PDA

View Full Version : Wanted To Buy Blue Marauder with charcoal interior

Comin' in Hot
07-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Just as the title says, I'm looking for a DPB MM with the charcoal interior, no spoiler, and zero rust. My second choice would be a supercharged black MM. I'm willing to pay up to 18K for the right car.

SC Cheesehead
07-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Just as the title says, I'm looking for a DPB MM with the charcoal interior, no spoiler, and zero rust. My second choice would be a supercharged black MM. I'm willing to pay up to 18K for the right car.

Less than 120 of these exist.

Good luck with your search.

Spectragod
07-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Very few exist, good luck with your search....

SC Cheesehead
07-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah, we say that, and one pops up in Philly...:o

http://www.autoshopper.com/used-cars/2003_Mercury_Marauder_Base_Phi ladelphia_PA-7032017.htm

Bigdogjim
07-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Yeah, we say that, and one pops up in Philly...:o

http://www.autoshopper.com/used-cars/2003_Mercury_Marauder_Base_Phi ladelphia_PA-7032017.htm

Hey Rex that is the same car this member had a bank check in hand to pick up and he got the dealership they said"sorry we sold it"

Now in the first thread that Whitman40 started I said I would stop by the dealer on Friday 7/8/11 well I did and what a hole in the wall so to speak. The lot is about 5 cars across and 6 cars deep, chain lik fence with gate in front looking at the place sidestreet on left building on right where the office is. SO if you want a car that say it 4 deep they will moving cars all day to get:( Frankford Ave where they ar is 4 lanes with turn lane in the middle and it busy:help:

SC Cheesehead
07-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Hey Rex that is the same car this member had a bank check in hand to pick up and he got the dealership they said"sorry we sold it"

Now in the first thread that Whitman40 started I said I would stop by the dealer on Friday 7/8/11 well I did and what a hole in the wall so to speak. The lot is about 5 cars across and 6 cars deep, chain lik fence with gate in front looking at the place sidestreet on left building on right where the office is. SO if you want a car that say it 4 deep they will moving cars all day to get:( Frankford Ave where they ar is 4 lanes with turn lane in the middle and it busy:help:

Ahhhhh, gotcha.

Well then, like I said in my initial post, a DBP/DC is gonna be hard to find...;)

Bigdogjim
07-09-2011, 03:00 PM
I think it would be easy just to paint a black one blue:):):)

Comin' in Hot
07-10-2011, 06:20 AM
I know of the rarity of a dpb w/ dc interior but last week there were 2 for sale, I almost bought the one in Wisconsin until I saw the pictures of the underside, I didnt want to be chasing rust the rest of my life.

Bluerauder
07-10-2011, 06:30 AM

Only 113 Blue MM with Dark Charcoal interior were made. Probably less than 56-57 still on the road due to attrition. Maybe slightly more since it is a known fact that Blue MMs are better cared for. ;)

CROWNMARAUDER
07-10-2011, 07:05 AM
I just saw a blue listed in Hemmings. 9400 miles & asking $22k. It didn't say what color interior. It is in michigan.

Spectragod
07-10-2011, 08:07 AM
I think it would be easy just to paint a black one blue:):):)

And.... most all the black ones had paint issues it seems, so that would be an "upgrade"....

Bigdogjim
07-10-2011, 08:18 AM
And.... most all the black ones had paint issues it seems, so that would be an "upgrade"....

Black paint is a tuff color in hid any imperfections IMHO. However they was a screw up at the factory the first two weeks in Aug. of '02 that caused a lot of grief for black owners.

Comin' in Hot
07-10-2011, 10:54 AM
I just saw a blue listed in Hemmings. 9400 miles & asking $22k. It didn't say what color interior. It is in michigan.

Thanks, I just called about it. I talked to the owners wife and the car is still available. I asked about the interior color and she said it was dark blue. I'm thinking this is a possible dark charcoal car. It's a little more than i want to spend, but I might have to figure out how to make this work.

Spectragod
07-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks, I just called about it. I talked to the owners wife and the car is still available. I asked about the interior color and she said it was dark blue. I'm thinking this is a possible dark charcoal car. It's a little more than i want to spend, but I might have to figure out how to make this work.

22k, for 1 of 120 or so cars, and it has nearly no miles, ante' up the 4k and buy it, that is a deal....

