PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy #1

Marauderer
12-29-2003, 09:05 PM
Hey guys, I was talking to one of you not to long agao and you were telling me about a new best for the Trilogy #1 car! Can you post it here and give us an update!

Lidio
12-30-2003, 12:44 PM
I believe the best its gone in the 1/4 mile is 12.42@111mph with me driving when it had the 305 Nitto drag radials in the rear.

MI2QWK4U also drove a 12.42 out of it as well but to my surprise he did it with a stock rear tire with stock rear rims. The day he drove it was the coldest its ever seen i believe. He says it took some practice to get the 12.42 out of it with the stock rubber. He and I believe it had a 12.30 something or better in it, if it still had the Nitto's on the rear.

Later

Hemlock
12-30-2003, 01:20 PM
THATS REALLY FAST FOR A BIG CAR !! CHEERS !!

Hemlock
12-30-2003, 01:25 PM
ANY TOP SPEED RUNS WITH THE CAR ?? I LOVE THE BIG NUMBERS . I HAD THE TRILOGY CAR WITH JERRY RIDING , TO 120MPH TWICE BEFORE WE RAN OUT OF ROOM . FELT LIKE 150 WOULD BE NO PROBLEM .

Marauderer
12-30-2003, 01:25 PM
I could have sworn someone told me about an even better time. Must have been my mistake, no wonder you guys didn't post anything about it :) Anyway, that is an awesome number!

Jerry Barnes
12-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Hey Guys,

We have had some customers run there cars at 140 mph with no problem and a lot more to go. Right, Dave. Virgil Woodward from Alabama wants to be the fastest top speed recorded. He is waiting for some good weather and his State Trooper buddy with a radar detector to clock the runs.

I am seriously considering some Bonneville Salt Flat runs this summer.

Stay tuned!

MI2QWK4U
12-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Jerry....let me know when you head out to the flats! Ill be happy to set the Marauder land speed record for you! I had my best run in the Trilogy #1 at 12.421 at just about 111mph flat. Like Lidio said, it took a few runs to learn how to take off safely without spinning and having to lift. I never was able to have a full throttle or brake torqued launch with the street tires, had to feather it till the car was moving, then launch. Lost a lot of time im sure doing it that way, but that car has so much torque so early in the power band that the car was able to make up for it somewhat and post what I consider awesome times for stock street tires. I know that a Trilogy car has gone in excess of 150+ MPH, and it had more to give, not so much as a vibration or rattle, very smooth and steady. Its a great platform for high speeds.

bigslim
12-30-2003, 09:58 PM
Dave, you would drive to the North Pole just to have a chance to stretch those MM legs.

BilletFlow
12-31-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Jerry Barnes
I am seriously considering some Bonneville Salt Flat runs this summer.

Stay tuned!

I WANT TO DRIVE !!!!!!

Come on Jerry .... you know you want me to be the driver!!!

JET
01-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Quoted from MI2QWK4U "I know that a Trilogy car has gone in excess of 150+ MPH, and it had more to give."

Dave I would like to buy a life insurance policy on you. Maybe if I get some other members to join me we can get a group discount.

:bows: :bounce:

MI2QWK4U
01-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Guys....its true I had a few good runs in Trilogy #1 that day at Lapeer. That thing ran great, in spite of the stock tires. But I'll tell you this much, my #2 car feels just as good. The trans build up and adding the widened rims and nittos were what the car needed to make it feel strong. I dont think #1 has had the trans mod yet, but has the 4:10's. I feel that leaving my 3:55's in will help me load up and launch full throttle much better than #1. Even with the nittos it is nearly impossible to get a full throttle launch off the line. It will be an interesting race this spring, see which gears get the best results. Lidio did a great job with the trans mod and fine tuning the shift points, its such a night and day difference! No more sloppy shifting. A couple weeks ago, it was about 55 and sunny one sunday, I borrowed Jerry's G-Tech Pro, and made a few runs at seeing what my 0-60 mph time was. After finding a nice spot, the average time to get 4400 lbs of car to 60 MPH was 4.7 seconds! Hats off to Jerry and Lidio for building and tuning one of the single best mods for the Marauder. There are a few more tricks up the sleeve for my car before spring..... And Jet, I dont remember that 150+ mph post....you must have me confused with someone else!