PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to all 2011 Carlisle attendees!

Blackened300a
06-06-2011, 07:09 AM
I have a list of thank you's for making this event possible,
First off, a HUGE thanks to all the members who make the trek to Carlisle each year no matter what the weather may be for this event! You guys make it easy to stay motivated to put this together.
Second BIG thanks to Jonathan (SMOKE), he's the creative person behind the T-shirt designs, car plaques, ballots, and great ideas in general in putting this together.
A BIG thank you to our BBQ chef's, Denise (Mrs Tweety) and Mike (Sgt Merc) They were turning out food the entire time and managed to stay ahead of the hungry crowd even with small grills and a large amount of people. You guys were amazing!
Another thank you to the members who brought store bought or even went the extra mile and bought homemade food and supplies for our BBQ. The list is way too long to start listing names, Just be aware that it was greatly appreciated and we thank you so much for the contribution to this event.
Also thanks to Jack (fordfrk) for helping putting the grills together. The tent didnt catch fire and only some arm hair was lost while using the grill so I call that a success. :D
Thanks to FastMerc (Mark) for spending the time and money to make us special dash plaques for the event. That wasn't nessesary, but much appreciated.
Another BIG thank you to MM.net for giving us a forum to organize this meet and for funding the in-voting trophies, dash plaques and a additional $150 which purchased the grills, propane, and a cart full of food and drinks for our BBQ. Also thanks for supporting us this year and the last few years we been coming together for this meet.
Thanks to Tommy from Sparta performance for donating a Watts link for our raffle this weekend and thanks for all members who bought tickets for the 50/50 raffle. All proceeds are going towards MV9 to make that event a truly unique and enjoyable experience.
A BIG thank you to my GF Voula who did a lot of leg work and photography this weekend. She came to relax, but was running all over the place so I could be in 2 places at one time. Thank you babe and I love you. :lovies:

Also thanks to DOOM for taking the term "Kiss and make up" to a whole other level. :D
Should have warned me, I would have shaved for ya. ;)

Looking forward to Carlisle 2012!!!!!

:beer:

Krytin
06-06-2011, 07:23 AM
A BIG thank you to my GF Voula who did a lot of leg work and photography this weekend. She came to relax, but was running all over the place so I could be in 2 places at one time. Thank you babe and I love you. :lovies:

You are a sweetheeart!!

Good work everybody - I'll be at the next one for surre!

Bluerauder
06-06-2011, 07:38 AM
A BIG thank you to my GF Voula who did a lot of leg work and photography this weekend.

She did so much legwork that there were holes in her jeans on Saturday. ;)

Thanks to all who helped make this year's Carlisle a rousing success. Paul -- you are the organizer extraordinaire !!! Your efforts are much appreciated.

hwy73
06-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Once again, Paul deserves recognition for organizing our participation in the "Mercury Marauder" specific class at Carlisle. The sight of an entire section (3 rows) of those cars on that hill (the top of the Ford mountain, so to speak) was quite impressive.
:bows: Thank you Paul, and Voula too!

Papillon
06-06-2011, 08:21 AM
I have a list of thank you's for making this event possible,
First off, a HUGE thanks to all the members who make the trek to Carlisle each year no matter what the weather may be for this event! You guys make it easy to stay motivated to put this together.
Second BIG thanks to Jonathan (SMOKE), he's the creative person behind the T-shirt designs, car plaques, ballots, and great ideas in general in putting this together.
A BIG thank you to our BBQ chef's, Denise (Mrs Tweety) and Mike (Sgt Merc) They were turning out food the entire time and managed to stay ahead of the hungry crowd even with small grills and a large amount of people. You guys were amazing!
Another thank you to the members who brought store bought or even went the extra mile and bought homemade food and supplies for our BBQ. The list is way too long to start listing names, Just be aware that it was greatly appreciated and we thank you so much for the contribution to this event.
Also thanks to Jack (fordfrk) for helping putting the grills together. The tent didnt catch fire and only some arm hair was lost while using the grill so I call that a success. :D
Thanks to FastMerc (Mark) for spending the time and money to make us special dash plaques for the event. That wasn't nessesary, but much appreciated.
Another BIG thank you to MM.net for giving us a forum to organize this meet and for funding the in-voting trophies, dash plaques and a additional $150 which purchased the grills, propane, and a cart full of food and drinks for our BBQ. Also thanks for supporting us this year and the last few years we been coming together for this meet.
Thanks to Tommy from Sparta performance for donating a Watts link for our raffle this weekend and thanks for all members who bought tickets for the 50/50 raffle. All proceeds are going towards MV9 to make that event a truly unique and enjoyable experience.

Also thanks to DOOM for taking the term "Kiss and make up" to a whole other level. :D
Should have warned me, I would have shaved for ya. ;)

Looking forward to Carlisle 2012!!!!!

