PDA

View Full Version : Trilog installation update

lotusstv
12-29-2003, 11:21 AM
Let first say that this is the best 6 grand that I have ever spent. My brother and i completed the installation Sunday nite. We worked Saturday nite for about 5 hours & then Sunday about 10 hours. We filled the fluids & turned the key & it was perfect. No leaks, no problems. I can not get over what a different car i now have. It is completely civil until you nail it & then you are unleashing a beast. I simply can't say enough about the engineering / fit / looks of the kit, not to mention the ungodly performance.

Steve

SergntMac
12-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Congrats! The fun is just beginning!

jgc61sr2002
12-29-2003, 07:53 PM
Congrats and nice job on the install.:D :up:

MI2QWK4U
12-29-2003, 08:02 PM
Steve, congratulations on the new ride. Its a night and day difference. Untill you drive one of these Trilogy cars, you cant immagine the feeling. I had to wait months after driving Jerrys first Marauder, and it sucked! I smile each and every time that blower whines....enjoy it!

Marauderer
12-29-2003, 08:54 PM
Happy to hear that everything went well and awesome install time. Didn't you freak the first time you stomped on it and the tires went WHOOOOOOOSH.....Instantly!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Mathis
12-29-2003, 09:00 PM
Steve, it is a great kit. Jerry , Lidio and Jerry's guy's did a great job. Power is now there when want it. Now you can tell people hang on.
Also the fun has just started. Good luck and be safe.

Ross
12-31-2003, 12:28 PM
Now start saving up to replace your rear tires more often!:banana2: :up: :burnout:

lotusstv
12-31-2003, 03:35 PM
Wearing out rear tires is the only down side to the whole deal. But at least you have a lot of fun roasting em.....

BUCKWHEAT
12-31-2003, 04:32 PM
lotusstv, please give us some comments and hints on the installation. What parts were the hardest. What lessons learned. I'm trying to decide which S/C to go to with, and I would like to do the installation myself. Thanks. JB

lotusstv
01-01-2004, 08:38 AM
Buckwheat,

As i said earlier my brother & I did the insallation. I am what you would consider a home mechanic. My brother runs a tire store & is an experienced motor head. The only problem we ran into & it wasn't reallly a problem(just ate up time) was the alternator pulley. We ended up using an air chisel to get it off. I spoke with Jerry Barnes about this & he tells me that the special socket for the pulley is now in the kit. The only other job that was a pain was removing the knock sensor mounting points from the top of the block. This was a hassle because I had the wrong type grinding wheels. I ended up using a Dremel with a steel cutting bit(cut thru the alum easy) & then cleaning it up with a small high speed air grinder with 36 grit on it. Other than these two steps everything else went according to the plans. The instructions are extremely detailed with color photos / diagrams. The parts are clearly lableled with part numbers & indexed at the front of the manual.

The insallation was about what i expected. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Lotusstv

Marauderer
01-01-2004, 10:55 AM
:) I did the same thing. The cutting wheel made easy work of it, I can't see anyone actually using a grinder for that step, it would make one hell of a mess!