PDA

View Full Version : P.I.R Saturday 4/16/11?

FF1077
04-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Hello.

I'd like to see what the Trilogy Marauder can do when I am able to get it really moving.

Anyone interested in going to P.I.R Saturday night and making a few passes? $27.00. 5:30-10:00.

I think the Smilies say it all. LOL.

:burnout::drive::hotrice: :trophy1:

03sport007
04-17-2011, 07:40 PM
How'd you do?

FF1077
04-17-2011, 11:02 PM
I ended up not going.
I was looking on the P.I.R website for their rules and tech procedure. I found that I am going to need a helmet and a drive shaft safety loop before they will let me run. All cars that run 13.99 or under require those items and seeing how a N/A Marauder runs mid to high 14's I have no doubt my first run (if they even let me) would put me under that.
I figured better safe than sorry and keep the $27 in my wallet. LOL.
In the morning I will look into get the Metco DS Safety Loop from DR.

Anyone know of a place in Portland Metro that carries a selection of helmets?

Jeronimojc
04-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Post again when you get ready to go. Maybe I'll meet you there.

FF1077
04-23-2011, 08:12 PM
I certainly will do that.
The Safety Loop is on its way to me and hopefully I'll have some time to install it soon.

03sport007
04-23-2011, 10:20 PM
I'd like to go too. I'm afraid once I see how cool a boosted Marauder is in person it will ultimately cost me a lot of money:D

justbob
04-24-2011, 12:23 AM
If your track sticks to the NHRA rule book, then a fire jacket may be in order as well. Look beyond the 13.99 and IIRC you will see a paragraph stating any car with aftermarket S/C or turbo requires helmet, fire jacket, and DS safety loop. Not one out of three tracks around me require the loop or jacket.

Hotwheels
04-24-2011, 08:08 AM
i have a N/A 03 MM. If i knew when everyone went, i would go as well. I live in the Kent area and the track is close

FF1077
04-24-2011, 11:44 AM
All I can go by is the document the track gave me.

http://www.portlandraceway.com/docs/Basic%20Tech%202009.pdf

There isn't anything about Turbo or S/C cars listed.

But I would think the ET would be the more important factor.

My Turbo XR4Ti or my buddies Turbo PT Cruiser isn't even close to the ET of my Marauder. LOL.

What will probably end up happening is will get the helmet and the DS safety loop, go down to run and they wont ask about them or look for them.
People are just shocked by how quick our cars are and I like it that way. :burnout:

Taemian
04-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Just come up here to Mission Raceway. Just need a helmet!:)

That d/s isn't an NHRA rule, must be track specific.

FF1077
05-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Got my DS Safety Loop from Reinhart Automotive last week.
Painting it red this week so it will be obvious.
Probably install it late this month.

I voluntered to spend a weekend or two to help a friend with the headgasket and timing chain on his Nissan Sentra. Mistake. I had no idea how involved the job was. I have it all torn down, just waiting for the head to come back from the machine shop and parts to come in. It would have been easier to just pull the engine. The only thing left in the engine bay is the block, crank and pistons. EVERYTHING else has to come out. I have about four, 8 hour Sundays into this thing. He live in the middle of nowhere and it seems at least once each day we had to go into town for a tool or something. Had the wrong puller once and had to exchange it. Needed a Swivel 11mm Socket another. 2 1/2 inch 10MM Allen head bit yet another. The 11MM ended a day early while we drove around trying to find one (Sears was closed).

So I ordered one online and picked up during the week from Sears.

Anyway when the Nissan is done my buddy is helping me install this and do a few other things and then I will be ready.

Taemian
05-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Keep us updated!