PDA

View Full Version : Marauderville 9: Special guest appearance!!

MM03MOK
08-19-2011, 03:47 PM
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Once again, Steve Babcock and his lovely wife, Carol, will be attending Marauderville!! Steve and Carol will arrive on Friday early evening.

As many know, even going back to the first Round-Up in Ennis TX (before it was called "Marauderville"), Steve loves to talk about the Marauder Project. Ask those that stood in the rain after the car show at MV7!!! We will welcome Steve to speak to the group, possibly at the awards ceremony on Saturday.

So, here is your opportunity to meet and greet Steve and Carol Babcock, but you must attend MV9 to do so.

We are currently at 39 attendees. We do expect double that so there's no reason to wait any longer!!!

Register here ==> http://maraudervillenine.eventbrite.c om/?ref=ebtn

Book your hotel ==>
The Central Hotel and Conference Center.
800 East Park Drive
Harrisburg PA, 17111.
To make reservations, Call (717) 561-2800
Ask for the "Marauderville IX group block"

guspech750
08-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Sweet!! Look foreward to this even more now!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

boatmangc
08-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Talk him into visiting SSHS11!!

FastMerc
08-19-2011, 07:16 PM
That is so cool,I always like chatting with Steve.It be good to see him again... :)

Bigdogjim
08-20-2011, 12:08 AM
I can tell Ya this never ever get old!

Steve is the coolest car guy on the planet:up:

Blackened300a
08-20-2011, 07:03 AM
Plus you can have the man himself sign your car.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/blackened300a/Marauderville7/7d00db64.jpg

Ms. Denmark
08-20-2011, 07:10 AM

Bring a Silver permanent marker...

MM03MOK
08-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Bring a Silver permanent marker...
I have plenty of those...remind me to bring them. I buy a pack each year! :D

SMOKE
08-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Where's the "like" button ;)

Best,
Jonathan

CBT
08-22-2011, 06:08 AM
Awesome! I totally forgot I got that shirt signed by him, I'll have to bring it! :beer:

MM03MOK
08-22-2011, 06:10 AM
Awesome! I totally forgot I got that shirt signed by him, I'll have to bring it! :beer:
You BETTER bring it and WEAR it too! :D

guspech750
08-22-2011, 09:27 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/blackened300a/Marauderville7/7d00db64.jpg

Maybe I'll have him sign my dashboard. So I can see it and enjoy it all the time.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

CBT
08-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Maybe I'll have him sign my dashboard. So I can see it and enjoy it all the time.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Maybe I'll have him sign my back bumper, so you can see it and enjoy it all the time.
Luv yooooooooo!

SC Cheesehead
08-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Maybe I'll have him sign my back bumper, so you can see it and enjoy it all the time.
Luv yooooooooo!

:rofl: JOCULARITY! :lol:

guspech750
08-22-2011, 11:43 AM
Maybe I'll have him sign my leather underwear so you can see it and enjoy it all the time.
Luv yooooooooo!
Fixed it for bro!! :lol:

---
- Sent from my iPhone

ctrlraven
08-22-2011, 12:01 PM

If I can make it, that's where I would have him sign mine.

Papillon
08-22-2011, 12:22 PM
If I can make it, that's where I would have him sign mine.

I hope you CAN make it so I can finally meet you! Paul talks about you all the time (don't get jealous Doomie :D) and I'd LOOOOOOVE to see you guys race at the drag strip!

:beer:

ctrlraven
08-22-2011, 12:33 PM
I hope you CAN make it so I can finally meet you! Paul talks about you all the time (don't get jealous Doomie :D) and I'd LOOOOOOVE to see you guys race at the drag strip!

:beer:
I hope I can make it as well, at the moment it doesn't look like I'll be able to. It's either fix the MM and have it tuned right or possibly have something happen to the car after I beat Paul at the track. :lol: It would be nice to meet you as well too! I know my girlfriend wants to go if it works out that I can make it.

Things are still up in the air right now, just have to wait and see.

Papillon
08-22-2011, 12:40 PM
I hope I can make it as well, at the moment it doesn't look like I'll be able to. It's either fix the MM and have it tuned right or possibly have something happen to the car after I beat Paul at the track. :lol: It would be nice to meet you as well too! I know my girlfriend wants to go if it works out that I can make it.

