PDA

View Full Version : LCM Repair

fastblackmerc
04-29-2011, 11:07 AM
FYI... two LCM's came back home from Hawaii (no leis or suntan tho :D) and are ready to go back on the road.

Yesterday I sent PM's to: WI Fordguy & stickyheat

No response from either one.

Kinski your next on the list if I don't hear from the others tonight.

Who else needs to swap out a repaired one for their DD?

DOOM
04-29-2011, 11:22 AM
I'll swap mine out for one of your "FIXED" ones. :D

babbage
04-29-2011, 11:40 AM
FBM did a great job on mine! Get yours upgraded before it fails..

fastblackmerc
04-29-2011, 11:55 AM
I'll swap mine out for one of your "FIXED" ones. :D

OK, but I need to give the following members a crack at them first:

WI Fordguy
stickyheat
Kinski
LSp8
crownvicsport
89VERT
cybercop
underthehood
lasar

Baconbit
04-29-2011, 01:40 PM
I would swap mine out of my DD for a fixed one. As little time off the road the better.

Mr. Man
04-29-2011, 01:46 PM
FYI... two LCM's came back home from Hawaii (no leis or suntan tho :D) and are ready to go back on the road.

Yesterday I sent PM's to: WI Fordguy & stickyheat

No response from either one.

Kinski your next on the list if I don't hear from the others tonight.

Who else needs to swap out a repaired one for their DD?
I'll need two but I can wait for MV9 in Hershey. You can have the old ones. They are working fine but like you say, eventually:)

SC Cheesehead
04-29-2011, 03:10 PM
I'll need two but I can wait for MV9 in Hershey. You can have the old ones. They are working fine but like you say, eventually:)

You've got two spare LCMs?

screamn
04-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Fastblackmerc saved the day for me. Much appreciated. :beer:
He'll hook you up & his fee is minimal.

Also, he rebuilds these LCMs to my perfective standards!

Driving at night in paradise is a breeze now.

The Silver Bullet is back in Screamn mode.

BTW, this forum is da best source of information!!!!

Aloha

fastblackmerc
04-29-2011, 03:46 PM
You've got two spare LCMs?

I think he means the ones in each MM.

fastblackmerc
04-29-2011, 05:17 PM
OK, heard from WI Fordguy. One going out to him.

MercNasty
04-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Anybody doubting fastblackmerc is just down right retardo. This guy is the original wizard of oz. His price is very low and reasonable if you ask me. Nothing like riding on the highway at night and your headlights cut off. From experience, i can say thats some scary *****o my friend. Fastblackmerc save the day for me.

Mr. Man
04-29-2011, 10:15 PM
I think he means the ones in each MM.
That would be correct. Forgot to ask you to change out the one in the SB in Charlotte last year. To busy drinkin and shootin the breeze with everyone.

Motorhead350
04-30-2011, 01:52 AM
He will have another soon.

fastblackmerc
05-01-2011, 05:00 AM
Still have one ready for exchange.

RF Overlord
05-01-2011, 07:20 AM
I'll need two but I can wait for MV9 in Hershey.Eric, if the timing works out and Jim still has one available, I can change it out for you in whichever car you bring to NH. I've done the repair on both of ours already.

fastblackmerc
05-01-2011, 07:25 AM

Don't know if I'll be able to make Hershey.

I include instructions to remove & replace the LCM. If you can get under the dash, you can change it out.

fastblackmerc
05-01-2011, 07:39 AM
OK, Kinski just replied so the other LCM is going to him.

Will post here when they return and are ready to go out again.

SC Cheesehead
05-01-2011, 08:25 AM

I include instructions to remove & replace the LCM. If you can get under the dash, you can change it out.

Better include instructions for him pulling the driver's seat, too. Ask me why I know... ;)

Marauderman
05-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Better include instructions for him pulling the driver's seat, too. Ask me why I know... ;)

This isn't a T-Bird question is it........:lol:

SC Cheesehead
05-01-2011, 02:17 PM
This isn't a T-Bird question is it........:lol:

Nope, it's a "fat guy trying to work under the dash of a Marauder" question... ;) ------> :D

Mr. Man
05-01-2011, 06:35 PM

I include instructions to remove & replace the LCM. If you can get under the dash, you can change it out. Mighty big if but so far they are both working and they are not DD's. :)

fastblackmerc
05-16-2011, 03:04 PM
All owners that use their MM's as daily drivers....

I have a repaired LCM ready to ship to you.

PM me for the details.

stryker
06-04-2011, 11:13 AM
:confused: You only work in repairs for the LCM in Marauders ?????

fastblackmerc
06-04-2011, 12:19 PM
:confused: You only work in repairs for the LCM in Marauders ?????

No, I can repair a CV or GM also.

capt512
06-06-2011, 08:50 PM
I haven't had this problem with mine yet, but don't really want to worry about it, however my MM is a night time DD...so not sure how a swap out would work?

fastblackmerc
06-07-2011, 02:57 AM
I haven't had this problem with mine yet, but don't really want to worry about it, however my MM is a night time DD...so not sure how a swap out would work?

Quite simple actually........

I have 2 "swap out" LCM's.

You send me $150.00 via PayPal. $100.00 is a "core" charge.

I send you a repaired LCM with removal / replacement instructions.

When I get your old LCM back I refund the "core" charge via PayPal.

capt512
06-07-2011, 05:01 AM
Does this fix also fix the fast flash issue, just curious, if not I can easily enough through in an electronic flasher. What is your paypal?

Thanks!

fastblackmerc
06-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Does this fix also fix the fast flash issue, just curious, if not I can easily enough through in an electronic flasher. What is your paypal?

Thanks!

