PDA

View Full Version : 2nd EASTERN MEET date poll

CRUZTAKER
12-29-2003, 03:23 PM
The 2nd annual Eastern Meet location was basically chosen at the first Eastern meet, Hershey, Pa.
Now it's time for a date. This has been a difficult decision, as some folks want to go in March, some in April, and others in May.

I have basically had to step up to the plate and scratch March. The weather in this part of N.E. Ohio is highly unreliable through March. It is not unusual to have a major snow storm in April. I would be totally heartbroken if the weekend we chose, got snowed in. Therefore May is the safest choice, and should provide safe traveling and far less mud at my place!

I know that there are many folks that want to do FFW in Norwalk in July. So do I!!! Let's schedule that separately.

I hope these choices are good, I realize they are all within the same month, but this was stricly due to odds of good weather.

The dates are all on a Friday through Sunday. Hershey was a Thursday through Sunday. I will need input from all those who plan on attending of their schedules. The itinerary is really loose right now as far as what days we will do what challenges!

I have some ideas, we just have to work out the days. There are hotels really close to me in safe areas. I will work out lodging when a date has been chosen. My ideas:

1) The Rock Hall of Fame, in conjunction with the Museum of Science and an Omnimax theatre. Group rate (10 or more) for the entire package is $19.00 p/p. Friday would be ideal, as the weekends are a little busy. We can visit the Flats entertainment district afterward for dinner if interested.

2) Dyno day with or without Jerry W. A saturday would be good for something like this. This is strictly my idea, and if there is lack of interest, no problem. This event requires alot of planning, and several phone calls. Our friend Dennis would be helping in conjuntion with Steve at Dynotec Motorsports, and most importantly, Jerry's schedule.
*I need to know right away on this event

3) A final party, BBQ, whatever, at my place. I have plenty of space, and I will provide food and drink for all. I would like to have some sort of raffle of sorts as well. This would be good for saturday if we choose not to dyno. That way we have all night. The pool will be heated, and the fire a blazin'. Sunday could work for this as well.

4) Any other suggestions?

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=510/627Rock_Hall-med.jpg

Paul T. Casey
12-29-2003, 03:40 PM
I like all the dates except the 15th thing, wife's birthday and I dunno if she wants to be Maraudering around then.

Murader03
12-29-2003, 11:24 PM
Yep! Weather could be a problem. Had a golf outing in the north east corner (Toledo area) last year over the Memorial Day Holiday, and the weather wasn't the best. Was able to get the 3 days of golf in, but it was cold and blustery. Hope the dates pan out!

MainEngDwarf
12-29-2003, 11:32 PM
Regretfully for me, because of my work schedual, only the 28, 29 and 30th of May work. Thanks

SergntMac
12-30-2003, 05:03 AM
Nice work Barry, setting this stuff up is a pain. Don't be shy about asking for help.

MAD-3R
12-30-2003, 05:18 AM
Hmmm,
May have to have the wife vote this one.

Haggis
12-30-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER

1) The Rock Hall of Fame, in conjunction with the Museum of Science and an Omnimax theatre. Group rate (10 or more) for the entire package is $19.00 p/p. Friday would be ideal, as the weekends are a little busy. We can visit the Flats entertainment district afterward for dinner if interested.

2) Dyno day with or without Jerry W. A saturday would be good for something like this. This is strictly my idea, and if there is lack of interest, no problem. This event requires alot of planning, and several phone calls. Our friend Dennis would be helping in conjuntion with Steve at Dynotech, and most importantly, Jerry's schedule.
*I need to know right away on this event

3) A final party, BBQ, whatever, at my place. I have plenty of space, and I will provide food and drink for all. I would like to have some sort of raffle of sorts as well. This would be good for saturday if we choose not to dyno. That way we have all night. The pool will be heated, and the fire a blazin'. Sunday could work for this as well.

4) Any other suggestions?

This schedule looks great to me Barry, good work. Set up the Dyno with Jerry I would definitly be interested. The BBQ on Sunday sounds fine will just have to take Monday off, Hello work (cough) I will not be (cough) able to come in today (cough, cough) not feeling to well (cough) . Hope everything works out with the scheduling, Ladyhawke and I will see you there. Give our regards to Jessica and Gage.

TripleG
12-30-2003, 06:31 AM
I liked September but May good too. I usally take a golfing trip to the Poconos but that has been cancelled for 2004. Memorial weekend is out for me.

