PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Car Show

Haggis
01-08-2004, 09:47 AM
Coming up the week of January 15-19 2004 there will be a Car show at the Baltimore Convention Center. Here is a link to the show. http://www.motortrendautoshows.com/baltimore/calendar.html

Chris and will be heading down either on Saturday or Sunday (Jan. 17th or 18th). Can anyone else make it that weekend if so we can possibly have a mini meet there. GordonB, Merc, Mad-3R, Brutus, mdmarauder, Marader03 (Bob) did I forget anyone. Come one come all all are invited. After the show we can stop for eats and drinks.

Also on the same weekend is the World of Wheels Auto show at the new D.C. Convetion Center and the weekend after (Jan. 23-25) it will be at the Baltimore Convention Center.

merc
01-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Hum, sounds like a plan if the weather holds. Count me in.

MAD-3R
01-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Yeah...

rakkar
01-08-2004, 10:46 AM
I just joined the list, what a great resource. I would like to meet up with others at the Baltimore Car show if others are going. Either Sat or Sunday works for me.

Haggis
01-08-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by rakkar
I just joined the list, what a great resource. I would like to meet up with others at the Baltimore Car show if others are going. Either Sat or Sunday works for me.

Great to have you on board. We can make it either day which ever will be more convenient.

Where in Maryland are you located?

rakkar
01-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Southern Maryland, St. Mary's County.

I can do either day, flip a coin:)

Just let me know where and when to meet up.

O's Fan Rich
01-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by rakkar
Southern Maryland, St. Mary's County.

I can do either day, flip a coin:)

Just let me know where and when to meet up.

Hey! My Dad went to Charlotte Hall Military Academy down there. You anywhere near that "historic" site?

rakkar
01-08-2004, 02:22 PM
I am about 15 minutes from Charlotte Hall...small world!!!

jgc61sr2002
01-08-2004, 03:15 PM
rakkar - Welcome to the MM site. This site is addicting. Got to love it.:D :up:

Ladyhawke
01-08-2004, 08:56 PM
I will make the executive decision.

Let's plan to meet on Sunday, January 18th, at the auto show. We will meet at the Mercury section, by the Marauder of course, between 12:00 - 12:30. In case someone is running late we will check back by the MM at 2:00. If you would like our cell number, please PM me for it or send me your's.

Does anyone know of a good parking area? There are plenty of parking decks, but I don't think the cars around us will move over for us, like in the commercial. :D

Murader03
01-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Chris/Gordon and the Gang: Will plan on being there the 18th. Don't know if the Mrs. will be coming along though. Might be solo!

Haggis
01-09-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Murader03
Chris/Gordon and the Gang: Will plan on being there the 18th. Don't know if the Mrs. will be coming along though. Might be solo!

Glad to hear your coming Bob, try talking her into coming we will miss her if she doesn't come along.

Ok the rest of you out there in the area, we need to see how many members we can fit into a Marauder, so if your undecided you need to come so we can set a record. What better way then to use a car at a car show, we can tell them that we are just trying to see if the car will hold the whole family before we decided on buying one. ;)

See you there!!

GordonB
01-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Sounds like a plan for Sunday 18 Jan 12-12:30PM by the Marauder! I'll clear it witht he `boss' and confirm.
GordonB

GordonB
01-09-2004, 10:13 AM
BTW,
If we drive our `babies' (MMs), where do we park them SAFELY???? My wife will be VERY CONCERNED about leaving our babies unattended on the street or even in a garage. Ideas?
GordonB

O's Fan Rich
01-09-2004, 10:47 AM
You guys could meet at a "Park and Ride" location, park your pride and joys together there and take the light rail into the Convention Center?
There are police at each park and ride location. At least they are when I go to The Yard.
Just a thought, as i will not be able to get there.

Haggis
01-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Ladyhawke
Does anyone know of a good parking area? There are plenty of parking decks, but I don't think the cars around us will move over for us, like in the commercial. :D

Ok everyone, Chris was down in Baltimore on Friday and drove past the Parking Deck that we use. It is on Lombard street and there are usually plenty of parking spaces inside, I still don't know if we will be able to get all the cars together in a row.

So considering this, the condition of the streets in Baltimore, the traffic and other thing that can come up....We will not be brining our car to Baltimore on Sunday.

Hope to see you all there on Jan. 18th. at the Marauder between 12:00 and 12:30.

Gordon

Haggis
01-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Last count that I have is 8 Marauder owners with or without spouses or girlfriends.

Merc
Mad-3R
rakkar
GordonB
Brutus
mdmarauder
Murader03
Haggis/Ladyhawke

Hopefully the weather will be good and everyone can make it. Anyone else within a couple of hours of Baltimore, southern Pa., New Jersey or even NY want to show up, the more the better. Sounds like this is going to be our 2nd Capitial Area Meet. Hope to see everyonr there.

Haggis
01-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Here is the weather update from The Weather Channel for Sunday 18 Jan. 2004.

Sun
Jan 18 AM Light Wintry Mix 37°/19° 50 %

Chris and I are still planning on being there, the Marauder is staying home where it will be clean and safe. I hope that everyone else will still be able to make it to the car show. If not we will see about getting together when the weather gets warmer.

Murader03
01-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Well, the weather would not have been a problem. But, I'll be working both days, so won't be able to make the show and meet with all you fine folks. Hope to get together again soon.

Bigdogjim
01-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Hey it was looking like a nice day out for me and my Marauder! BUT you know it S-N-O-W on the way.See you next time. :eek: :mad2:

MAD-3R
01-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Me and mine will not be able to make it. Home repairs and such.

jgc61sr2002
01-16-2004, 03:12 PM
You all have a good time at the car show. :D

GordonB
01-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Sunday is starting to look doubtful. Wheather Channel is predicting 32 degrees with falling CRUD until NOON SUN. for our zip code and then they expect warmer temps and rain. We'll keep an eye out for the temps and falling stuff and hope things warm up earlier so we can go to Baltimore on SUN!!!!
GordonB

Haggis
01-16-2004, 10:00 PM
The weather for Saturday is suppose to be 34* and partly sunny. It is not to start snowing until 6p.m. Those who will be able to make it would you rather meet there on Saturday? Same time same place. I will pm those that do not get this in time and not to leave anyone hanging will be there Sunday also.

Haggis
01-18-2004, 08:10 PM
Well Ladyhawke and I made it to the car show and back with no problem both days even though the weather did not cooperate, but it was not as bad as it could have been.

Day 1, we met GordonB and his wife by the Marauder, it happened to be a DTR, I just can't win. Good news is I think I talked Chris out of buying another Marauder, bad news is she wants a 2005 Mustang, URGH!! We had a good time looking at the new cars and seeing what the different car companies had to offer. After we got tired of walking around we went across the street to the Wharf Rat to have dinner, the beer was good brewed on the premises. We must have sat the the bad service table it took them an hour to get our dinners. One table sat two different couples before we were done eating! The food was good and we got two beers on the house. We then said our good-byes and see you next time.

Day 2, Chris and I were running late again, what else is new. We met Merc and Mrs.Merc at the Marauder and we waited for the others and talked about our cars. After awhile we decided to move along and check out some more cars. Just to let you all know Merc has some peculiar tastes in cars and paint colors http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/n/smiliechicken.gif , but at least we agree on the Marauder. Merc and I made a trip to the dark side and he even had ideas about trading in his Marauder, but I was able to regain my senses and talk him out of it (pics to be posted in the gallery). For dinner we went back to the Wharf Rat and had better service only a 20 min. wait for our food and the beer was still good and I usually don't drink beer that often. We said good-bye and left for home.

Some of the cars we seen: GTO- still not impressed; Dodge Magnum- now that is a hugh station wagon with 20" tires; 2005 Mustang GT- Chris is now drooling over that; Ford GT- Now I liked that; SSR- What a piece of s**t; Cadillac CTS/V- 400hp luxury car and too many others to post here.

We will post all the pics soon and even the ones from the D.C. car show.

Haggis
01-27-2004, 06:33 AM
Some of the photos from the Baltimore Motor Trend Car Show (Jan 17-18)have now been upload in the Gallery under Event Photos.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php/cat/506/password/

jgc61sr2002
01-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Gordon & LadyHawk - Thanks for the pics. :up: :cool:

merc
01-27-2004, 04:47 PM
Wow, those are great pictures of the event. My favorite is of Mrs.Merc and me in the green VW. This car was in the running when reviewing new cars in 2002. As you know the Marauder was our choice.

Thanks

Gordan & Chris