PDA

View Full Version : HELP Lidio - Question about my SCT Tuner?

Professor
05-03-2011, 02:37 PM
I have the Alternative Auto tune on my Marauder (along with 4.10 gears and JLT intake). I have recently purchased an 06 Mustang GT that I want to use the tuner on. How do I save the Marauder tunes and then get Mustang tunes for the GT? I assume I need some sort of cable to save the Marauder tunes onto my computer. Then I will need some software to get the Mustang tunes on there (or something).

Lidio? Anyone?

RacerX
05-03-2011, 02:41 PM
You need a second sct tuner. It could be done, but, I believe you would have to return the MM to stock to use it on another car and you only have times you can do that per tuner (5 or 3, can't remember!).

MM2004
05-03-2011, 03:12 PM
You need a second sct tuner. It could be done, but, I believe you would have to return the MM to stock to use it on another car and you only have times you can do that per tuner (5 or 3, can't remember!).

What ^^ He ^^ said!

I want to say 5 times to stock, then you ship it or take it to an Authorized SCT Dealer to have it reset.

The XCal 3 that I have requires a USB cable and their software downloaded/installed in order to save the tunes on a PC/laptop.

The tuners are always 'locked' to the VIN # of the vehicle it was used to add tunes to.

;)

Mike.

Professor
05-03-2011, 06:12 PM
That sucks. So I've got a device that is capable of tuning both my Marauder and my Stang but because of the proprietary software it has been programmed not to.

That would be like buying an iPod to play Aerosmith and then deciding you'd like to use it to play some Beatles too, but you have to buy a new iPod to play Beatles.

I understand the tune being proprietary (i.e., if the tuner has spent his time, experience and technology designing his optimum tune and wants to load it as an encrypted file such that the user can't know what the setting are ... I'm fine with that). However, it seems silly that you couldn't download that tune to a computer to clear space on the tuner to work on another vehicle. IMHO, I should be able to call Lidio for a tune on my Stang and have him e-mail it to me, while I put the Merc tune on my CPU until I need it.

Who locks the device? The tuner or SCT?

Mr. Man
05-03-2011, 06:30 PM
What ^^ He ^^ said!

I want to say 5 times to stock, then you ship it or take it to an Authorized SCT Dealer to have it reset.

The XCal 3 that I have requires a USB cable and their software downloaded/installed in order to save the tunes on a PC/laptop.

The tuners are always 'locked' to the VIN # of the vehicle it was used to add tunes to.

;)

Mike.
Are you saying that if I live in a state that requires me to go back to a stock tune to pass inspection. I can only do this for 5 years then I have to pay SCT more money for the tune I already own. That is a rip off:down:

beantown mm
05-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Reminds me of the Story of IBM's Jimmy Skippman, he was a Junior Exec. back in the late 80's when he was listening to the product lineup in a board meeting and uttered these famous words "Why can't we just make ONE printer cartridge for all of our printers?"

His body has never been found since that day....

SID210SA
05-03-2011, 08:22 PM

What ^^ He ^^ said!

;)

Mike.

I beg to differ,

I have had my tune out and back in at least a dozen times with no issues.

It is a Lidio tune on SCT2.

mrjones
05-06-2011, 06:26 AM
What I understood them to say was that you can install the tune, uninstall the tune, and then use the tuner on a different car. You can only do THAT 5 times without the tuner having to be reset.

SID210SA
05-06-2011, 06:30 AM
Ahh....then I recant my last post...

Rockettman
05-06-2011, 09:11 AM
If the XCal gets "unmarried" to a VIN, and "records" another 4 times...it locks. Back to SCT it goes.
Until then you're good. Problem is, that you have to return one of the two vehicles back to stock before going to the other. Maybe that's not really what you're looking to do here.
Just save a Marauder tune in one slot; a Mustang tune in another. Good to go. But remember, everytime you go from the Marauder to the Mustang and back, it's counting!

ntd
05-27-2011, 03:24 PM
So did Lidio ever respond to his forum on a website that he is a paying sponsor?

SC Cheesehead
05-27-2011, 07:46 PM
So did Lidio ever respond to his forum on a website that he is a paying sponsor?

How is that relevant?

J-MAN
05-28-2011, 04:58 AM

Lidio's shop is loaded do to the late spring. I'm on a five week wait to get my Marauder in. Besides, he doesn't sit at a computer trolling for customers. Need his help? Call or drive over.

ntd
05-28-2011, 06:20 AM
:rolleyes: I wouldn't call it trolling for customers I call it assisting the the people that have bought your product(which I believe to be relevant). Calling him, yea I tried that before with no luck guess I could have drove out there and ambushed him:lol:

Spectragod
05-28-2011, 06:21 AM
Lidio's shop is loaded do to the late spring. I'm on a five week wait to get my Marauder in. Besides, he doesn't sit at a computer trolling for customers. Need his help? Call or drive over.

If you stop by, can you say hi to my Marauder for me, been missing it.:bigcry:

J-MAN
05-28-2011, 11:05 AM
If you stop by, can you say hi to my Marauder for me, been missing it.:bigcry:

If it's still there when mine goes in do you want me to pick up some black spray cans for a quick color change? :D

Do you need any ground transportation when you pick yours up?

J-MAN
05-28-2011, 11:16 AM
:rolleyes: I wouldn't call it trolling for customers I call it assisting the the people that have bought your product(which I believe to be relevant). Calling him, yea I tried that before with no luck guess I could have drove out there and ambushed him:lol:

Poor choice of words on my part, sorry.

Hold off on the ambush for about six weeks please.

Spectragod
05-28-2011, 01:23 PM
If it's still there when mine goes in do you want me to pick up some black spray cans for a quick color change? :D

Do you need any ground transportation when you pick yours up?

Your killing me....... color change :lol:.

Only ground transportation I'll be using is the same company that hauled it up, to bring it back.

Thanks for the offer though.....

ntd
05-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Poor choice of words on my part, sorry.

Hold off on the ambush for about six weeks please.

No problem it's all good:beer: and no need to worry about me ambushing him and delaying your project. Good for Lidio that he's busy just wish he wasn't so hard to reach. Oh well I have a tuner that answers or returns calls in fact he gave me his personal cell phone #:cool4:.