Hahahaa!!! You're a funny guy! ;) Lol

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys to make it! We'd have a great time!

ctrlraven
08-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Hahahaa!!! You're a funny guy! ;) Lol

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys to make it! We'd have a great time!
I keep reminding Paul that he had to go buy another engine and some more mods just to beat me. I'm still on a 161k mile stock motor with less mods than him and still faster. :burnout:

Thanks! I'm keeping mine crossed as well!

Blackened300a
08-22-2011, 01:45 PM
I keep reminding Paul that he had to go buy another engine and some more mods just to beat me. I'm still on a 161k mile stock motor with less mods than him and still faster. :burnout:

Thanks! I'm keeping mine crossed as well!

You also have to run smaller tires to get more gear, I made my runs on street tires and a leaky intake manifold. ;)

guspech750
08-22-2011, 01:47 PM

MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! Do it!! Do it!! Do it!! :)

---
- Sent from my iPhone

ctrlraven
08-22-2011, 02:52 PM
You also have to run smaller tires to get more gear, I made my runs on street tires and a leaky intake manifold. ;)
Correction.... I DID have to run smaller tires. I used those when I had 3.55 gears. I know my tune is off when I went from 13.72 and then added, 4.10 gears, almost full exhaust and what I thought was a dyno tune with good trans parameters and ran the smaller tires for snickers and laughs and mustarded out a 13.630.

Talking about all this so much is driving up the urge to make this grudge match happen. :lol:

I really don't want to pull out my credit card for this... maybe I can sweet talk the girlfriend.... lol

CBT
08-22-2011, 02:59 PM
You will all bow to The Blue !!

guspech750
08-22-2011, 06:26 PM
You will all bow to The Blue !!

Bowing in laughter as you will lose to a DTR!! :lol:

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Papillon
08-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Talking about all this so much is driving up the urge to make this grudge match happen. :lol:

I really don't want to pull out my credit card for this... maybe I can sweet talk the girlfriend.... lol

DO IT! DO IT!! DO IT!!!!!! Lol! Dude, it's only 65 bucks for 5 days of FUN!!!! C'MOOOONNN!!!!!

It'll be the race of the century!!! And it will all be captured on tape so you'll NEVER be able to live down the loss! :D ;)

FastMerc
08-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Well who put the target on Pauls hood dang!

Papillon
08-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Marauderville 9 = October 12 - 16.

Hotel fee = $95/day WITH FREE DELICIOUS HOT BREAKFAST!

Registration fee = ONLY $65!!!!

Enjoying 4 days of awesome museum tours, a 45 minute train ride, a car show, a banquet dinner/horse racing and some gambling and most importantly, hanging out with old friends & making new ones = PRICELESS

So what the heck are you waiting for?!?!!!!

http://gupta9665.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/sww2011_registernow.png?w=276&h=109 http://maraudervillenine.eventbrite.c om/?ref=ebtn

MM03MOK
09-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Don't miss this opportunity to meet the Father of the Marauder Program - Steve Babcock!!

Just a reminder to those that have not registered......

Whether you're joining us Wednesday to Sunday or only Saturday to Sunday, the registration price is the same. The full event per person is valued at $150. The Saturday Banquet and Sunday Farewell Breakfast together is $65. Plus the goodie bag and t-shirt too!! MM.Net has significantly contributed to cover the additional costs of the entire event. Our Supporting Vendors have made many generous donations of items for our onsite raffle. With over 100 people in attendance, the logistic will be complex. All the more reason we need EVERYONE to register if you are attending any portion of the event.

Please join us! You will not regret it, I can guarantee that!!! This will be my eighth Marauderville!! The Planning Team has worked tirelessly for almost a year to plan an amazing time! My hats off to the Team!! :2thumbs:

SC Cheesehead
09-21-2011, 10:40 AM
^^^^^ What Bunny said! ^^^^^

If you've never met Steve Babcock, it's worth the registration cost for that privilage alone.

Cookies (tip of the hat to Ms. D.), free beer (thanks to BDJ), non-stop entertainment (kudos to CBT) and back rubs (attaboy, Joe!), what's not to love!

71cyclone
09-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Dually Noted- A real bargain

guspech750
09-21-2011, 12:28 PM
^^^^^ What Bunny said! ^^^^^

If you've never met Steve Babcock, it's worth the registration cost for that privilage alone.

