PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: new coolant overflow tank...

TooManyFords
05-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Nice color on the blue catch can! ProRauder approves!

Ya know what I would really like though? A billet radiator overflow can like the blue catch can you have. It would need a site tube to know where the coolant is in it and be able to use the factory overflow cap. Something about the same circumfrence of the catch can, but taller so it can still hold a half gallon of coolant.

So, how much?

musclemerc
05-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Let me source some parts and get back with you on this one.

I can see it in my head, I gotta source the parts to get a price.

TooManyFords
05-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Yes, something that can mount to the side of the radiator or close to it. I am thinking of removing the fender liners so I won't have anything to set one on.

musclemerc
05-13-2011, 11:06 AM
I have a piece of thick walled 3" I.D. tube thats about 2ft long left over from my CAI parts. I can get a cap and base machined (I hope) and put all the fittings on it.

TooManyFords
05-13-2011, 11:11 AM
That would be:
169 (cubic inches) = 0.731601732 US gallons

Would there be a site tube on it?

Gotta know where the level is!

TooManyFords
05-13-2011, 11:12 AM
everything would have to withstand 15 psi?

(is that what our bottle cap is rated at?)

musclemerc
05-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Yeah, the fittings for the sight tube on my catch can are threaded then they accept a piece of clear tube for the sight line. I can make the sight run the length of the tube on the blind side.
15psi wont be a problem for a fully sealed aluminum cylinder. It may take me a minute but I can make it for you. I just got done completing orders from my first 2 weeks as a vendor here, I'm backlogged right now

BTW: Thanks to everyone that has paitently waited for their parts without complaining, they will be well worth the wait.

TooManyFords
05-13-2011, 12:18 PM
No hurry, I have a lot of work to do before my car will run again. I just noticed the catch can and thought that would be a cool project. Let me know when you get an estimate for such a device.

Thanks