PDA

View Full Version : Wanted To Buy Need Marauder close to Michigan

Trevor M
03-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Hey everyone, i am looking for my very first marauder and havent had any luck the last year. I live in Michigan and i am very interested in one with low miles and few mods. Thanks Trevor
:banana2:

SC Cheesehead
03-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Hey everyone, i am looking for my very first marauder and havent had any luck the last year. I live in Michigan and i am very interested in one with low miles and few mods. Thanks Trevor
:banana2:

Define "low" miles and "few" mods.

Also, what is your price range?

Spectragod
03-29-2011, 05:19 PM
He basically has 10k to spend. I don't think low miles will fall into that price range.

MOTOWN
03-29-2011, 05:32 PM
welcome bud!, im in southfield, theres quite a few on craigs list in that price range

Trevor M
03-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Im just not too sure on how many miles an average Marauder can get before running into problems...If anyone can help me out that would be great. I do understand that if the car was well taken care of it can go for a while but...

SC Cheesehead
03-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Im just not too sure on how many miles an average Marauder can get before running into problems...If anyone can help me out that would be great. I do understand that if the car was well taken care of it can go for a while but...

A properly maintained Marauder will easily go over 150,000 miles.

Some of the common issues (LCM, EATC, wacky wipers, door panel switches) often occur at 50,000 miles or less.

Best bet is to have a competent mechanic check out any car you're interested in to give you a mechanical appraisal before you make an offer to purchase.

slickster
03-30-2011, 08:41 PM
I think low miles is 50k. If that is what your looking for then you need no less then 14k. If it's 10k you wanna spend then you can find a 100k mile car all day long. If you find one with 85k miles for 8500 then your getting lucky. All this is based on a 03. And book value don't mean anything on these cars which is lower then what Ive stated

tdotcv
03-31-2011, 12:51 AM
If I can find one you can find one. I live in Toronto and I drove to Detroit last weekend and checked out a few there from dealers. I was originally going to buy one from a private seller off craigslist but the guy was a no show. At the dealer I took 25% off there asking price and made them a cash offer and most of them were ready to make the deal but I didnt bring enough money with me, I might go back this tomorrow or Friday. Never pay full price. I have a 98 Vic with 700,000km's original transmission. Your car will run forever as long as you do regular maintaince.

Trevor M
04-03-2011, 03:42 AM
Well based on all the comments im gonna keep working while going to school and hopefully save up enough to have one by July! Thanks Guys