Cookies (tip of the hat to Ms. D.), free beer (thanks to BDJ), non-stop entertainment (kudos to CBT) and back rubs (attaboy, Joe!), what's not to love!

Casey has been keeping my fingers "limber" so I may perform great back rubs. I also have perfected the back rub with my tongue!!:D

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Go2GuyFL
09-21-2011, 12:52 PM
How cool! ... and I just completed our registration for four.

SC Cheesehead
09-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Casey has been keeping my fingers "limber" so I may perform great back rubs. I also have perfected the back rub with my tongue!!:D

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Nice, bubba; very nice... ;) -----> :D

WhatsUpDOHC
09-21-2011, 03:44 PM
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Once again, Steve Babcock and his lovely wife, Carol, will be attending Marauderville!! Steve and Carol will arrive on Friday early evening.

As many know, even going back to the first Round-Up in Ennis TX (before it was called "Marauderville"), Steve loves to talk about the Marauder Project. Ask those that stood in the rain after the car show at MV7!!! We will welcome Steve to speak to the group, possibly at the awards ceremony on Saturday.

So, here is your opportunity to meet and greet Steve and Carol Babcock, but you must attend MV9 to do so.

This is going to be great!

Do I remember reading that we might collect questions to ask Steve?

Mark

Ms. Denmark
09-21-2011, 03:57 PM
This is going to be great!

Do I remember reading that we might collect questions to ask Steve?

Mark Yes Mark! We hope to have a Q&A after/during his remarks. I believe he will speak on Saturday. We're very excited to have him this year!!

HammerDown
09-21-2011, 06:06 PM

---
- Sent from my iPhone

come 'on "Birdman" just get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter wuz up wit your car........................... .

CBT
09-21-2011, 06:14 PM
come 'on "Birdman" just get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter wuz up wit your car........................... .
Yeah man, what she said! Hitch a ride when a Marauder rolls past, someone near you is bound to be going. :beer:

HammerDown
09-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Yeah man, what she said! Hitch a ride when a Marauder rolls past, someone near you is bound to be going. :beer:

Right!!!! My "new" "old" 'rauder stills need a little bit of TLC, but I'm driving it there:):)

Be there or be SQUARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D: D

SC Cheesehead
09-22-2011, 06:34 AM
Right!!!! My "new" "old" 'rauder stills need a little bit of TLC, but I'm driving it there:):)

Be there or be SQUARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D: D

^^^^^ That's what I'm talkin' about! ^^^^^^^

http://www.inspirationbit.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/nike_just_do_it.jpg

DOOM
09-22-2011, 08:03 AM

You can ride up in the "DOOMSDAY" machine! :D :burn:

Blackened300a
09-22-2011, 08:11 AM

Does this mean you are attending? Hotel is pretty much sold out and registration is ending very soon.

Bluerauder
09-22-2011, 08:36 AM

Does this mean you are attending? Hotel is pretty much sold out and registration is ending very soon.

Inquiring minds want to know??? :o

Captain Dynball
09-22-2011, 08:43 AM
So wish I could make it....

Ms. Denmark
09-22-2011, 09:06 AM
You can ride up in the "DOOMSDAY" machine! :D :burn: If I can help with your plans please call or PM.:beer:

DOOM
09-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Luv yooooooooo!

Now that right there is funny!!! :laugh: :rofl:

DOOM
09-24-2011, 03:54 PM
It was really cool meeting Steve at MV7 and having him judge our cars!
Paid me the highest compliment ever when I met him! :bows: :nworthy:
Super nice guy! :2thumbs:
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad47/DOOMIE/d721ca9f.jpg

Bigdogjim
09-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Go For It !!

HammerDown
09-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Inquiring minds want to know??? :o

Huh? Huh? Doomie, Huh? Huh?

You gonna be there????????????????????????? ??????

Huh? Huh? Huh?

SC Cheesehead
09-25-2011, 08:19 AM
It was really cool meeting Steve at MV7 and having him judge our cars!
Paid me the highest compliment ever when I met him! :bows: :nworthy:
Super nice guy! :2thumbs:
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad47/DOOMIE/d721ca9f.jpg

What did he say Jake, "I hear your car is faster than Pops..." :dunno:

;) ------> :D