PDA

View Full Version : While at Carisle - Loco1234

Loco1234
06-07-2011, 10:04 AM
For those of you whom are curious or interested & don't know...
I took my #113 Qvale Mangusta of 276 made in the world to the all-Ford nationals at Carisle this year... I typically bring my 04 Mercury Marauder but it was not ready to go in a show yet this year...
While at the show I was approached by a tv crew & they wanted to do a clip on the Qvale... I of course said sure... As it turns out this isn't for some local new program but they were filming for Fox Sports Network. (FSN) It will be used on a later in the season episode of the Lokar Car Show. It is on Sunday mornings in the summer into the fall...
This is a good thing for all Qvale's out there... perhaps next time someone will say's to a Mangusta, "you know I think I saw one of these on a tv show once... & instead of saying no... they may have actually seen one before... It should be a about a 3-4min clip... They had me explain some history of the car & operate its roof.. Rotoroof(TM)

LeoVampire
06-07-2011, 10:13 AM
WOW very nice!

National TV coverage you can not beat that one! :beer:

Papillon
06-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Pretty damn cool! If and when they let YOU know the air date, let us know!

Bluerauder
06-07-2011, 10:43 AM
While at the show I was approached by a tv crew & they wanted to do a clip on the Qvale... I of course said sure...

I think I saw this crew with TV cameras in a golf cart. Two guys had those big cameras and then they got out and started to walk down the hill. The cart was parked up next to my car for awhile. Hey, maybe I'll be in a background shot. ;)

HammerDown
06-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Yes, when you know an air date, we will be watching..........

Your car was very cool--checked it out each time I walked up and down THAT HILL!!!!!!

Loco1234
06-07-2011, 11:15 AM
I think I saw this crew with TV cameras in a golf cart. Two guys had those big cameras and then they got out and started to walk down the hill. The cart was parked up next to my car for awhile. Hey, maybe I'll be in a background shot. ;)

Yes Since I was parked right in the middle of MM.net They will have everyone in the background as the pan around the vehicle...
I was told it would air on a later episode in the season... I will post up here on MM.net when I find out more info including the air date...

Loco1234
06-07-2011, 11:18 AM
WOW very nice!

National TV coverage you can not beat that one! :beer:

Ya I certainly didn't expect national air coverage... I'll have to get a loop of the clip so I can play it at car shows w/ the Mangusta... That ought to be worth a few points... national recognition... I certainly pumped...

Loco1234
06-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Yes, when you know an air date, we will be watching..........

Your car was very cool--checked it out each time I walked up and down THAT HILL!!!!!!

TY ya that hill was quite a steep one... I tried early on Saturday to K turn on the grass on the hill... & It just slipped & spun the rear tires on the grassy hill lol... I had to park carefully...

Blackened300a
06-07-2011, 11:23 AM

If they filmed you then they filmed me too. Thanks for saving the spot Charlie. ;)

Mr. Man
06-07-2011, 12:04 PM
If they filmed you then they filmed me too. Thanks for saving the spot Charlie. ;)
Actually the camera shooting you said "America's Most Wanted" on the side. I'd expect a no-knock anytime soon now.:D

Shaijack
06-07-2011, 12:17 PM
They were there to get a shot of Doomie's burnout.

Loco1234
06-08-2011, 09:58 AM

Probably will be able to see most of the Marauders... Should be pretty cool... What better to be in the middle of a sea of...