Comin' in Hot
07-10-2011, 02:28 PM
22k, for 1 of 120 or so cars, and it has nearly no miles, ante' up the 4k and buy it, that is a deal....

I am working on it

Spectragod
07-10-2011, 02:32 PM
I am working on it

That's awesome, I hope you get it, it sounds like the exact car that you are looking for, post up some pics if you get it. :beer:

Bigdogjim
07-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Skip the other deal I got one for you:)

MMANIAC
07-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Unfortunately my Blue Marauder is sitting in the driveway with a broken secondary
cam chain.... BTW the paint on all the horizontal surfaces sucked (Built in 12- 02)
I had to have the hood, roof, and rear deck stripped and re-painted.
It had something wrong with the metal prep right from the factory.
Good luck

Vortech347
07-13-2011, 11:54 AM
They are out there. I was looking for one hard core when I found the Silver I have now. Then of course, after I buy my Silver 3 blue's pop up in the classifieds the following week. :alone:

omarauder
07-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Offer 17 or 18k and go from there...you might "meet" in the middle.

J-MAN
07-13-2011, 03:32 PM

That one has been for sale for at least three years. At least he's dropped his price from 24k. At this rate it will be in your price range in another decade.

Comin' in Hot
07-13-2011, 07:31 PM
That one has been for sale for at least three years. At least he's dropped his price from 24k. At this rate it will be in your price range in another decade.

It's a good possiblity that I'm going to buy this one, I just won't be able to commit to it for a few more weeks, if it's there when I'm ready, it was meant to be, if it isn't then I'll keep looking

J-MAN
07-13-2011, 08:52 PM
It's a good possiblity that I'm going to buy this one, I just won't be able to commit to it for a few more weeks, if it's there when I'm ready, it was meant to be, if it isn't then I'll keep looking

If you will be flying in, check with me as I may be able to provide ground transportation depending on my schedule.

cpe6
07-17-2011, 12:43 AM
Thats going to be a hard combination to find. Saw one at AudioDrivens' auto show last weekend in Oak Forest, Il and it was a beauty.

Comin' in Hot
07-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Thats going to be a hard combination to find. Saw one at AudioDrivens' auto show last weekend in Oak Forest, Il and it was a beauty.

I know of 2 that were sold last month and I have leads on 2 more, they are out there if you look. If everything goes right I will have one next week.

packardbob
07-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Keep on trying and don't settle for something you aren't sure you will like. I was in the same boat you were last year right at this time and almost settled for DTR. All of a sudden I see a DPB in Ann Arbor. The seller is an engineer for Ford so it came with a few extra goodies. So if you keep at it you should get lucky.

WhatsUpDOHC
08-11-2011, 05:55 PM

Dude - You've got a DPB with Flight Flint on eBay with this item number:

Mark

tom blahous
08-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Yep good luck on the one in hemmings lester has had that for sale for yrs,obviously aint going to budge on price good luck!!!

tom blahous
08-11-2011, 06:27 PM
It,s also strange how many blues are from michigan, I purchased mine from a small ford dealer and drove it back to florida almost 2 yrs ago, some where i heard most are in mi,and fl duno??

tom blahous
08-11-2011, 06:29 PM
And the paints gone to crap!!!! So dpb,s paint aint no better as far as im concerned!!

Shaijack
08-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Never saw a Blue in Louisiana until mine arrived. Rex I would sell him mine but it has the wrong color interior. HAHA

SC Cheesehead
08-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Never saw a Blue in Louisiana until mine arrived. Rex I would sell him mine but it has the wrong color interior. HAHA

Mine ain't going anywhere, unless it's into storage... ;)

MMBLUE
08-12-2011, 04:00 AM

Actually, there was a guy in slidell who had one and sold it about a year ago. I took it for a spin. It was for sale locally and someone else in the area has it.

Shaijack
08-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Slidell is like another state. We call it the up north city. I never knew that. Would have saved me a trip to Chicago. not

SC Cheesehead
08-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Slidell is like another state. We call it the up north city. I never knew that. Would have saved me a trip to Chicago. not

I'd have to say the same thing for LPP... ;)

cpe6
08-12-2011, 09:45 AM
if you find one in good shape i would buy it; saw a guy at a sound show in crestwood a few weeks and i offered to buy he wasnt selling most guys i know with perfect blue ones are holding on to them.

soultosoul13
08-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Mine ain't going anywhere, unless it's into storage... ;)

i think ill hang onto mine too....:cool4: