PDA

View Full Version : LED Interior Light Kit Available

fastblackmerc
05-24-2011, 06:13 AM
I have some kits available to add green LEDs to the front and rear inside door handles, the front cupholder and inside the center console.

This is a "Do-It-Yourself kit with detailed instructions. A few common hand tools are required.

The price is $45.00, shipping included.

The kit consists of 3mm green or white LEDs for the inside door handles and cupholder, a 10mm green or white LED for inside the center console, all wiring, connectors and LED holders.

If you buy the kit and can make it to my house, I'll install it free!

******* Just in! *******

Blue LEDs. Great for you Blues Brothers!

Red LED's

White LEDs

Same price for the kit.

Speed
05-24-2011, 06:42 AM
Payment information, please

fastblackmerc
05-24-2011, 06:46 AM
I accept PayPal, check or money order.

Of course if paying by check or money order the kit won't ship until the check clears.

PayPal id: jmarton@us.ibm.com - please include a shipping address and your MM.net screen name.

Speed
05-24-2011, 06:53 AM
Paymnet Sent

Blackened300a
05-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Expect a payment in a little while. Thanks for offering this. :beer:

1 Bad Merc
05-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Have sent money for the Kit. Thanks.

vkirkend
05-24-2011, 10:38 AM
I'll start with 1, paypal coming.

babbage
Interested. Do you have some pictures? I assume you have this installed on your MM.

2,4shofast
Sir, do you have any pics available of your kit? Im very interested!

slickster
05-24-2011, 10:55 AM
What about just led white or other colors. If so I will come to you and give you a tip. And just would like to meet the man who knows everything about the mm

fastblackmerc
05-24-2011, 12:06 PM
What about just led white or other colors. If so I will come to you and give you a tip. And just would like to meet the man who knows everything about the mm

I can do other colors but there will be more cost involved. I bought a large quantity of green LEDs so I could bring down the cost.

Let me know what colors you'd be interested in.

fastblackmerc
05-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Interested. Do you have some pictures? I assume you have this installed on your MM.

Sir, do you have any pics available of your kit? Im very interested!

I did a test install on dakslim's (Phil) MM.

Here are a couple of pictures.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67575&highlight=dakslim&page=2

I did an install in my MM a few years ago and I went with bigger LEDs. I could show you mine but that wouldn't be representative of this kit.

fastblackmerc
05-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Anyone have any other ideas for interior / exterior lighting?

For example:

A kit to replace all the interior bulbs with LEDs.

A kit to install an LED in the rear cup holder.

Under the hood LED lights.

Trunk light LED(s).

SC Cheesehead
05-24-2011, 12:47 PM
I can do other colors but there will be more cost involved. I bought a large quantity of green LEDs so I could bring down the cost.

Let me know what colors you'd be interested in.

I'm interested in BLUE.

Anyone have any other ideas for interior / exterior lighting?

For example:

A kit to replace all the interior bulbs with LEDs.

A kit to install an LED in the rear cup holder.

Under the hood LED lights.

Trunk light LED(s).

I think I need to plan a road trip for either you or me... ;)

MMarauder03
05-24-2011, 01:08 PM
I'd be in for a full white conversion! Dash cluster, shift indicator, door handles, cup holders... You know all the good stuff

fastblackmerc
05-24-2011, 01:15 PM
I'd be in for a full white conversion! Dash cluster, shift indicator, door handles, cup holders... You know all the good stuff

OK, lets see how many we can get of each color. The more I can order of each color the cheaper it would be.

slickster
05-24-2011, 01:22 PM
What I would like is exterior and interior door. Front cups. Foot well. All overhead. Hood and trunk. License plate. In bright white.

2,4shofast
05-24-2011, 01:28 PM
I would be interested in an entire interior LED up grade kit if one were available, I like the green for the 4 interior door handles, cup holders and center console. I would really like to just be able to buy a kit that would come with white leds for the overhead lighting and under the dash.

capt512
05-24-2011, 07:58 PM
I would be interested in interior lights, cup holder, exterior door handle (white), interior door handle, license plate light (white), assuming price was decent and most importantly quality. When I did my marauder cluster swap into my 01CV I found that the LED bulbs 194 (?) that many people including myself used for the cluster were all crap, no matter the distributor. Many of us on the forum including myself ordered and installed only for the bulbs to start going out 3-4 months later. We ended up having to use SMD strips for even lighting and durability...so I would want to make sure these didn't have the same durability problems.

PhastPhil
05-25-2011, 12:02 AM
You asked for other lighting ideas. I bought a set of White L.E.D. strips off ebay, and my brother installed them along the bottom of my driver's door. I will get the other doors done soon. This is a great mod. The light comes on when the door is opened, and shuts off when the door is closed because it is hooked up to the factory door switch. The lights provide a nice glow that lights up the ground around the door. It allows you to see the ground in the vicinity of the door, and can help prevent stepping into a pot hole. It is also great if you drop something on the ground at night. The idea for this came from a very rare factory option that provided a similar light. But I have to confess, I got the idea from Larry O 340.

fastblackmerc
05-25-2011, 03:23 AM
You asked for other lighting ideas. I bought a set of White L.E.D. strips off ebay, and my brother installed them along the bottom of my driver's door. I will get the other doors done soon. This is a great mod. The light comes on when the door is opened, and shuts off when the door is closed because it is hooked up to the factory door switch. The lights provide a nice glow that lights up the ground around the door. It allows you to see the ground in the vicinity of the door, and can help prevent stepping into a pot hole. It is also great if you drop something on the ground at night. The idea for this came from a very rare factory option that provided a similar light. But I have to confess, I got the idea from Larry O 340.

The OEM kit was called "valet lighting" which I have installed on my car. It's a nice addition.

I'll look into to it.

Thanks!

hwy73
05-25-2011, 05:54 AM
Funds sent via PayPal for one kit.

Daily 03
05-25-2011, 10:54 AM
I would be interested in a kit for the trunk and under the hood lighting.

Dale

fastblackmerc
05-25-2011, 01:52 PM
To everyone that purchased a kit:

They will ship first class USPS tomorrow.

Cougar_Marauder
05-26-2011, 02:06 AM
I would love an entire interior conversion to blue...or red. I always wanted to do that but fear taking the dash apart.

slickster
05-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Bumping for some white's

tbone
05-27-2011, 04:17 PM
I think red would be cool.

kmastl
05-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Installed my kit today.
I am very pleased with the outcome. I am going to wire the rear door lights into the front ones so they go on with the key and do not get turned off with the window locks.

One thing to note.. For the center govebox I used a 5/8 inch bit like it lists on the front of the directions not a 1/2" like it says in the directions. It's all good though the epoxy is holding it real tight.

fastblackmerc
05-31-2011, 04:03 AM
Installed my kit today.
I am very pleased with the outcome. I am going to wire the rear door lights into the front ones so they go on with the key and do not get turned off with the window locks.

One thing to note.. For the center govebox I used a 5/8 inch bit like it lists on the front of the directions not a 1/2" like it says in the directions. It's all good though the epoxy is holding it real tight.

Glad you liked it!

Any pics you could post of the completed install?

Blackened300a
05-31-2011, 05:27 AM
I received my kit Saturday, but havent had a chance to install yet. It's a very nice kit, I'm looking forward to installing it after Carlisle.
Ill post pics of the interior when its installed.

fastblackmerc
05-31-2011, 05:34 AM
I received my kit Saturday, but havent had a chance to install yet. It's a very nice kit, I'm looking forward to installing it after Carlisle.
Ill post pics of the interior when its installed.

Thanks Paul!

It should take about an hour to install. Do it and you can show it off at Carlisle.

If anyone has a question about the kit or installing it, PM me and I'll respond with my cell#.

Speed
05-31-2011, 05:54 AM
I received my kit as well, superb craftsmanship. Now I need to find the time to install. Thanks fastblackmerc.

fastblackmerc
05-31-2011, 06:12 AM
I received my kit as well, superb craftsmanship. Now I need to find the time to install. Thanks fastblackmerc.

Thanks!

FYI... these kits can be modified for installation into other vehicles.

Am working on a kit for my daughters RX-8 and the wife's Charger R/T.

Blackened300a
05-31-2011, 06:14 AM
I have a friend with a Supercoupe thats looking to do a LED conversion. He was impressed with your kit as well.

LeoVampire
05-31-2011, 12:05 PM
I have some kits available to add green LEDs to the front and rear inside door handles, the front cupholder and inside the center console.

This is a "Do-It-Yourself kit with detailed instructions. A few common hand tools are required.

The price is $55.00, shipping included.

The kit consists of 3mm green LEDs for the inside door handles and cupholder, a 10mm green LED for inside the center console, all wiring, connectors and LED holders.

I will be going for one of your original green kits but will not be able to do it till after Carlisle sometime.
One of the things I have been meaning to do so might as well get it done seeing your offering it to us.

hwy73
05-31-2011, 04:00 PM
Received mine on Friday, 5/27. Looks well-engineered. I guess the "feedback" gimmick is broke because for the second time today I got the "you do not have permission" message. Wait, maybe I don't have permission??????? :confused:

Blackened300a
05-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks Paul!

It should take about an hour to install. Do it and you can show it off at Carlisle.

I would love to, but I have a rule that I do not do anything to the car other then clean it before a event. I just have the worst luck and even something as simple as this install with my luck will probably cause a dead short and leave me stranded in PA. :D
Next Sunday 6/12 seems like the perfect day to tackle this. Ill even do a full pictorial and how-to guide on it. I'm looking forward to seeing how these look installed.

Krytin
05-31-2011, 04:08 PM
I'll be watching for the results of the installation!

fastblackmerc
05-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Ill even do a full pictorial and how-to guide on it.

The instructions I sent weren't good enough?

J/K.....

fastblackmerc
05-31-2011, 04:11 PM
I'll be watching for the results of the installation!

I can send you the installation instructions if you want to see how to do the install. It's got pictures too.

Krytin
05-31-2011, 04:14 PM
I can send you the installation instructions if you want to see how to do the install. It's got pictures too.

Thank You Sir!

PM or Email - Kethman@optonline.net

fastblackmerc
05-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Thank You Sir!

PM or Email - Kethman@optonline.net

Email sent.

kmastl
05-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Glad you liked it!

Any pics you could post of the completed install?

I was able to snap 3 half-ass pictures while I was driving.

I will try and get some good ones soon. I reaped the benefits of the door handle lights as my girlfriend didn't have to claw for the handle tonight. :banana2:

Blackened300a
06-01-2011, 04:38 AM
I was able to snap 3 half-ass pictures while I was driving.

I will try and get some good ones soon. I reaped the benefits of the door handle lights as my girlfriend didn't have to claw for the handle tonight. :banana2:

Looks great. Im wondering if the light would look less like a spot light if you moved the LED to directly behind the handle. The light would bounce off the back and give it a ambient lighting effect inside the cup.
I may try it on my install.

fastblackmerc
06-01-2011, 04:52 AM
Looks great. Im wondering if the light would look less like a spot light if you moved the LED to directly behind the handle. The light would bounce off the back and give it a ambient lighting effect inside the cup.

You may have to lengthen the wires on the LED and make sure the wires don't get tangled / damaged in the door handle mechanism.

hwy73
06-01-2011, 05:22 AM

That's an idea, but would the LED get clipped by the female's fingernails as they grabbed the door handle? Or does it mount flush enough not to. Just a thought.

fastblackmerc
06-01-2011, 05:40 AM
That's an idea, but would the LED get clipped by the female's fingernails as they grabbed the door handle? Or does it mount flush enough not to. Just a thought.

I've had this installed in my MM for over 5 years and have never had a problem with anyone hitting / clipping the LED.

Marauderman
06-02-2011, 04:47 AM
I'm interested in BLUE.

I think I need to plan a road trip for either you or me... ;)

AHEM....DON'T FORGET ME...and CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a vendor my friend---Yahoo!

Marauderman
06-02-2011, 04:52 AM
OK--I Think I know where our next meet location is going to have to be--Cary---so Jim can sell us some kits --and I hear the installs are a deal to have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2,4shofast
06-06-2011, 01:53 PM
I got mine in on Saturday and installed them, great kit! Amazing write up and quality parts, I will be doing business with you in the future:beer:

fastblackmerc
06-06-2011, 02:11 PM
I got mine in on Saturday and installed them, great kit! Amazing write up and quality parts, I will be doing business with you in the future:beer:

Glad you liked the kit.

loud2004marquis
06-06-2011, 06:10 PM
can you email me the install sheet and anymore good pics of it?

loud2004marquis
06-06-2011, 06:11 PM
eccentric_organ@yahoo.com

ledzilla
07-01-2011, 02:47 PM
I would love to get one of these kits! I had bought a pack of green automotive LEDs that included wires, but they died out in about two weeks. Glad I only took the time to do the front doors at the time. Also, could you PM me with where you wired them in for the doors for power? I'm curious as to whether or not I made a bad choice in the power supply for the LEDs.

Midnight
07-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Does this kit include instructions on how to remove all the parts required, and where we are wiring everything to?

If so, thats worth $55.... Other people have posted a FULL LED conversion... (dash, and all lights)... i am curious on how that would go...

Personally, i would LOVE to do it... i just dont want to start the project blind (Not knowing what i am doing)

let me know :)

capt512
07-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Do the green leds match the interior yellow green color or are they green green? I have some green leds with soldered in resistors that I used for my headlights switch, but they aren't the same shade as the yellow green cluster with smd strips.

fastblackmerc
07-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Does this kit include instructions on how to remove all the parts required, and where we are wiring everything to?

If so, thats worth $55.... Other people have posted a FULL LED conversion... (dash, and all lights)... i am curious on how that would go...

Personally, i would LOVE to do it... i just dont want to start the project blind (Not knowing what i am doing)

let me know :)

My kit includes full instructions.

I have LEDs for the courtesy lights, map lights, reading lights, gear shift indicator light, center pod gauges.

Am working on LEDs for the instrument cluster.

fastblackmerc
07-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Do the green leds match the interior yellow green color or are they green green? I have some green leds with soldered in resistors that I used for my headlights switch, but they aren't the same shade as the yellow green cluster with smd strips.

They are green single LEDs.

slickster
07-01-2011, 05:13 PM
How about I pay extra for white led

Blackened300a
07-02-2011, 09:54 AM

They are green green. however they do look great and its not a distraction or look out of place.

fastblackmerc
08-20-2011, 12:28 PM
OK, some of you guys asked for a white LED kit......

Just waiting for the 10mm LEDs to show up.

The price of the kit will be the same...... $55.00 (shipping included).

Since I'm not going to take green LEDs out of my doors, the first person to PM me will get the kit for $45.00.... but, you'll have to agree to post pictures of the completed installation.

slickster
08-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Meeeee. I've been buging you about this thanks jim

fastblackmerc
12-11-2011, 03:46 PM
OK, some of you guys asked for a white LED kit......

Just waiting for the 10mm LEDs to show up.

The price of the kit will be the same...... $55.00 (shipping included).

Since I'm not going to take green LEDs out of my doors, the first person to PM me will get the kit for $45.00.... but, you'll have to agree to post pictures of the completed installation.

I should have the 10mm white LEDs in the next week.