My repair fixes the "no headlights" problem. Nothing to do with the flashers.

capt512
06-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Ok, sounds good, just let me know the paypal and I'll send the money today!

fastblackmerc
06-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Ok, sounds good, just let me know the paypal and I'll send the money today!

One LCM is in Hawaii, waiting for it to come back.

The other one is promised to someone else. I should have one or two available early next week.

MMarauder03
06-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Any LCM's ready to go?

fastblackmerc
06-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Any LCM's ready to go?

Yep, one sitting here ready to go.

MMarauder03
06-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Yep, one sitting here ready to go.

PM sent, paypal at the ready :D

MERCMAN
06-22-2011, 04:32 PM
save one for me at MV9 :up:

Marauderman
06-22-2011, 05:13 PM
save one for me at MV9 :up:

He may not be there..........:(

fastblackmerc
07-06-2011, 12:30 PM
I have a repaired LCM ready for shipping.

Left PM's for the people that contacted me.... have not heard from them.

This is the deal. You send me $150.00 via PayPal, I send you the LCM, when I get your LCM back I refund $100.00.

First PM gets it.

fastblackmerc
07-06-2011, 02:24 PM
LCM is going to guspech750.

Will update this thread when I have another LCM waiting to be shipped out.

MMarauder03
07-06-2011, 02:32 PM
LCM is going to guspech750.

Will update this thread when I have another LCM waiting to be shipped out.

Just shipped you one. Should be arriving in the next few days. Just wanted to make sure everything was working properly. Thanks again!

fastblackmerc
07-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Here's the deal...........

If you have more than 1 LCM. I'll repair one for free (shipping included), the repair is worth $50.00. The catch is, you have to send me your other LCM as payment. I can use a couple more LCM's to send to members that use their MM as a DD.

GordonB
07-18-2011, 11:01 AM
FBM,
Pls advise via PM and I can ship you a BAD one from wifey's car. I had it replaced under Fact Warranty. Dealer didn't want old part so I kept it to rehab. Would like to get a good spare for my DD DTR.
Thanks,
GordonB

fastblackmerc
07-18-2011, 11:35 AM
FBM,
Pls advise via PM and I can ship you a BAD one from wifey's car. I had it replaced under Fact Warranty. Dealer didn't want old part so I kept it to rehab. Would like to get a good spare for my DD DTR.
Thanks,
GordonB

PM sent....

fastblackmerc
07-20-2011, 06:47 AM
FYI...

I'll be away on a business trip for 2 weeks starting 7/24. If you need an EATC or LCM repair you MUST get it to me on Saturday 7/23 the latest.

fastblackmerc
08-23-2011, 07:27 AM
To all who are waiting for repaired LCMs to become available.........

I had 2 "spare" LCMs that I repaired and send out so you can swap it out and send the old one back to me. Well the last 2 members that got them haven't returned them so I have none to send out to the other members that use their MM as a daily driver. Of course those 2 members lost their $100.00 core charge but I can't replace an LCM for that amount.

As of now you'll have to send me your LCM and I'll repair it and get it to the Post Office the same day.

Without the LCM, your headlights, parking lights or turn signals will not work. I'd advise against driving your MM without the LCM installed.

If I do get "spare" LCMs in stock I'll have to increase the core charge to $200.00, so the cost to obtain an LCM to swap out will increase to $250.00.

Thanks,

fastblackmerc

SC Cheesehead
08-23-2011, 07:59 AM
To all who are waiting for repaired LCMs to become available.........

I had 2 "spare" LCMs that I repaired and send out so you can swap it out and send the old one back to me. Well the last 2 members that got them haven't returned them so I have none to send out to the other members that use their MM as a daily driver. Of course those 2 members lost their $100.00 core charge but I can't replace an LCM for that amount.

As of now you'll have to send me your LCM and I'll repair it and get it to the Post Office the same day.

Without the LCM, your headlights, parking lights or turn signals will not work. I'd advise against driving your MM without the LCM installed.

If I do get "spare" LCMs in stock I'll have to increase the core charge to $200.00, so the cost to obtain an LCM to swap out will increase to $250.00.

Thanks,

fastblackmerc

Man, that's just messed up! Here you're providing a great service for the membership, and doing it at an extremely reasonable price, and then a couple deadbeats go and screw it up. :mad2:

Agreed on increasing the charge, if you don't get the other units returned, you're gonna be hard pressed to find any cheap used LCMs, and there's no sense you taking the hit.

Care to name the guilty parties?

fastblackmerc
08-23-2011, 08:01 AM
Man, that's just messed up! Here you're providing a great service for the membership, and doing it at an extremely reasonable price, and then a couple deadbeats go and screw it up. :mad2:

Agreed on increasing the charge, if you don't get the other units returned, you're gonna be hard pressed to find any cheap used LCMs, and there's no sense you taking the hit.

Care to name the guilty parties?

I sent them PM's, let's see if they respond first.

It's not me taking the hit, it's the other members that need an LCM for their dd.

Ozark Marauder
08-23-2011, 08:09 AM
I just replaced mine with a new OEM I got at a good price. Since it is just sitting in my closet, I'd be willing to send you my old one, for you to use as a "spare" for the members. If I should need one in the future, we could work something out..........

fastblackmerc
08-23-2011, 08:16 AM
I just replaced mine with a new OEM I got at a good price. Since it is just sitting in my closet, I'd be willing to send you my old one, for you to use as a "spare" for the members. If I should need one in the future, we could work something out..........

Sent you a PM.

BTW... your "new" one will fail just like the old one did, it's just a matter of time. Ford never changed the original design specs for the internal relays.

Ozark Marauder
08-23-2011, 08:38 AM
Sent you a PM.

BTW... your "new" one will fail just like the old one did, it's just a matter of time. Ford never changed the original design specs for the internal relays.

PM sent...........