PDA

View Full Version : BC valve body question

stryker
04-11-2011, 04:58 PM
:wave: Greetings Darrin, recently I adopt a Panther ( Crownvictoria LX 2000) with 144865 milles runned it is working very good function and it has the performange package, I have in schedule to upgrade the transmission but I cannot do it completely due that the oil it's in a condition that cannot be replaced and do it can cause to shudder and slip, but for the future I want to re place the valve body for one of yours that you sale but I have a question ¿ your valve body's have the J-mod done ? I heard about the benefits of doing the J-mod and I preefer to buy one with the mod done, my future mods to the 4r70w transmission are the following.

1- get a larger capacity trans pan.
2-transmission oil cooler.
3-steel braided lines
4-change valve body with J-mod done.
5-Castrol MerconV oil.

I was thinking in change the Torque Converter but I don't know I accept suggestions.

ntd
04-11-2011, 06:17 PM
1- get a larger capacity trans pan. IMHO it's just more hot fluid to cool

2-transmission oil cooler. Yes 100% get the biggest cooler you can maybe two of them if it fits

3-steel braided lines cool looking but if you can bend lines buying a section of bulk line and bending it yourself is more than sufficient

4-change valve body with J-mod done. I'm sure Darrin can help with this

5-Castrol MerconV oil. I only use Ford MV but that is more or a matter of convince, Ford trans tech;)

I was thinking in change the Torque Converter but I don't know I accept suggestions. Yes a converter can make a lack luster TQ curve of the 4.6L feel amazing. No one converter fits all so what are your mods and what do you expect out of the car?

See above and CALL DARRIN!!! He always answers phone calls and will take the time to talk to you about the options

stryker
04-12-2011, 10:34 AM
:thanks: NTD Mang I will drop a call to Darrin right now, once again many :thanks: for your help. :up: