also get 1/2 off your CC license if you show your DD 214 when you get here.

stinger 7
04-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Same here, im retired Army. Help out any way I can and ditto on the" Bill Millers"

SID210SA
04-13-2011, 05:43 AM
I might get some feedback on this one, but there are way better places then "Bill Millers" to get your BBQ Fix.

Personally I think that Rudy's BBQ is the best....it is advertised as "The worst BBQ" . I hear that Vasper69's BBQ is pretty good, will be trying that this weekend, Stinger 7's ribs arent to shabby either, and my out door cooking aint bad. So prepare to put on some pounds when you come down here!!

Mike

SID210SA
04-15-2011, 05:40 AM
By the way.....lots of bases here that have private security and they hire only ex-military and full range of benifits. There is also USAA that pretty much has their own police force but they are security and pay well and then there is Valero....I know a couple of guys there....I can put in a good word for you.

Mike

SID210SA
05-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Still Job hunting and home locating....need any help we are here.

Mike

scruff
05-18-2011, 06:34 PM
looking at around june july time frame to move. Have no kids but thanks. Looking at a nice 1 bedroom prefer ground floor I have a bad knee from ten years in the army. No crime or as little as possible. I am getting my CCW when I move there as well. I am ex army ten years and still have a secret clearance I am thinking of trying to find some thing with regards to the military for work I heard having a clearance helps with some contractors. Cant wait to get outa minnesota.

Are you going to make it to STAP this yr before your move Hueys?

LilCop2002
05-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Anyone needing anything from someone in SA cannot go wrong with being friends with Sid210SA AKA Mike. That dude is one of the best people and most gracious hosts I have ever met in my life. He'd give you the shirt off of his back and the plate of food from Rudy's.

I'll stamp my name to him.

vasper69
05-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Just had Rudy's this weekend and must say "Way Better Then Bill Millers".

SID210SA
05-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Glad you liked it.....best stuff in my opinion.

SID210SA
07-13-2011, 09:34 AM
So I am moving to San Antonio soon and will be looking for a place to live and a job. What I would like to know is what are the good areas to live in in San Antonio? Second, anybody hiring? LOL

Are you here yet???

ludwigvan968
07-18-2011, 08:59 AM
We should take a drive up to the Salt Lick, right above Austin for some good BBQ, or Coopers in New Bruanfels, or any of the ones in Lockhart :)

EVILMM
07-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Mike is a great friend, I can always count on him, right now I am deployed and my MM is at Fort Hood, and he was going to drive there just to check on it because my wife was having some issues, Thanks Mike. Hope to see you soon when I get back. :banana:

SID210SA
07-20-2011, 05:00 AM
Mike is a great friend, I can always count on him, right now I am deployed and my MM is at Fort Hood, and he was going to drive there just to check on it because my wife was having some issues, Thanks Mike. Hope to see you soon when I get back. :banana:

Your welcome sir.....but your wife didnt want us to drive all the way there just to check on the car....I told her we wouldnt be there just for the car....we would be there for her. She said that some one told her the vibration was from a bent rim.....So I was thinking I would take two of mine off my car and switch them out on yours and see if that was the culprit. Unfortunately we can only go for the day cause Rosa has to work every morning....

Mike