O's Fan Rich
12-30-2003, 12:37 PM
If I'm going to go to Clevelan, I must insist that it be scheduled during the baseball season, as I do want to see a game at "The Jake"
Checking the Orioles schedule for 2004, they are scheduled to be there for April 30- May 2nd 2004.
That would be an extra incentive for me to drive the 8-10 hours.

CRUZTAKER
12-30-2003, 04:35 PM
what was that old SNL phrase?....'baseball, been very very goot to me :P

I may be able to privately park a couple cars downtown...grandpa's got connections.

Bigdogjim
12-30-2003, 04:49 PM
3 way tie so far?

I can do any of them:)

Have Marauder will travel:)

martyo
12-31-2003, 02:25 PM
I am planning on attending. I voted, but didn't post in this thread. My bad. You didn't seriously think that I would miss a chance to see my boy Gage and Jess did you??

If I have my car I will be in for the dyno tune. Otherwise I will just act like I know what I am doing like I did in ATL last month.....

Please don't make this thing on Memorial Day weekend. That is a religious holiday for me. I must be on my boat that weekend -- it is the official start of the boating season and won't come soon enough!!

Murader03
01-01-2004, 03:05 AM
If this goes the last weekend of May, I may no be able to make it. Voted for the weekend prior, but! I would be interested in the dyno as I think some refinement is do over Dennis's chip. Hopefully the dates will work out to the good of all!

If in attendance, we won't be there until sometime Friday evening no matter the date. Will have to work my normal shift that Thursday night regardless!

Thanks for your efforts!

jgc61sr2002
01-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Barry - Thanks for organizing the meet. When will the dates of the meet be decided so we can arrange our schedules. Thanks:D

CRUZTAKER
01-02-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by martyo
Please don't make this thing on Memorial Day weekend. That is a religious holiday for me. I must be on my boat that weekend -- it is the official start of the boating season and won't come soon enough!!

Jessica told me to tell you that you should put her in the water and sail through the great lakes, and dock in Cleveland Harbor in the flats :P

You know, Gage asks about you regularly, and it would be a shame to miss you. Others have had expressed issues with that weekend as well.

I didn't put a limit on the polloing dates, but I also haven't heard from several individuals that expressed interest at Hershey. How about I let it run till January 14th? If the majority of really interested folks can't do memorial day weekend, we bump it to the week before. Two of the memorial day votes are ours, and the wife and I will change our votes no problemo'.

TripleTransAm
01-02-2004, 05:14 PM
I'd love to throw my $0.02 in here, but my work, family, home etc. situation is just so up in the air. I could be away on business, there could be family issues to deal with in town due to the possible construction of our new home around that time period, etc.etc... especially with the possible St.Thomas meet coming up.

Best I can commit to is to play it by ear and then if the stars and planets align without colliding, then I can make it happen (much like Hershey... decided pretty much at 10 pm the night before my departure when my trip to Spokane was cancelled).

Happy Birthday, BTW...

TripleTransAm
01-02-2004, 05:32 PM
FWIW, I'll add that the suggestions thus far sound like a winning plan.

The Rock and Roll hall of fame sounds like something a wanna-be musician like myself would get into... maybe I should track down a web site with photos and summary of what goes on in there (is there an exhibit involving decadent rock and roll parties? Papa seeks to revisit his teen years now that he's into his 30s...)

Being a car club, it would make sense to have some auto-related activities. Dyno sounds like a good idea, ESPECIALLY with some tuning thrown in. Any other ideas thrown about at Hershey sound good, too, like an Auto-X, or something to develop the other sides of the MM mystique (ie. the handling prowess, etc.)

And of course the BBQ idea is a winner... the only disappointment for me with my Hershey participation was the fact I didn't get to enjoy much of the evening yapping sessions at the hotel, what with being in another hotel and having been present during an abbreviated portion of the overall event weekend. So a big BBQ and corresponding yapping sessions fit well with my expectations in a club gathering.

Mongoose
01-02-2004, 07:17 PM
If I'm going to go to Cleveland, I must insist that it be scheduled during the baseball season, as I do want to see a game at "The Jake"

DITTO!!!

Indians also play at home 5/14-5/16 against Tampa Bay, 5/28-5/30 against Oakland.

Last year at White Sox game, they had a Hummer Day (no wise cracks here!). About 72 Hummers by my count showed up and had a special reserved parking area and probably a reserved seating section plus a little PR on the Jumbotron. Sarge might know a little more about this.

