PDA

View Full Version : MM Autocross in Indiana

MMM2003
01-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Hello there,

I have been talking with tirerack.com about a possible Summer Tire deal. At this point they can't offer any discounts, but offered to host an MM Autocross event at their private track in Southbend, IN.
Insurance will have to be purchased individually or group, if we get enough interest.

This is your chance to see what your MM can do using all of its potential, including the brakes, steering and acceleration.

Nothing against the Drag-Strip, but there is more to the MM than just going straight.

At this point I'm only trying to gage interest and find a date that would work for most midwestern MM owners.

April 10 & 11 (Easter weekend)

May 29 - not available, due to conflicting date with 2nd Eastern meet.

June 19 & 20 (Father's Day Weekend-great thing to do on Father's Day)

August 28 & 29

September 11 & 12

Please vote in above Poll, if you have a preferred date and post your reply with any thoughts and questions. I won't be able to answer much at this point, since we are just getting started.

The Southbend location, should be very convenient for most Detroit area, Indy, Chicago, WI and Ohio owners !

MERCMAN
01-09-2004, 07:29 AM
some of these dates are the same as the ones for Barry's eastern meet in Cleveland. It might be good to wait to vote until that date is set in stone. Just my .02. I am sure there will be some of the same members that will come to South Bend.

GarageMahal
01-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Sounds very interesting... I will see how these dates work in my schedule.

Thanks
jta

CRUZTAKER
01-09-2004, 04:11 PM
I would go to Indiana....but you should have looked at the prior schedules before you posted conflicting dates....

MMM2003
01-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Cruztaker - You are correct, I should have checked. I didn't. My bad. I honestly never changed the dates. My apologies !

It wasn't my intend to schedule something at the same time, that would be conflicting with other events in the making !

I'll just disregard any votes for May 2004, if there are any.

Mercman - The problem with waiting to vote is, that the above dates are filling up very quickly with Tirerack.com. I was hoping to get an idea which month would draw the most interest and be able to book something and than get more people involved.

I'm actually hoping to make the Memorial Day, 2nd Eastern meet myself. Just shows how much attention I paid ! Duh !!!

CRUZTAKER
01-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Cool, I just voted.....I'm there man:D

I love the folks at tire rack....and hell, I have bought so many tires and wheels from these folks...they owe me a good time :up:

dwasson
01-17-2004, 07:54 AM
What prep would we have to do to the car? Helmet? Roll cage? Fire extinguisher? Any other qualifications to run the cones?

Murader03
01-17-2004, 08:31 AM
I'm going to hold off voting until I can get a picture of our scheduled vacations within my area, with the rest of the guys and work sites we cover. So, after the middle of next month, I'll get back to the vote.:burnout:I ran several trips thru the cones when I had my '99 Cobra at one of the FORD SVT On-Track Events. Ran on the Nazerath PA. track. Had a blast, never got the Cobra out of first the entire run. Forgot to turn the T/C off the first two runs so it bogged several times when the wheels broke loose. Otherwise, the adrenlin was pumping! The only prep for those runs were a short tech check out for tire pressure, tire condition, and brakes. I was driving a vert, no rollbar, and a helmet was required for both the track and autocross. The had helmets at the track for loaners.

:beer::beer:

MMM2003
01-17-2004, 09:37 AM
............. The only prep for those runs were a short tech check out for tire pressure, tire condition, and brakes. I was driving a vert, no rollbar, and a helmet was required for both the track and autocross. The had helmets at the track for loaners.

Dwasson - What Murader03 said. That's about the all the requirements for an AutoX event. Very simple and anyone can participate.

CRUZTAKER
01-17-2004, 10:19 AM
As I said before, I am interested in this excursion. Would you be put out if I brought the Pinin Spider and a picture of the Marauder :banned:

MMM2003
01-17-2004, 10:56 AM
As I said before, I am interested in this excursion. Would you be put out if I brought the Pinin Spider and a picture of the Marauder :banned:

Any vehicle is welcome. I'd like to see as many MM's as possible, but would be nice to compete with some SS and CV guys!

Feel free to reference this on any other Midwest board, you might be a member off !