:beer:

You're the best babe! Love you too! I'm so proud of you & all you do & proud to be you're girl ;)

A BIG thank you to my GF Voula who did a lot of leg work and photography this weekend. She came to relax, but was running all over the place so I could be in 2 places at one time. Thank you babe and I love you.

You are a sweetheeart!!

Good work everybody - I'll be at the next one for surre!

Ain't he?! :lovies2:

She did so much legwork that there were holes in her jeans on Saturday.

:lol:

Once again, Paul deserves recognition for organizing our participation in the "Mercury Marauder" specific class at Carlisle. The sight of an entire section (3 rows) of those cars on that hill (the top of the Ford mountain, so to speak) was quite impressive.

It's SUCH a pleasure to come to these events let alone an honor to be able to be a part of the planning and execution.

Paul is sooo completely dedicated to the car and this site. He puts so much time & effort into these events. Carlisle comes & goes and within a couple of months, it's back to planning & brainstorming to make it bigger & better than last year.

As always, awesome job babe!!! :up:

SILVERSURFER03
06-06-2011, 08:39 AM
THANKS PAUL it was a blast GREAT JOB EVERYONE that helped paul also thanks again TILL NEXT YEAR

DOOM
06-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Paul and Voula thank you both for a wonderful time in carlisle.

Paul my offer still stands. The keys are yours when youre ready! :up:

Papillon
06-06-2011, 08:53 AM

It was all Paul. I just helped :)

Hey, if he doesn't wanna take it for a spin, I'm available! :D

Blackened300a
06-06-2011, 09:04 AM

I'll glady accept a ride. Way too much money and love put into your car that I do not wanna risk even putting a bug splatter on the windshield.
I do greatly appreciate it though. :beer:

LeoVampire
06-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Yes thanks to all of you for all your hard work making sure it went smooth as can be this year!

The cooks were amazing and did an awesome job to say the least!

I loved all the fresh fruit and ate till I juiced myself :lol:

Some of our friends came up to eat and drink and said they wished the Mustang crews were as organized and friendly as we were! I quote "Your Marauder friends put them to shame with less than a quarter of their size!"
So give yourself a pat on the back everyone! :bows:

Blackened300a
06-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Rumor has it that the CVN guys are not fans of us because we think we are so above them by not including them in our Carlisle festivites. :rolleyes:

CVN's owner was at Carlisle with his Mustang and never put any support forward for his own forum.
I like to think that because we own cars that have class, our events should be the same.

SMOKE
06-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Helluvajob Paul! An honor to serve and a pleasure to attend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Jonathan

Mr. Man
06-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Great job on organising the MM crowd again this year Paul.:2thumbs:

No need to thank me for coming out and supporting this event. I have more than enough magnanimity to grace the MM community with my wonderfulness. It was my pleasure to be the rainbow even during the rain storm.:D

crabby125
06-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Rumor has it that the CVN guys are not fans of us because we think we are so above them by not including them in our Carlisle festivites. :rolleyes:

CVN's owner was at Carlisle with his Mustang and never put any support forward for his own forum.
I like to think that because we own cars that have class, our events should be the same.

Its not really a rumor, its pretty much true. They were Mostly upset that CVN was not next to the MM guys. I did make a mention of it recently on why you guys should have (and deserve) your own class. CVN is pretty much a joke at Carlisle. there is not even a "Carlisle 2011" section there

When I mentioned how CVN's appearance was awful, (I only saw around 10 non MM cars there scattered around the and only one other CVN member.) I ended up getting an attitude by one of the guys there who I have heard is buddy buddy with the owner.

I tried to get the CVN side more organized back in 08 and 09 which wasnt that bad. I wasnt able to do these last two years due to my OTR trucking job and I was just upset at the no support from CVN. Also add to the fact that they have held yearly events to the St Thomas assembly plant in Canada which is exactly one week away from Carlisle, So that too hurts the numbers.

You guys have consistently shown what a Carlisle event should be like and thanks Paul for having me hang out with you guys. even though I dont own a MM I support you guys.

Blackened300a
06-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Its not really a rumor, its pretty much true. They were Mostly upset that CVN was not next to the MM guys. I did make a mention of it recently on why you guys should have (and deserve) your own class. CVN is pretty much a joke at Carlisle. there is not even a "Carlisle 2011" section there

When I mentioned how CVN's appearance was awful, (I only saw around 10 non MM cars there scattered around the and only one other CVN member.) I ended up getting an attitude by one of the guys there who I have heard is buddy buddy with the owner.

I tried to get the CVN side more organized back in 08 and 09 which wasnt that bad. I wasnt able to do these last two years due to my OTR trucking job and I was just upset at the no support from CVN. Also add to the fact that they have held yearly events to the St Thomas assembly plant in Canada which takes up

You guys have consistently shown what a Carlisle event should be like and thanks Paul for having me hang out with you guys. even though I dont own a MM I support you guys.

I pretty much set the story straight on CVN just a few minutes ago. The Admin over there gives no support and all the members over there sat back and relied on you for everything. Over here we have a very dedicated group that makes it very easy to put this together and keep the motivation going. I know that if I ran into a issue where I couldn't streamline this event, there would be someone right there to take over. There is just that much dedication from our members and the MM.net Admins.

I think you should just ditch those guys and hang out with us. :D

HammerDown
06-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Helluvajob Paul! An honor to serve and a pleasure to attend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Jonathan

Same here, Paul. Fordfrk & I always ready to help where needed, and ALWAYS have a good time at the events.

crabby125
06-06-2011, 04:33 PM
WOW dude thanks, I probably might join you guys or I might bring out my somewhat modified explorer and hang with the Serious explorations group. I dont think I'll be with CVN much longer.

Papillon
06-06-2011, 05:17 PM
I pretty much set the story straight on CVN just a few minutes ago. The Admin over there gives no support and all the members over there sat back and relied on you for everything. Over here we have a very dedicated group that makes it very easy to put this together and keep the motivation going. I know that if I ran into a issue where I couldn't streamline this event, there would be someone right there to take over. There is just that much dedication from our members and the MM.net Admins.

I think you should just ditch those guys and hang out with us. :D

WOW dude thanks, I probably might join you guys or I might bring out my somewhat modified explorer and hang with the Serious explorations group. I dont think I'll be with CVN much longer.

Yeah! What Paul said!!! Drop the zeros & get with the heros! Lol

You're good peoples Crabby. Beside, listening to you & Paul go back & forth with the jokes & one liners is always a good time! :D

HammerDown
06-06-2011, 05:41 PM

Yes, Hwy 73!! Paul & Voula make a great team, which is why these events end up being so much fun.

Another thought is thanks to those that brought the extra canopies--so no worries about a little rain!! Room for everyone to stay dry!

Ladyhawke
06-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Great job Paul and Voula!! Many thanks to you guys and everyone else who made this past weekend a huge success!

wickedmerc
06-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Yeah! What Paul said!!! Drop the zeros & get with the heros! Lol

+1 I don't know this Crabby guy, never met him........

but he has the Seal of Awesomeness (which cracks me up every time I see it! I'm soooo gonna lift that!) AND cool rims on his Crown Vic. He's OK in my book :cool:

05crownsport
06-06-2011, 07:10 PM
I couldn't agree more about the CV.N, that is why I appreciated all of you making us cv guys and gals feel welcome. This was the first time I have been to Carlisle with something other than a mustang too... and it I had an awesome time. Thank you all for being so selfless and giving. I am looking forward to Hershey! Who knows, maybe I'll have a marauder by then! My wife even told me this past Saturday, and there are witnesses, to go ahead and buy a marauder! :beer:

FastMerc
06-06-2011, 07:12 PM
It was a great time,Paul and your cute girl friend who showes great interest in our hobby thats so awesome,thank you... I want to thank everyone who donated some for the dash plaques this will help greatly for next year.We shall see.It is always fun to be around this group its like a big family every one is willing to help,and we all get along thats great!:) Its apparent that other clubs see this.Once again thanks to everyone for participating.

SpartaPerformance
06-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Paul and Voula great job putting the event together and keeping everything well organized for the duration. Thank you to all the members for making me feel like part of your Marauder family once again. Looking forward to 2012! :party:

Mr. Man
06-06-2011, 07:23 PM

but he has the Seal of Awesomeness (which cracks me up every time I see it! I'm soooo gonna lift that!) AND cool rims on his Crown Vic. He's OK in my book :cool:
Crabbys a hoot got a pic of him, me and BigDogJim. The kid in the back is the kicker (offroadcarter), cheerleaders Ms.D and ORC's not girlfriend :P

Papillon
06-06-2011, 08:01 PM

This whole comment had Paul & I rolling!!!! Lmaooo

Crabby IS aaaaawwwwsomeness!!!

DEFYANT
06-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Great job by all involved in this. Thanks for making it happen. Wish I could have hung out more.

jsignorelli
06-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Once again, Joanne and I had a great time. I'm sorry I could not say good-bye when the rain began but I had to close another car on the far end of the show field. My '70 Boss needed proection from the rain so I moved it into the trailer.

LeoVampire
06-07-2011, 07:19 AM
It was a great time,Paul and your cute girl friend who showes great interest in our hobby thats so awesome,thank you... I want to thank everyone who donated some for the dash plaques this will help greatly for next year.We shall see.It is always fun to be around this group its like a big family every one is willing to help,and we all get along thats great!:) Its apparent that other clubs see this.Once again thanks to everyone for participating.

Your welcome for the donation! I did not know dash plaques had even been made until they were pulled out and asked if anyone wanted one. They look great thanks! :banana:

Haggis
06-07-2011, 10:15 AM
I wish to add my thanks to Paul and Voula, you to were made for each other. :three cheers:

Also thanks to Tom (Sparta) for the donation and his vendor status within the marauder community and a big thanks to the cooking staff and all those that donated food and supplies that made Carlisle 2011 a big hit!!!!