PDA

View Full Version : more marauders

Black_Noise
07-02-2011, 01:26 PM
I always enjoy meeting other marauder owners.

Meet a blue owner a week ago (matt) just by chance at the BBQ fest across from my work, and today cruises through a ford lot and saw a silver with the windows cracked a hair to let the heat out so I figured it had to be someone working, asked a guy with a uniform on and he told me it was one of the mechanics, ended up meeting him too.

Always good to meet more marauder owners

We need to get a group meet going...

Black Dynamite
07-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Make it on a Sunday and I'd be there.

I've seen a couple of other ones here in CR, never met the owners though.

Black_Noise
07-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Its been a while since Ive seen you Owen.

What should be do? just meet up and eat, get to chat some? cruise around? pics?

Lets see if any other iowa marauders see this.

Baaad GN
07-02-2011, 09:30 PM
I thought there were only 3 Marauders in Iowa! :-)

Black Dynamite
07-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Its been a while since Ive seen you Owen.

What should be do? just meet up and eat, get to chat some? cruise around? pics?

Lets see if any other iowa marauders see this.

Well, all of that sounds like a good way to spend a Sunday. I know there's a scenic byway or two in the area. Maybe we could meet up and go for a cruise, stop and take some pics at a state park and grill some steaks?

Black_Noise
07-06-2011, 05:35 PM
that sounds good.... any other iowa guys interested?

CBT
07-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Take pics ! :beer:

TROY09
07-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Sounds fun. Let me know date and time.

Black_Noise
07-06-2011, 08:27 PM
end of the month?

soultosoul13
07-07-2011, 05:21 AM
good to meet you too ken. i assume troy was the guy at the ford dealership?
keep me posted on events, id be interested. some sunday would be great....

Black Dynamite
07-07-2011, 10:28 AM
end of the month?

Sunday the 31st works for me.:beer: How about this?
http://www.iowadot.gov/iowasbyways/iowa_valley.pdf

It winds it's way through the Amana colonies, which are quite picturesque. Ends in Marengo. I can find out if there's a restaurant there open on Sundays we could all grab a bite at after the drive. Otherwise I can track down a county park in the area and we could bring some food to grill.

Black_Noise
07-07-2011, 06:55 PM
^^ that looks like a good route, if everybody wanted to meet up in Marshalltown? Cruise around the route and end up in the amanas then maybe eat, pics... and then your closer to home Owen, and the DM guys could hit I-80 and be home in an 1 or 1.5 hrs from amana. Sounds like a good cruise to me for the end of the month.

soultosoul13
07-08-2011, 05:19 AM
sounds good to me, i should be able to make it....

TROY09
07-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Looks like that should work for me. Just need to know time and place to meet at?

Black Dynamite
07-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Meeting in Marshalltown is a good plan, it's easy for everyone to get to. It's a 70 mile cruise, probably take a couple of hours I'd guess. How does noon sound? Ken, you probably know the best place to meet in M-town.

Black_Noise
07-09-2011, 07:59 PM
yeah, if we wanna shoot for noon. I will find a spot for us to all meet up. Maybe the hy-vee gas station as they have good gas, cheap pop, and a clean bathroom if anyone needs.

Everyone make sure you have my number, if not pm me or I will you.

Ive got another marauder owner in mtown that might be tagging along with us, he isnt on the sites

Ms. Denmark
07-09-2011, 08:21 PM
^^ that looks like a good route, if everybody wanted to meet up in Marshalltown? Cruise around the route and end up in the amanas then maybe eat, pics... and then your closer to home Owen, and the DM guys could hit I-80 and be home in an 1 or 1.5 hrs from amana. Sounds like a good cruise to me for the end of the month.

Meeting in Marshalltown is a good plan, it's easy for everyone to get to. It's a 70 mile cruise, probably take a couple of hours I'd guess. How does noon sound? Ken, you probably know the best place to meet in M-town.
How about MaidRites? Great loose meat sandwiches and malts! BTW I just may try and meet you guys. I'll be In Iowa from 7/26-8/2. Was planning to get over to M-town anyway. Won't have my Marauder as I'm flying to Waterloo.

Black_Noise
07-09-2011, 08:43 PM
so what works for best for everybody? Saturday (30) or Sunday (31)?

Doesnt matter to me

Black_Noise
07-09-2011, 08:44 PM
How about MaidRites? Great loose meat sandwiches and malts! BTW I just may try and meet you guys. I'll be In Iowa from 7/26-8/2. Was planning to get over to M-town anyway. Won't have my Marauder as I'm flying to Waterloo.

Would be awsome to meet you, maybe ride along if you got time.

Maidrites would be good too.

Black Dynamite
07-09-2011, 11:07 PM
so what works for best for everybody? Saturday (30) or Sunday (31)?

Doesnt matter to me

I can't do Saturdays.

Ms Denmark, swing on over, we'd love to have you along!

Ms. Denmark
07-10-2011, 06:19 AM
Would be awsome to meet you, maybe ride along if you got time.

Maidrites would be good too.

I can't do Saturdays.

Ms Denmark, swing on over, we'd love to have you along! Thanks guys! My mom and niece will be along with me on this trip. I think I'd be free on Sunday the 31st. (We have a family reunion in Mason City on Sat.) My niece and I will try to get over to meet you, and if time allows, we would enjoy taking the cruise to the Amana's. (Beautiful drive) I'll be staying in Traer on Sat. night so would be about an hour' s drive to M-town I think. If I can get a phone number from someone, I'll call and let you know. And yeah, I do need a Maidrites fix! LOL!

Black_Noise
07-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Well there's 2 that can't do sat so let's just make it sun the 31st.

soultosoul13
07-11-2011, 05:19 AM
sunday at noon would work great for me.