PDA

View Full Version : Wanted To Buy Cars.com warning!

Trevor M
04-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Hey guys if you are looking for a Marauder like i am watch out on cars.com!! There is a 2003 Merc for $8-9000 with very low miles and is a total scam. I was gonna travel to ohio to check it out and the guys told me he moved and to see the car i had to send him a down payment. I had my uncle whos a cop check the email and its from Upper Canada.... I cried, so look out boys!

MOTOWN
04-11-2011, 09:19 AM
yeah that one sounds like a pipe dream! glad you didnt get burned

CBT
04-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Hey guys if you are looking for a Marauder like i am watch out on cars.com!! There is a 2003 Merc for $8-9000 with very low miles and is a total scam. I was gonna travel to ohio to check it out and the guys told me he moved and to see the car i had to send him a down payment. I had my uncle whos a cop check the email and its from Upper Canada.... I cried, so look out boys!

It must be a scam, those folks don't even have e-mail yet. Good catch. :beer:

SC Cheesehead
04-11-2011, 11:56 AM

Any time you see this, look out, definite scam.

ImpalaSlayer
04-11-2011, 12:05 PM
you should see the **** i get emailed to me on CL for the ranger i posted up. i just laugh

Trevor M
04-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Too bad it wasnt legit cause i would have had that baby! :( oh well hopefully i find one soon.