PDA

View Full Version : Ideas

fastblackmerc
06-02-2011, 05:52 AM
Anyone have any ideas for more Marauder Mods?

Please start a new thread in my forum.

Thanks!

Mr. Man
06-02-2011, 07:28 AM
1. Aluminum Marauder sill plates

2. Aluminum Marauder shifter bezel

3. Aluminum 8.8 rear end cover that says Marauder with the end cap reinforcing thingamagiggy

4. Maruader Godshead steering wheel cap that actually fits flush

5. Brake pedal cover that says Marauder

6. Any kind of electronic lighting conversion to LED that is plug and play. Some of us are not as adept at electronics as others:rolleyes: I'd like to get the overhead lights changed to LED's (front/rear ) but if I can't just take out the old bulbs and plug in the new I'm not likely to try

Sorry didn't even read your second sentance until I posted.:o

SC Cheesehead
06-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Grille badges.

S-55 badges

+1 on the "Marauder" door sills

Replacement seat covers (will PM you on this one)

Embroidered godshead logo shirts

fastblackmerc
06-02-2011, 07:40 AM
1. Aluminum Marauder sill plates

2. Aluminum Marauder shifter bezel

3. Aluminum 8.8 rear end cover that says Marauder with the end cap reinforcing thingamagiggy

5. Brake pedal cover that says Marauder

6. Any kind of electronic lighting conversion to LED that is plug and play. Some of us are not as adept at electronics as others:rolleyes: I'd like to get the overhead lights changed to LED's (front/rear ) but if I can't just take out the old bulbs and plug in the new I'm not likely to try

Sorry didn't even read your second sentence until I posted.:o

No problem....
#1 - will have prices and options by end of the day.
#2 - will have prices and options by end of the day.
#3 - that is a tough one, will have to run it by CNC guy, stay tuned
#4 - that is a tough one, will have to run it by CNC guy, stay tuned
#5 - will have prices and options by end of the day for a gas, brake and dead pedal set
#6 - all my LED upgrade kits will be easy to do, some will need a few common hand tools like screw drivers, drill, drill bits, pliers, etc.

RoyLPita
06-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Puddle lamp kit?

Blackened300a
06-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Jim I want a underhood lighting setup. I dont mean a single bulb in the corner somewhere. Im talking LED light strips that extend across the sides under the fender lips so my cam covers are illuminated, I want a strip under the lower half of the hood so when the hood is open, the strip shines on my upper intake, I want a strip for the upper portion of the hood to shine on my embroided hood liner so the Gods head is lit up, and then I want a strip on the back of the radiator support to shine back on my polished alternator. These are also to be hidden with the lights off so they will have to be made to be tucked in the back out of sight but give off enough light to still light up the engine. I also want this to all work off the mercury switch on the hood. I have a 300A so the switch is there.
I have been looking for lighting options to make this happen. I purchased light strips, but didnt go forth with wiring them. Im pretty sure that I would need a distribution block to hook them up, then run a ground and power from the mercury switch all while keeping the location and wiring neat and hidden away.

This is on my wish list. Chance are I'll be continuing to play with this idea further.

Sound like something you wanna tackle??

DOOM
06-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Under body light kit!

Sure there at least a dozen people that want this!

Mr. Man
06-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Jim I want a underhood lighting setup. I dont mean a single bulb in the corner somewhere. Im talking LED light strips that extend across the sides under the fender lips so my cam covers are illuminated, I want a strip under the lower half of the hood so when the hood is open, the strip shines on my upper intake, I want a strip for the upper portion of the hood to shine on my embroided hood liner so the Gods head is lit up, and then I want a strip on the back of the radiator support to shine back on my polished alternator. These are also to be hidden with the lights off so they will have to be made to be tucked in the back out of sight but give off enough light to still light up the engine. I also want this to all work off the mercury switch on the hood. I have a 300A so the switch is there.
I have been looking for lighting options to make this happen. I purchased light strips, but didnt go forth with wiring them. Im pretty sure that I would need a distribution block to hook them up, then run a ground and power from the mercury switch all while keeping the location and wiring neat and hidden away.

This is on my wish list. Chance are I'll be continuing to play with this idea further.

Sounds like you need Doom's engine and a candle:D

DOOM
06-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Adjustable pedal fix!!!!!!!!!!

We all know its the lil plastic gear inside that cracks and breaks apart!

I say make an aluminium one!

Something probably EVERY MEMBER here on this site would want!

Speed
06-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Under body light kit!

Yes sir and I'll be the first in line.

How about engine dress up kit along with a carbon fiber front cover?

MERCMAN
06-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Embroidered dash covers, I have one and have had a lot of people ask about it

vkirkend
06-02-2011, 10:27 AM
+1 on the carbon fiber frontcover!!!!

Mac-MerC
06-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Adjustable pedal fix!!!!!!!!!!

We all know its the lil plastic gear inside that cracks and breaks apart!

I say make an aluminium one!

Something probably EVERY MEMBER here on this site would want!

I dont understand why do u all need to adjust your pedals... i adjusted mine once when i bought the car and havent pressed the button since then.

sorry fastblack... just a comment i always wondered

TAKEDOWN
06-02-2011, 10:30 AM
*** Engraved lit door sills would be awesome.

*** Marauder Supercharged rear circle emblem.

*** Custom coil cover similar to this...

*** MARAUDER w/checkered flag front fender emblems similar to the 1964 version<---I believe that's the correct year.

... I'll throw this out again.

I feel you're ignoring me Jim, LOL!

slickster
06-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Under light kit that's wired to work with turn signals break and reverse. Is there a way we can make them door sills lighted

Blk Mamba
06-02-2011, 10:36 AM
^^^^I want everything to work, I'm just that way, also my wife sometimes drives, and that would keep her from adjusting the seat, it takes days to get it back where I like it.

CWright
06-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Some of these mentioned already but I like:

Step lights below car or on bottom of door when doors open

Door sills that light up "Marauder"
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/Mustang_Lit_Door_sills.jpg

Under hood Light set up.

I'd bring to you to do all this. :D

Baconbit
06-02-2011, 08:10 PM
+1 on the radiator cover but other options besides carbon fiber(I can't stand the ricer look) like a brushed aluminum.

Ms. Denmark
06-02-2011, 08:30 PM
I dont understand why do u all need to adjust your pedals... i adjusted mine once when i bought the car and havent pressed the button since then.

Me @ 5' 6" + Big brawny husband @ 6'3" = pedal adjustment. Yes, it is my car and yes, he has one of his own.... but invariably I need to drive his or vice versa.:cool: Mine has been repaired once already. I would love it if there could be a permanent fix!

fastblackmerc
06-03-2011, 05:07 AM

Alright Paul......

First, I assume you'd like this for car shows, etc. so I don't think the lights should be wired into the existing mercury switch because after 20 minutes of
inactivity the lights will go out. There is a timer built into the LCM that automatically turns off the lights to save the battery. So now we need to connect the lights to a constant 12v source and use a manual switch.... no problem.

Second, to mount the LEDs there will need to be some small holes drilled. I don't think double-sided tape will last.

Third, most LEDs provide flood lighting. I'd need to find some LEDs that provide spot lighting.

Fourth.... how deep are your pockets :D just kidding. I'll look into this.

guspech750
06-03-2011, 05:36 AM
[QUOTE=TAKEDOWN;1052473]

*** Custom coil cover similar to this...

*** MARAUDER w/checkered flag front fender emblems similar to the 1964 version

SC Cheesehead
06-03-2011, 05:43 AM

Ooooh, I LIKE that! :banana:

Blackened300a
06-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Alright Paul......

First, I assume you'd like this for car shows, etc. so I don't think the lights should be wired into the existing mercury switch because after 20 minutes of
inactivity the lights will go out. There is a timer built into the LCM that automatically turns off the lights to save the battery. So now we need to connect the lights to a constant 12v source and use a manual switch.... no problem.

Second, to mount the LEDs there will need to be some small holes drilled. I don't think double-sided tape will last.

Third, most LEDs provide flood lighting. I'd need to find some LEDs that provide spot lighting.

Fourth.... how deep are your pockets :D just kidding. I'll look into this.

A separate switch will be fine. I would prefer that actually but I thought the mercury switch would be a easier route. Drilling holes is not a option, I'd rather go with a double sided that I can replace after a while then permanent holes under the hood. Flood lighting would be fine on the sides under the fenders. I tried this already and the cam covers came alive. The spot light set up would be best for the Hood liner, front of the engine and the upper intake.
You make a kit that's already laid out with instructions and materials, Ill dig pretty deep to purchase it. :cool4:

SMOKE
06-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Add another nod for the shifter bezel...

Jonathan

slickster
06-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Sunshade with godhead logo.

boatmangc
06-05-2011, 05:29 AM
Puddle lamp kit?

+1
That added to the LED kit and I'm all over it!

dakslim
06-05-2011, 06:09 AM

Ditto here.;)

fastblackmerc
06-05-2011, 06:22 AM

Ditto here.;)

Np problem....

I can't remember the last time I adjusted my pedals.

If I can find an assembly or the gear I take it to my CNC guy.

capt512
06-06-2011, 08:46 PM
+1 Sunshade, +1 Shifter Bezel, +1 Lighted Door Sills, +1 Underhood Lighting (though I don't need as extensive as Blackened...I'd just like to be able to see under the hood if I needed to at night), Others might be interested in an LED Trunk Lighting package, +1 Flush Steering Wheel Godshead, Godshead covers for grille and trunk badges that go over the factory badges, +1 Rearend Girdle (depending on price). All of these dependent on price of course, but all interest me.

PonyUP
06-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Some of these mentioned already but I like:

Step lights below car or on bottom of door when doors open

Under hood Light set up.

I'd bring to you to do all this. :D

I have this on my Mustang, I actually use the red too though it has over 180 colors to choose from. It also has ambient light in the foot compartments which is actually really cool. Greatly adds to the experience of driving the car

Tnbigbody
06-07-2011, 12:34 PM
working rear door ash trays lmao or just something passengers in the back seat could play with

Kodimar
06-10-2011, 11:47 AM
A supercharger kit that costs $500.

stryker
06-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Marauder sidemarkers customised to mount in a Crownvictoria. :cool4:

Bradley G
06-14-2011, 08:19 PM
custom emergency brake pedal, very short

napolitano
06-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Are you doing a shifter bezel to?

fastblackmerc
06-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Are you doing a shifter bezel to?

Yes............

GetMeMyStogie
06-15-2011, 01:07 PM
custom emergency brake pedal, very short
Ooooh, better yet: reposition the e-brake/parking brake to the center console, bundled with custom 6.5" kickpanel speaker pods.
Or, kickpanel speaker pods that work around the existing p-brake.
That's something I always wanted in a Panther

GetMeMyStogie
06-15-2011, 01:09 PM

And, which mounts (the hard way) positively to the air bag cover, so I don't have to worry about being impaled in the face by godshead shrapnel.

tbone
06-15-2011, 01:14 PM
How about a front bumper cover hole kit consisting of the metal mesh, painted to order.

BeanSS
06-16-2011, 10:10 AM
+1 with the Shifter bezel and the Steering Wheel Gods head Emblem

How about some
Custom Seat Skins with Suede Inserts
Carbon Fiber or Black Wood Grained door and panel trim pieces and or Dash Kit
Over Head Liner with a large Gods Head impression on it

crouse
06-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Side pipes? :)

http://crouse.smugmug.com/photos/i-gWxBbJw/0/L/i-gWxBbJw-L.jpg

Blackened300a
06-16-2011, 11:07 AM
You guys are hysterical. I think he was reffering to simple things like LED light kits and maybe some CNC interior accents. Peterbilt smoke stacks and a trilogy 2 body kit may be a little out of reach.

Joe Walsh
06-16-2011, 11:34 AM
A supercharger kit that costs $500.

Ask and you shall receive:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELECTRIC-TURBO-POWER-AIR-INTAKE-SUPERCHARGER-KIT-FORD-/260793762797?pt=Motors_Car_Tru ck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb88503ed

BTW: You can buy 2 and still have change from your $500!

Joe Walsh
06-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Side pipes? :)

http://crouse.smugmug.com/photos/i-gWxBbJw/0/L/i-gWxBbJw-L.jpg

WOW!

Are they still selling sidepipe kits with that GOD AWFUL gutter guard?

That stuff should have disappeared with the last 1970 Dodge "rape" van!

GAMike
06-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Hey Jim....... How about an AWD kit for Marauders?:D

j/k:beer:

Raven34
06-19-2011, 06:43 PM
I dont know it its possible or feasable but I was thinking a tail light kit that would work work sequentially like the new mustangs and gt500s. Except, instead of going from inner to outer light maybe have three lights per tail light and start on bottom and stagger up. Would look cool on cars with the s-55 tail light treatment already.

If anyone could figure it out I'm sure you'd be the one.

tbone
06-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Rotating license plates, oil dispenser, machine guns and rocket launcher.
Oh, and circular blades that come out of the front end and cut down large trees even while going 100+ mph.

Kodimar
07-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Ask and you shall receive:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELECTRIC-TURBO-POWER-AIR-INTAKE-SUPERCHARGER-KIT-FORD-/260793762797?pt=Motors_Car_Tru ck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb88503ed

BTW: You can buy 2 and still have change from your $500!

LOL, nice! :o

MAROGER
07-05-2011, 03:12 PM
any work on the shift bezels?

Marauderman
07-05-2011, 04:40 PM
I dont know it its possible or feasable but I was thinking a tail light kit that would work work sequentially like the new mustangs and gt500s. Except, instead of going from inner to outer light maybe have three lights per tail light and start on bottom and stagger up. Would look cool on cars with the s-55 tail light treatment already.

Now that is something to build on......hummm..

fastblackmerc
07-05-2011, 06:58 PM
any work on the shift bezels?

There is a thread about them in my forum.

Mebot
07-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Ok I like the Sunshade idea. If there is adequate response for a group buy, please count me in for at least 5! I use my sun shade right now every single day and these things fade and rot fast. I would like to have one or two for every day use and then at least 3 as backup!:D

Ok now for another idea: Custom Marauder Portfolios - you know the little zippered pouch we all keep our owners manual and quick reference guide? Is there any way to make a cool design instead of the Mercury Waterfall? Might be too much time and effort involved but i'm still going to throw it out.

And also, not sure if your forum is the right one, but I wish I could purchase a full-zip hoodie. In fact there are no sweatshirts or pullovers on the MM.Net store, so would really like to see someone make a design on the back
http://www.backstreetmerch.com/images/products/bands/clothing/strtd/bsi_strtd32.gif

Use this as a template and maybe put the waterfall logo on the front right and then on the back a cool image of the car or simply "MARAUDER"

Perhaps even have the Mercury Man on the very top of the hood! This would have to be a groupbuy much like the Mechanics shirts, but I would definitely be in for one

:banana:

Shaijack
07-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Raven34 I am looking into that. No luck so far. I like the idea also.

fastblackmerc
07-05-2011, 11:08 PM

I found some kits. Need to get the details on them and some pricing. Looks like it will not be cheap.

Blackened300a
07-06-2011, 04:22 AM
And also, not sure if your forum is the right one, but I wish I could purchase a full-zip hoodie. In fact there are no sweatshirts or pullovers on the MM.Net store, so would really like to see someone make a design on the back
http://www.backstreetmerch.com/images/products/bands/clothing/strtd/bsi_strtd32.gif

Use this as a template and maybe put the waterfall logo on the front right and then on the back a cool image of the car or simply "MARAUDER"

Perhaps even have the Mercury Man on the very top of the hood! This would have to be a groupbuy much like the Mechanics shirts, but I would definitely be in for one

:banana:

PM me on your ideas. If the interest is there, Ill put forth the effort.

Ms. Denmark
07-06-2011, 04:39 AM
PM me on your ideas. If the interest is there, Ill put forth the effort. Good idea. I'm in if you do this. (womens size;))

Mebot
07-06-2011, 12:28 PM
PM me on your ideas. If the interest is there, Ill put forth the effort.
Pm sent :banana2:

dohc324ci
07-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Blacked out headless Marauder grill ready to order.

bolsen
07-19-2011, 12:05 PM
i would order a door sill plate if you could make them backlit with "marauder green". i really love the way Brabus does the door sills for MB.

screamn
07-19-2011, 02:55 PM
+1 on Blackened out headless grill made ready to order.

slickster
07-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Dash placks with build# etc. Should be cheap and easy to do