PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Musclemerc.......

MMBLUE
04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
This is a continuation of my motor journey thread here: http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69865 . I thought it would be appropriate to finish the motor journey thread here in Musclemerc's forum. Now for the particulars, the motor that I purchased was from here: http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68363 . I wasn't the the person who originally purchased it from Triple Threat. I got it from another member. He purchased it from him and was to put it a CV but decided to change plans. I got it from him. The other member (Marcus not sure of srceen name) got me in touch with Triple Threat (Joe) and I spoke to him at lenght about the history of the motor. Included with my purchase was 03 motor, 03 PCM, XCAL3, and BBK LT headers. My oringinal plan was to pick up motor in south Indiana stick it in my trunk and drive up to northen Indiana Zacks, and have him install it. Well, being in the Army changed my plans.

Musclemerc PM'ed me and offered up his services to swap out the motor for me dispite him just starting up his Musclemerc Products line. Somehow, he managed to get some parts made and out the door while doing the swap.

Now for the swap. At first my intension was to just put the motor in and be done with it. Travis talked me into sticking on the BBK's. I figured it would be a tall order to fill. Considering the BBK's were on Triple Threats DD and lived in upstate NY. Travis spent a good couple of hours just preparing them for install, spot welding grinding and adding the EGR adapter from header that was blocked off. After watching data logging with Travis previously trying to diagnose what was wrong with my previous engine, it was then I realized how important EGR and it's function are to an efficient running engine. Many bows :bows::bows:to you Travis for taking on the BBK's (even though he's a shorty lover hehe). As most of you know, 03 04 engines are pretty much the same except knock sensors. So that meant the upper and lower intake had to come off. Being that it was a NY engine and it didn't have the Musclemerc oil catch can system, the upper and lower intake were full and I mean full of oil. Hopefully travis will get a pic of that thing and post it. WOW. All I can say about oil in the upper and lower is, OIL will not burn in the combustion chamber. If I wasn't convinced about a oil catch can by then, I am now. During the intake swap, a bolt was broken off prior to receiving the motor. Travis had to use 6 drill bits and 2 extractors plus 4.5 hours extra work to get the SOB out. All in all, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face all day yesterday and today. I would like to publicly throw out a HUGE THANK YOU to Travis and his wife for putting up with him for the week while my motor was getting swapped out in his yard. And during that week, I got to spend a week of leave at home with my family. During the week, I knew that my car was in good hands and I am forever grateful for the job he has done for me. Truly, a family here on MM.net

LANDY
04-04-2011, 05:10 PM
good deal man, im glad it worked out for you.
are you going to be at the SSM picnic this year?

musclemerc
04-04-2011, 05:25 PM
David, you are VERY WELCOME. :beer:

musclemerc
04-04-2011, 05:26 PM
You gotta change your sig David.

CBT
04-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Sounds killer! Pics! Pics! :beer:

MMBLUE
04-04-2011, 06:12 PM
David, you are VERY WELCOME. :beer:

Again, :bows::bows:.

MMBLUE
04-04-2011, 06:13 PM
You gotta change your sig David.

Done!!!!!!!!!!

musclemerc
04-04-2011, 06:18 PM
^^^Now were talking.
It's pretty cool your the only MM running BBK LT's,
they fit pretty good and the starter has plenty of room for removal.

MOTOWN
04-04-2011, 06:43 PM
nice to know the bbk's fit, another option!

musclemerc
04-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Well.... Kinda!

You gotta be ready to mod a few things to make them fit.

LANDY
04-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Travis did you install them with the engine on the car?
can you tell us what you had to mod to make them fit?
thanks

musclemerc
04-04-2011, 07:17 PM
I put the LT's on after I dropped the engine. The frame was on jack stand's

Honestly it was exactly the same as a shorty install. Shim the DS motor mount, grind the steering shaft, one of my EGR adaptor's, DONE

LANDY
04-04-2011, 07:22 PM
I put the LT's on after I dropped the engine. The frame was on jack stand's

Honestly it was exactly the same as a shorty install. Shim the DS motor mount, grind the steering shaft, one of my EGR adaptor's, DONE
sweet, were they mach 1 lt's?

musclemerc
04-04-2011, 07:38 PM
99~04 Cobra LT's 2-1/2" collectors. We basicaly made a MAUCAT system, my exhaust guy made up a set of uncatted mid pipes with F&R O2's and we connected to the stock H pipe.

MMBLUE
04-05-2011, 03:26 AM
99~04 Cobra LT's 2-1/2" collectors. We basicaly made a MAUCAT system, my exhaust guy made up a set of uncatted mid pipes with F&R O2's and we connected to the stock H pipe.

^^^^ What he said. And it sounds Bad A$$. Especially with the Thrush mufflers. Free flowing.

massacre
04-05-2011, 04:22 AM
Score another one for Travis!