PDA

View Full Version : To Marauder Or Not To Marauder ???

MENINBLK
12-30-2003, 10:38 AM
Hello Everyone...

I am looking at gettin my hands on a 04 Marauder...like this week!

I've got a 98 Contour SE Sport and the insurance to keep it and the Marauder is killing me!!!
If I could just get the wife convinced, I could be in a Marauder this Friday!

Where do you guys hang out, besides Bennigans ???
Bennigans is like a 10 minute ride for me !

MAD-3R
12-30-2003, 10:49 AM
To Marauder or not to Marauder, that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the garage to suffer the whines and buzzing of outrageous ricers, or take arms against a sea of imports, and by opposing, end them.

Long Live #3
12-30-2003, 11:12 AM
Very nice MAD-3R! A regular Shakespear!

2003 MIB
12-30-2003, 11:19 AM
Who are you and what have you done with Phil??????

MAD-3R
12-30-2003, 11:27 AM
Just because I look like a knuckle dragging, butt scratching, 350lb gorilla, dosn't mean I don't have a brain. :)

Can't go around saying things like "Fire bad!! Torque Good!!" all the time now can I?

woaface
12-30-2003, 11:29 AM
Pick up a Marauder for me while you're at it: )

Tell your wife that a Marauder is more pratical than a Contour. You know, safer...holds more people, more stuff, is more comfortable for long trips, yack yack. Then have her a nice dinner, cooked by you, and tell her the SE is hers.

You'll love the website, It's the best and most informative on the net! Even for other vehicles. And we're funny too!!! ^above^

2003 MIB
12-30-2003, 11:33 AM
Can't go around saying things like "Fire bad!! Torque Good!!" all the time now can I?

Touche' :D

troopcar
12-30-2003, 11:38 AM
Meninblk-

Check this section later this week for a thread about picking a date for the Bennigan's Yonkers get-together in January. It'll be on a Saturday or Sunday at noon.

Good luck in your Marauder search.

troopcar

Big Joe P
12-30-2003, 11:57 AM
DO IT !!

woaface
12-30-2003, 12:30 PM
2003 MIB...If your car is The Black Pearl, then mine must be the boat Sparrow road on in the very beginning of the movie...the one that sunk...

That movie was great...DTS-ES and Definitive Tech subwoofers ROCK!

2003 MIB
12-30-2003, 01:11 PM
Great tip woaface- Thanks!
One of my Christmas presents was a new Sony center channel speaker that now keeps the subwoofer from making the dialouge so "muddy". I have rediscovered how much I like sound quality in the following DVDs:
Total Recall, Bad Boys II, Top Gun, Two Lane Blacktop and The Matrix movies- can't say I understand the Matrix movies but I like the effects.
:)

jgc61sr2002
12-30-2003, 04:37 PM
MENINBLK - Welcome aboard. Good luck on your search for the MM. Have your wife test drive it, that may do it.:D

Bigdogjim
12-30-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by troopcar
Meninblk-

Check this section later this week for a thread about picking a date for the Bennigan's Yonkers get-together in January. It'll be on a Saturday or Sunday at noon.

Good luck in your Marauder search.

troopcar

MENINBLK..........

We hang out in North America:)

Listen to troopcar and watch the threads for a meet in your area:)

Good luck:)

woaface
12-30-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by 2003 MIB
Great tip woaface- Thanks!
One of my Christmas presents was a new Sony center channel speaker that now keeps the subwoofer from making the dialouge so "muddy". I have rediscovered how much I like sound quality in the following DVDs:
Total Recall, Bad Boys II, Top Gun, Two Lane Blacktop and The Matrix movies- can't say I understand the Matrix movies but I like the effects.
:)

Surround sound is my other hobby, and as people here have heard me complain about before...it costs a crap load! But it's great too, since most of my friends don't care about cars or "old men Mercurys" either. It'll entertain 10 or 20 teenagers for quite a while. DVD is the best, I can't buy, rent, or even watch VHS anymore. (Yeah, I must be a suburbanite)

Good thing you got that center channel too, I know wathca mean by muddy without it...I didn't have one for about a year.

SergntMac
12-31-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by MAD-3R

Why not...Works for me. An effective public speaker fine tunes his message to the ear of his audience, right?

MENINBLK
01-02-2004, 11:42 PM
Well, I ponied up !!

Brand spanking new 04 Merc 300A Marauder is on its way !!
I'm getting the CD Changer and the Heated Seats packages.
Black to match my plates ('MENINBLK') with Charcoal interior.

I took advantage of the 5yr 0% financing (gotta love that) and the wife is going to pick it up for me on Monday !!!

I have to work in Las Vegas for the Consumer Electronics show, or else I'd be here in a heartbeat to see her drive up in it !

Now I can't wait to get back from Vegas ! :help:
It will be sitting in my driveway waiting for me ! :coolman:

Bob Mathis
01-03-2004, 01:22 AM
Pete,
All I can say is you will love it. You may not want the wife to drive it to much, she maybe like mine and want one. Guess what, she got one.
As some say let the mods begain!
Good luck and be safe.

jgc61sr2002
01-03-2004, 07:32 AM
Pete - Congrats on the purchase of your Marauder. :D Now the fun begins.:up:

hbarrett
07-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Hello Everyone...

I am looking at gettin my hands on a 04 Marauder...like this week!

I've got a 98 Contour SE Sport and the insurance to keep it and the Marauder is killing me!!!
If I could just get the wife convinced, I could be in a Marauder this Friday!

Where do you guys hang out, besides Bennigans ???
Bennigans is like a 10 minute ride for me !
Tell her you'll let her drive it whenever she wants to. Then find a reason to back out of it evertime she asks. I did that when I bought a vette. Eventually she'll get the message, and you just get a dirty look!