PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol + Cobra + driving hard don't mix...

MrBluGruv
06-10-2011, 11:54 PM
I lost a friend of mine Thursday morning. He was coming home from what I can only gather was a party, lost control going harder on it than he should have been and flipped his cobra. He was maybe a month or two younger than I am. :(

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Schertz-man-died-in-single-car-accident-1417408.php

http://seguingazette.com/news/article_339fe458-92f3-11e0-ba12-001cc4c002e0.html

http://www.lonestarstangs.com/forum/rip-nick-harrison-66682.html

As if anyone needed a reminder, please be careful when you drink a lot of alcohol and try to wrestle high horsepower.

He's leaving behind a lot of friends that love and care for him because of that stupid choice... :(

LANDY
06-11-2011, 01:41 AM
Rest in peace, and my blessings are sent for his loving ones. Specially the passenger who Hopefully survived.
It's always sad to read about this kind of stuff, be safe out there guys and use your judgement.

MrBluGruv
06-11-2011, 01:51 AM
Specially the passenger who Hopefully survived.

Apparently she came out completely unscathed, which is a miracle seeing what happened. I hate to talk down about a friend, but at least his stupid behavior didn't take two lives instead of just one...

FordNut
06-11-2011, 04:00 AM
I lost a friend of mine Thursday morning. He was coming home from what I can only gather was a party, lost control going harder on it than he should have been and flipped his cobra. He was maybe a month or two younger than I am. :(
Do not drink and drive.

As if anyone needed a reminder, please be careful when you drink a lot of alcohol and try to wrestle high horsepower.
Do not drink and drive.

He's leaving behind a lot of friends that love and care for him because of that stupid choice... :(

It is sad for someone to lose their life due to this. The risk of having a multi-vehicle accident and killing an innocent victim is so high, just stick with this... Horsepower is irrelevant: Do not drink and drive.

Bluerauder
06-11-2011, 04:09 AM
I lost a friend of mine Thursday morning.

Sorry to hear this. So sad. :( Only 21 years old. R.I.P. Nick.

ntd
06-11-2011, 06:21 AM
Sorry your friend lost his life due to a very poor error in judgment thankfully no innocent people where hurt. I recently lost a friend due to drunk driver rear ending her on the freeway at 120mph(of course he lived). Regardless of the car, truck or bike it never ends well. My sympathies go out to his friends and family

SC Cheesehead
06-11-2011, 06:37 AM
I joke around alot about drinking, but alcohol and fast cars don't mix.

If you're gonna drink, don't drive.

Thoughts and prayers go out to your friend's family.

slickster
06-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Its the weekend and a lot of people are haveing to much of a good time and driving. So everyone be carefull out there. Rip nick

rayjay
06-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Sincere condolences on the loss of your friend. I lost my little brother on his 19th birthday when he wrapped his 71 LTD around a pole with a .24 BAC. That was in 1978 and I still think of him daily. My parents never got over it. Hand over the keys....

LeoVampire
06-11-2011, 08:34 AM
OMG so sorry to hear about your friend!!!

What a waste and loss when someone so young die's like that! :(

Vortex
06-11-2011, 08:55 AM
I sometimes think of all the stupid, dangerous crap I did in cars from the age of 17 til I was about 25. How I survived (or didnt hurt or kill somebody else) is pretty much a miracle. I was lucky. If I could pass on anything to our group it is if youve had more than three beers, dont drive. It may be less for you if you are smaller. We all go to barbeques and stuff and Im not saying you cant have a beer or a drink. Just dont drink more than two or three and get behind the wheel, ever.

F8LBITEva
06-11-2011, 09:23 AM
So sorry to hear this man. RIP

Ms. Denmark
06-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Sorry to hear about the death of your friend. We always feel so invincible at that age. You have our condolences. RIP Nick...

TAKEDOWN
06-11-2011, 11:42 AM
That's horrible... May he rest in peace and prayers sent.

Mr. Man
06-11-2011, 02:49 PM
I joke around a lot about drinking, but alcohol and fast cars don't mix.

If you're gonna drink, don't drive.

Thoughts and prayers go out to your friend's family.

I think you meant to say drinking and driving any kind of vehicle or operating machinery don't mix. Driving a slow underpowered car is just as dangerous as driving a fast one. Youth, inexperience and high horsepower can be problematic as well.
I've been driving for almost 30 years and today's muscle cars can be surprisingly hard to handle until you learn the car and know both your and the cars limits.
My sympathies go out to you and to your friends family.

MrBluGruv
06-12-2011, 11:31 AM
today's muscle cars can be surprisingly hard to handle

No joke, my friend. They can improve handling characteristics of vehicles to the nth degree, but power is power and traction limits are traction limits.

It's like I said, it's just frustrating to lose a good guy to such a stupid choice.

Yesterday evening was a cruise in his honor, from basically his home to the crash site. I got dashcam footage with my phone of the drive over, but the video is HUGE because of the quality I recorded it at, and it's gonna take me a while to get it online for everyone that was there and those that couldn't make it as well. I wish I would've gotten what his friend said once we were there in a group, very stirring memorial speech in his honor, but I ran out of space on my phone.

Motorhead350
06-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Sorry you lost your friend, but that's just dumb. I am so tired of hearing how people drink and drive. Then the result is people being shocked when something happens, what's where to be shocked about??? We all know what can and will happen. Being that he had a cobra, he would know better then most people how to handle alcohol consumption when owning a car.

I guess I am not one to judge being that I have never had a drink in my life. Its reasons like this that keep me off the bottle. Don't drink and drive you might spill your drink. Or as I say..

Don't drink and drive, drinking is overrated.

MrBluGruv
06-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Sorry you lost your friend, but that's just dumb. I am so tired of hearing how people drink and drive. Then the result is people being shocked when something happens, what's where to be shocked about??? We all know what can and will happen. Being that he had a cobra, he would know better then most people how to handle alcohol consumption when owning a car.

I guess I am not one to judge being that I have never had a drink in my life. Its reasons like this that keep me off the bottle. Don't drink and drive you might spill your drink. Or as I say..

Don't drink and drive, drinking is overrated.

You ain't telling me anything new brother, people don't get it when I say it's so frustrating to lose a friend to something so stupid and something they could have prevented themselves.

It was an "accident" in that he didn't intend to go off the road, but it wasn't really an accident in the larger sense cause he put himself squarely in that situation for something to go wrong.

It's because I miss him and cared about him that I'm so angry and frustrated though....

Jesse
06-12-2011, 07:41 PM
R.I.P.
I am very sorry to hear about that. At least he was wearing his seat belt.

Motorhead350
06-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Yeah I feel for you, not him. I understand your frustration.