Another consideration is the Oakland series is during Memorial Day weekend.

Just my $.02

MM03MOK
01-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Mongoose
Last year at White Sox game, they had a Hummer Day (no wise cracks here!). About 72 Hummers by my count showed up and had a special reserved parking area and probably a reserved seating section plus a little PR on the Jumbotron. Sarge might know a little more about this.
That's a great idea. Marauder Day! We'd have a lot more pull as a sanctioned "lodge" through IMOA, with Ford support. Just a thought and maybe it's not too soon to pursue this. No home game May 21-23,

The only date that's not good for me is April 30-May 2. I'll be in England. I'm going to wait a bit before I vote.

Here's a few suggestions:

Steamship William G. Mather Museum (http://wgmather.nhlink.net/)

Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum (http://www.wrhs.org/crawford/default.asp)

We had a great time at the AACA (Antique Automobile Club of America) Museum in Hershey. It's a great tie-in.

junehhan
01-04-2004, 12:19 PM
None of those dates will really work for me unfortunately, but once a date is decided upon, i'll probably be able to try to pull something since I absolutely have to be at a Marauder event! I think having some sort of automotive related activity is a must as mentioned earlier since we are automotive enthusiasts. I actually think a dyno and tune session would be great, especially if we can also have a small tech session at the same time.

MM03MOK
01-05-2004, 07:48 AM
Here's a suggestion. General admission is $20 per person. Become a member, get a tax deduction, discount at gift shop, t-shirt and 4 people get in free.

$50 - Rocker
$30 is tax-deductible
Unlimited free admission for you and a guest for one year
Members-only t-shirt and decal
Personalized membership card*
Subscription to the Museum's rock magazine, Liner Notes
10% discount on Museum Store purchases (excludes online purchases)
Two (2) one-time-use guest passes*
Members-only email updates
Toll-free members information line
*Member card and guest passes are sent under separate cover within 4-6 weeks after payment receipt.

Become a Member (http://www.rockhall.com/community/member.asp?id=645)

There's a group rate of $14.75 - minimum of 20, and must be scheduled and paid for ahead of time.

CRUZTAKER
01-09-2004, 05:10 PM
The poll ends January 14th, get you your votes in cause time is running out...appears memorial weekend is ahead.

I need to know how many of you folks that voted for memorial weekend would be satisfied with the week prior if it meant a bigger turnout. Otherwise, it's a done deal as it stands on wednesday next week.

Ladyhawke
01-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
I need to know how many of you folks that voted for memorial weekend would be satisfied with the week prior if it meant a bigger turnout. Otherwise, it's a done deal as it stands on wednesday next week. [/B]

Hi Barry!! Gordon and I would prefer the weekend of May 21-23, the weekend before Memorial Day. This is greatly due to the fact that the roads will be VERY busy during the holiday and possible also our sight-seeing interests. Thanks for getting this together and we look forward to seeing Jessica, Gage and you again.
Chris

martyo
01-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Ladyhawke
Hi Barry!! Gordon and I would prefer the weekend of May 21-23, the weekend before Memorial Day. \

I agree!! Please, please, please, do not make this on Memorial Day weekend! Please!!!

MM03MOK
01-09-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Ladyhawke
This is greatly due to the fact that the roads will be VERY busy during the holiday and possible also our sight-seeing interests. I agree.

Originally posted by martyo
I agree!! Please, please, please, do not make this on Memorial Day weekend! Please!!!
OK, OK, I voted for May 21-23

Haggis
01-12-2004, 11:09 AM
What's the word Barry, have you made a final decision yet? I am not trying to rush you just want to know so I can start planing my vacation in advance.

MM03MOK
01-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Barry - do another poll with the two most popular dates and we'll vote again. Not looking to prolong the decision, but......let it run for 5 or so days. Or, those that voted for other than the top two dates, chime in here and pick another date, since you can't vote again.

CRUZTAKER
01-12-2004, 12:09 PM
This poll closes on Jan. 14th, wednesday. I will start a new poll tuesday night the 13th with just those two dates, the last two weeks in May. I will link this thread to the new one, and ask Rick to close this thread as well.

Thanks for asking, Jessica and I are psyched to get a final date as well.

CRUZTAKER
01-13-2004, 08:37 PM
VOTE HERE PLEASE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7353)