My original shipment disappeared!

martyo
12-11-2011, 07:50 PM
I must say, these things look great!!!

fastblackmerc
12-11-2011, 07:55 PM

Thanks Marty!

knine
12-11-2011, 10:04 PM
I had a set that I bought from somewhere, forget-Marauder COncepts maybe??, but they no longer work with the dim and are barely visable. Loved them when they worked.

fastblackmerc
12-12-2011, 04:56 AM
I had a set that I bought from somewhere, forget-Marauder COncepts maybe??, but they no longer work with the dim and are barely visable. Loved them when they worked.

My kit is based on the Marauder Concepts kit, but.....

My LEDs are bigger and brighter and I include an LED for the center console.

martyo
12-12-2011, 05:00 AM
Thanks Marty!

They were already on my newest car that I got and they catch everyone's eye.

The green is the ****nit. I hope to see a set of whites installed on someone's car for comparison.

fastblackmerc
12-12-2011, 05:04 AM
They were already on my newest car that I got and they catch everyone's eye.

The green is the ****nit. I hope to see a set of whites installed on someone's car for comparison.

I can also do a kit in blue if there is enough interest.

martyo
12-12-2011, 05:09 AM
I can also do a kit in blue if there is enough interest.

Come to GA, hang out and do that on my F450!!!!!

My wife is an awesome cook and we can talk cars until she feeds us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fastblackmerc
12-12-2011, 05:40 AM
Come to GA, hang out and do that on my F450!!!!!

My wife is an awesome cook and we can talk cars until she feeds us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will let you know the next time I'm down there.

martyo
12-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Will let you know the next time I'm down there.

That'd be awesome!!!!

Speed
01-06-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm looking to get set for my CV but would like it in the infamous DTR (red) color, if you're still making these. Is so I will send payment today.

Thanks

Tony

fastblackmerc
01-06-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm looking to get set for my CV but would like it in the infamous DTR (red) color, if you're still making these. Is so I will send payment today.

Thanks

Tony

Right now I have the kits in green and white.

If I get more interest in red or blue, I'll put together the parts necessary.

slickster
01-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Right now I have the kits in green and white.

If I get more interest in red or blue, I'll put together the parts necessary.

Is it 5k or 6k

Speed
01-06-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm willing to pay extra if there is no other interest in red. Thanks

fastblackmerc
01-06-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm willing to pay extra if there is no other interest in red. Thanks

PM sent.............

Mike827
01-15-2012, 06:53 PM
how much will it be for you to install this kit for me? Im interested in the white led kit.

DOOM
01-15-2012, 07:00 PM
how much will it be for you to install this kit for me? Im interested in the white led kit.

Read post #1

Stretchp71
02-14-2012, 02:45 PM
i need my whole interior done in uv leds, but i want it very bright

marauder410
02-14-2012, 03:15 PM

Merrill
03-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Got the kit last week and installed it. Good directions, very well thought out,
straight forward and simple. Great vendor, good product, good price. Thanks.

fastblackmerc
03-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Got the kit last week and installed it. Good directions, very well thought out,
straight forward and simple. Great vendor, good product, good price. Thanks.

Glad you liked it!

fastblackmerc
10-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Now available with BLUE LEDs!!!!!

SC Cheesehead
10-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Now available with BLUE LEDs!!!!!

WOOT!

You planning to attend SSHS by any chance?

Rob
10-23-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm down for a (slightly modified) interior set along with a number of other things.

FBM...please check your PM's. :D

fastblackmerc
10-24-2012, 03:50 AM
WOOT!

You planning to attend SSHS by any chance?

Still trying to get an install in the area for that week.

fastblackmerc
10-24-2012, 04:01 AM
I'm down for a (slightly modified) interior set along with a number of other things.

FBM...please check your PM's. :D

Will reply later today.

Thanks!

boatmangc
10-24-2012, 04:13 AM
Jim,
I will be in Atl starting this coming Saturday,
If by chance you make it for the shoot out I want one of these kits.
Installed?

Rockettman
10-30-2012, 06:44 AM
Can anyone post a picture of the white ones?
Reading these posts has got me kinda interested.
(First choice would be green; but white sounds interesting).

