PDA

View Full Version : Please welcome Alternative Automotive!!!

Logan
12-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Please join me in welcoming Alternative Automotive to Mercurymarauder.net as a sponsoring vendor! Many of you know Lidio and his association with Triology for their Kit installs.

But did you also know that he's been doing his own thing as well? That's right, Lidio's a well known force in the performance industry with his own shop, Alternative Auto Performance.

Alternative Auto Performance is a full service speed shop specializing in Mustang 5.0 's, 4.6L Modular Mustangs, the Mercury Marauder and other Ford vehicles. They offer complete performance services, from rear end gear changes to full competition engines and pride ourselves on clean, professional installations.

They’ve been serving the Mustang performance community since 1990, testament to their quality and ability. A Vortech Supercharger dealer since 1991, you will not find a shop with more experience and knowledge tuning boost assisted vehicles.

Lidio’s tuning experience has earned him the respect and reputation as someone who insists on stock-like driveability and reliability in addition to impressive power.

Alternative Auto has always been known as one of the most experienced tuning facilities in the country. In the summer of 2003 Lidio added a DynoJet Chassis dynamometer to his arsenal of diagnostic tools. Ford training, years of experience and the pursuit to offer stock-like driveability combine to offer expert tuning that is unequaled in the industry.

When Trilogy Motorsports needed a partner to help them develop a high-quality, OEM-like supercharger kit for the Mercury Marauder, they turned to Alternative Auto Performance. Trilogy knew they needed someone with extensive experience, knowledge and the talent to deliver stock-like drivability that kept reliability in-mind as much as performance.

There is good reason they chose Lidio Iacobelli and Alternative Auto Performance and good reason they continue to recommend them for all installations. They continue to develop additional parts and proven combinations for the Marauder such as gear changes, custom chips, exhaust and more.

So again, please join me in welcoming them to the site and I thank you in advance for making their investment in mercurymarauder.net worth their while!

You can reach Lidio and his crew at 586-463-0010 or at http://www.alternativeauto.com

jgc61sr2002
12-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Lidio and The Alternative Automotive crew welcome aboard. Thanks for your sponsorship.:D :up:

MI2QWK4U
12-29-2003, 06:50 PM
A lot of folks on this site will be glad they called Lidio. Welcome aboard as a sponsor.

Bob Mathis
12-29-2003, 09:06 PM
Welcome Lidio

Marauderer
12-29-2003, 09:10 PM
Welcome aboard, Lidio is truly a class act and a gentleman, better yet, he loved our car so much, he went out and bought one! You gotta love it when an accomplished tuner and racer owns one himself!

bigslim
12-29-2003, 09:32 PM
Welcome Lidio. I have seen your work and it is first rate.

Bigdogjim
12-29-2003, 09:51 PM
Welome to the "club":)

gonzo50
12-29-2003, 09:52 PM
Wow ! Just looked over the entire site and Lidio definitely has alot to offer us Marauder owners.
Keep up the good tuning and installation package. :up:

DetGeno
12-30-2003, 12:10 AM
All I can say is "It's About Time Lid!!!" All the best wishes!!!

jfclancy
12-30-2003, 07:13 AM
Welcome Aboard!!!!!!!!!
Your Bio sounds just like what I am looking for, more Power but no loss of reliability.

Joe Clancy

Jerry Barnes
12-30-2003, 03:28 PM
It's great to see my partner on board!!! Everyone on the web site will benefit from Lid's suggestions, comments and all of his experience.

Congratulations!!!

Lidio
12-30-2003, 11:28 PM
Thanks for all the welcoming’s every one.

In my vendor section of the forums I plan to start some threads that will go into detail about some of the power train services and experiences I have for the MM and other Ford's. I will also start to talk about and advertise our version of a performance chip for the Marauders that do not have a power adder or are left N.A.. Along with other bolt-ons as well.

I'd like to also say up front that I'm very active in forums like this more during the winter months because things tend to get a little slower for my shop and I can spend more time in front of the Computer.

I will mention and apologize in advance that some times I'm not as fast to respond to posts as some would like to see. This will become much more apparent when the spring and summer season start to kick in for my shop. Especially with some of the out of town races and things I participate in.

Thanks very much, and I look forward to continuing to serve the Marauder crowd!!

Mongoose
12-31-2003, 02:34 AM
Glad to to see ya here Lidio. Can hardly wait for my wheels.:up:

Marauderjack
12-31-2003, 04:38 AM
Welcome.....Lidio!!!!!:)

Now....Where's the "Tuner" for the '04 cars????:confused:

Good Luck,
Marauderjack:cool:

`willie
12-31-2003, 04:55 PM
hi lideo i know you know your stuff i seen that trilogy s/c mm run at milan dragway last summer kick azz

MikesMerc
01-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Great to see you aboard Lid!

I can attest to Lidio's excellent work first hand. He has done major building and tuning on two 5.0 Mustangs that have graced my garage.....a fully modded and blown Green '91 Coupe, and a fully built NA '86 GT. Both were excellent peices of work on Lidio's part and ran at the top of thier game. In fact, if I recall, Alternative Auto has been doing all my professional building/tuning since 1991.

I'll be takin' my Merc to him soon for the Trilogy kit:)

James Caswell
01-05-2004, 09:13 PM
OK, might as well just jump in here for the first time. New owner as of one month ago, blue and beautiful 2003. So I say to myself (after spending some time seeing how much some of you already have accomplished) where do I start with this car? What is the best bang for your buck initial modification for someone who will put 30,000 miles a year on this car?

Jim

jgc61sr2002
01-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Jim - Welcome to the MM site. Enjoy your new ride.:D

Edited by Logan: Slight content moderation

Lidio
01-05-2004, 10:37 PM
4.10's in the axle and a chip to accommodate the gear change and improve performance and throttle response. In a couple of days I'm going to announce our chips for the '03 Marauder's... watch for it here. These big gears are nothing to fear with the Marauders big tires and over all weight!