The lights for the: courtesy lights, map lights, reading lights, gear shift indicator light, center pod gauges.
Which of these come in white which come in green? (i.e. the map lights won't come in green I would figure. Whereas the pod guages, I would gather; do?)

Curless
10-30-2012, 06:54 AM
Any pics of this kit in the daylight, not turned on? Just want to see where the light actually sits. Thanks

ctrlraven
10-30-2012, 06:57 AM
Can anyone post a picture of the white ones?
Reading these posts has got me kinda interested.
(First choice would be green; but white sounds interesting).

The lights for the: courtesy lights, map lights, reading lights, gear shift indicator light, center pod gauges.
Which of these come in white which come in green? (i.e. the map lights won't come in green I would figure. Whereas the pod guages, I would gather; do?)
For the gear shift light there is a green plastic filter under the gear letters. You would need to sand off the green filter from the one side of the plastic filter and then it will allow any colored light through.

For the lower gauge pod you would need to get rid of the green filters on the gauge faces OR upgrade to real gauges which do not illuminate the face but allow light all around the sides to illuminate the gauge.

Rockettman
10-30-2012, 07:03 AM
For the gear shift light there is a green plastic filter under the gear letters. You would need to sand off the green filter from the one side of the plastic filter and then it will allow any colored light through.

For the lower gauge pod you would need to get rid of the green filters on the gauge faces OR upgrade to real gauges which do not illuminate the face but allow light all around the sides to illuminate the gauge.

Thanks Chris; but I think maybe I worded things wrong.

I guess I'm just asking if lights like the Map lights, are white - no matter which kit you buy (Green OR White).
As well, the lights in the visors - they must be white also correct? (Don't think anyone would want green ones there!).

ctrlraven
10-30-2012, 07:06 AM
Yes the map lights and vanity mirror lights are white, there is no filter for them so whatever color bulb you put in is what color will show.

UNDRCVR
10-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Do you still have kits avail??? Can more led's be added like for the footwell areas???
Would you make up a couple of kits one green and one red with extras for the footwell areas?? I would like to do my MM clone and my wife's Escape.

PM me if you could

SC Cheesehead
10-31-2012, 05:49 AM
Do you still have kits avail??? Can more led's be added like for the footwell areas???
Would you make up a couple of kits one green and one red with extras for the footwell areas?? I would like to do my MM clone and my wife's Escape.

PM me if you could

Prolly better if you PM him (fastblackmerc), he can get you hooked up.

Mustang man
11-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Seriously, no pictures of whites installed? Did I miss them scanning through the seven pages ?

fastblackmerc
11-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Seriously, no pictures of whites installed? Did I miss them scanning through the seven pages ?

There's no pics of red or blue ones either.... You could install a kit and post pics.....

fastblackmerc
11-13-2012, 09:26 PM

PM me if you could

I have an ambient lighting kit available. It will light the front foot wells and the rear foot wells.

fastblackmerc
04-05-2014, 02:18 PM
:bump: :bump:

fastblackmerc
04-22-2014, 06:54 AM
New price!

See first post!

fastblackmerc
01-02-2015, 05:26 AM
:bump: :bump:

Lowndex
03-25-2015, 04:52 PM

The price is $45.00, shipping included.

The kit consists of 3mm green or white LEDs for the inside door handles and cupholder, a 10mm green or white LED for inside the center console, all wiring, connectors and LED holders.

******* Just in! *******

Blue LEDs. Great for you Blues Brothers!

Red LED's

White LEDs

Same price for the kit.

How do I purchase for doors and cup holders, please?

fastblackmerc
03-26-2015, 05:08 AM
How do I purchase for doors and cup holders, please?

PM sent...

airjordan2k8
04-29-2015, 10:50 AM
No pictures up yet..

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

fastblackmerc
04-29-2015, 11:02 AM
No pictures up yet..

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Here is a video posted by CDUB.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75920

Right around 1:00 you'll see the cupholder and door handle LEDs.