Thanks

Jack McKenzie
01-06-2004, 06:52 AM
I'm considering having a chip installed, but I don't want change anything else at this time. From what I've read it improves overall performance; shifting, top speed & etc... without chaning anything else what kind of gains can I expect????

2003 MIB
01-06-2004, 06:59 AM
Good Morning Jack,
I'd check out the Timeslips section and for numbers but to me, one of the biggest changes with the chip was the overall behavior of the transmission shifting- night and day with DR chip.

Jack McKenzie
01-06-2004, 07:13 AM
Thanks! let me know what you find out????

Jack McKenzie
01-06-2004, 07:25 AM
Has anyone found out how a chip effects top speed????

2003 MIB
01-06-2004, 07:36 AM
I should have been more clear. There is a section of this website called Timeslips. You can see it at the top of the page.
The vehicle profile within the timeslips section tells you what's been modified on the car. Great place to do some research...

Marauderer
01-06-2004, 07:36 AM
It doesn't necessarily increase your theoretical top speed by any significant margin, but it does remove the factory speed limiter! BTW - any chip maker, will give you improved shifts and more power. There is no magic to the process other than giving you a little more timing, improving shifts, and leaning out your factory rich A/F a little. Shop around, but I would recommend going with the SCT package (superchipscustom.com) or lidio's chip, or Dennis Reinhart's (same as superchipscustom) for the best results.

Take care,

Warpath
01-06-2004, 09:33 AM
Lidio is a class act. You won't be disappointed. I can back up his OE drivability statements. My Cobra drives better with the blower than stock. Lidio - I still owe you that poster. Joe

Logan
01-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Keep this thread on track pls. If you have a question regarding a particular vendor, open a thread in the garage or direct it at them.

This thread is welcoming alternative auto to the site. :)

SergntMac
01-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Damnit! I missed the excitement once again...

Good. Good because I'm tired of all that nonsense.

John F. Russo
02-19-2004, 12:39 PM
I spoke to you a number of months ago on the phone.

I 'm from that shameless state of Massachusetts. It is so embarrassing as a life-long resident.

I haven't decided to upgrade my Kenny Brown conversion yet to a 5 liter engine. Also, I may take advantage of your rim widening service. I like to see others do these things first.

Thank you for your contributions to the world of the MM.

______________________________ __________________________
2003 Dark Blue Pearl 300B (Canadian) (reversed traction control,
mini spare, trunked 6 disc CD changer,clock-in-the-radio,
heated front seats, hood light)
-Born 12/10/02; converted new then used 2/28/03
-16,000 miles
-18.5 mpg at a steady speed of 80 mph
-Stock transmission (upgraded with Performance Automatic
clutches and band after stock tranny failed in 8,800 miles)
-Wheel locks (Ford)
-Badgeless front grille by “Zack”
-Zaino waxing; RainX
Kenny Brown: 6th “Signature Series” conversion (450 hp) Born
3/28/03 (first drove it)
-Vortech supercharger (5 to 9 psig boost)
-377 RWTQ
-4.10 gears
-Baer front brakes 14 in. two piston, vented rotors
-MMX Driveshaft
-Precision, triple disc, P/N469018-3 Precision, triple disc, P/N469018-3
-Ford Racing Stud and Girdle
-Pirelli P-Zero Asimmetrico (front 255/45ZR18 99Y;rear
255/50ZR18 102Y)
-Dead pedal
-FordChip
-3/4 of a coil from each front stock spring removed to produce
the “same” effect as an Eibach spring
-Ground clearance: 5 in.
______________________________ ___________________________
1961 Ford Galaxie, 2 dr. Club Victoria, 390CID, 375hp, 4 barrel (gone)

Please join me in welcoming Alternative Automotive to Mercurymarauder.net as a sponsoring vendor! Many of you know Lidio and his association with Triology for their Kit installs.

But did you also know that he's been doing his own thing as well? That's right, Lidio's a well known force in the performance industry with his own shop, Alternative Auto Performance.

Alternative Auto Performance is a full service speed shop specializing in Mustang 5.0 's, 4.6L Modular Mustangs, the Mercury Marauder and other Ford vehicles. They offer complete performance services, from rear end gear changes to full competition engines and pride ourselves on clean, professional installations.

They’ve been serving the Mustang performance community since 1990, testament to their quality and ability. A Vortech Supercharger dealer since 1991, you will not find a shop with more experience and knowledge tuning boost assisted vehicles.

Lidio’s tuning experience has earned him the respect and reputation as someone who insists on stock-like driveability and reliability in addition to impressive power.

Alternative Auto has always been known as one of the most experienced tuning facilities in the country. In the summer of 2003 Lidio added a DynoJet Chassis dynamometer to his arsenal of diagnostic tools. Ford training, years of experience and the pursuit to offer stock-like driveability combine to offer expert tuning that is unequaled in the industry.

When Trilogy Motorsports needed a partner to help them develop a high-quality, OEM-like supercharger kit for the Mercury Marauder, they turned to Alternative Auto Performance. Trilogy knew they needed someone with extensive experience, knowledge and the talent to deliver stock-like drivability that kept reliability in-mind as much as performance.

There is good reason they chose Lidio Iacobelli and Alternative Auto Performance and good reason they continue to recommend them for all installations. They continue to develop additional parts and proven combinations for the Marauder such as gear changes, custom chips, exhaust and more.

So again, please join me in welcoming them to the site and I thank you in advance for making their investment in mercurymarauder.net worth their while!

You can reach Lidio and his crew at 586-463-0010 or at http://www.alternativeauto.com