PDA

View Full Version : Part # for magnaflows?

duhtroll
01-13-2004, 06:33 PM
Howdy --

Can I get a part number for both the 18" and the 20" magnaflows people have been using? I can't seem to find it (search ain't workin' yet) and want to order some soon.

Thanks,
-A

TAF
01-13-2004, 07:13 PM
I think it's the #14365 that you'll find here http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/ss.htm

for the 18"...I don't know of anyone using the 20".

Hope this helps.

NOTE: I'm still figuring out how to insert a hyperlink to a webpage...

SergntMac
01-13-2004, 08:09 PM
The 20 inch Magnaflows do not fit an MM.

duhtroll
01-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Bonk me on the head if I'm wrong, but the #14365 says in/out is 2.25" Don't we want 2.5" for that? Or does the measurement need to be 0.25" in order to fit the connectors?

Thanks,
-A

SergntMac
01-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Bonk me on the head if I'm wrong, but the #14365 says in/out is 2.25" Don't we want 2.5" for that? Or does the measurement need to be 0.25" in order to fit the connectors? Thanks,-A
Okay, consider yourself "bonked" because your reply deserves a bonk.

WTF are you connecting these new Magnaflow mufflers too? Do you have a 2.5 OD exhaust pipe in place, such as what would come from a Reinhart "Cobra" exhaust kit, or, the Kook's kit. Are you connecting to the 2.0" OD OEM exhaust pipe? Our answers depend on your situation, and you didn't give us enough 411 on that.

Either way, the input to the muffler is where you need to be concerned, the 2.25" exit OD is not a problem. What part number you need, depends on what exhaust pipe you have, okay? Care to tell us more?

duhtroll
01-13-2004, 08:23 PM
This would be for the Reinhart exhaust x-pipe. Sorry about that - I knew we were discussing it before so I assumed you could read my mind.

Whassamatter, not clairvoyant yet, Mac? :baaa:

Thanks,
-A

TAF
01-14-2004, 05:47 AM
This would be for the Reinhart exhaust x-pipe. Sorry about that - I knew we were discussing it before so I assumed you could read my mind.

Whassamatter, not clairvoyant yet, Mac? :baaa:

Thanks,
-A

Keep in mind that Dennis' X-pipe (and everyone elses except Kooks which comes complete with the 18" Magnaflows attached) needs 2.5" custom pipes to get back from the X to the position of the mufflers. If you don't do this, you then need to use your stock pipes (from the stock H-pipe back) which can create a bottle-neck.

Therefore you would need a 2 1/2" in & out. Check me on this Mac for accuracy, please.

SergntMac
01-14-2004, 12:59 PM
I agree with TAF. If you have the Reinhart Cobra exhaust that were once connected to the OEM muffler, you need to upgrade the connector pipe to 2.5" OD. It's about 14 inches long, from the flange back to the muffler. If you do, and add the Magnaflows, it's another 7-10 HP.

If you don't want to get into all that, select a set of Magnaflows with a 2.0" OD inlet that will match the pipes you have in place. The outlet to the tailpipe can be anything you wish, it's not that critical at this junction. BTW, the OEM tailpipes are 2.25"OD. The correct Magnaflows should offset the input towards the center of the vehicle, and center output.

duhtroll
01-14-2004, 01:13 PM
Actually I ordered the Reinhart exhaust before Christmas (during the sale) and am waiting to receive it yet. I probably will wait until spring and install it, the mufflers, and pulleys all at the same time. Then maybe a sway bar and driveshaft along with a tranny kit this summer. Then something else because you guys have me treating this like an addiction. :)

As far as waiting, what the heck, can't go over 89 MPH on the snows anyway . . ..

:bigcry:

duhtroll
01-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Whoops - just noticed something. Todd said 14365, so if that goes to in/out of 2.5 it should be 14366. That I got after repeated head pounding.

The Sarge says center input, offset output. The 14365 and 14366 are offset/offset. Center/offset would be 14355 and 14356 for the 2.25/2.5 respectively. Which is it?

Sorry to be such a hassle on this. With the amount of work and family funeral arranging going on here this week (grandmother passed away - HUGE family staying at my house/in the area) I am not able to really concentrate.

On a Chicago note, the burial will be in Elmhurst at Mt. Emblem cemetery Saturday afternnoon and I will be driving up there along with 30+ family members to meet about 30 more there. So I at least have the perfect car for the procession. If you see the MM with Iowa plates on the highway be sure to wave. :)

Thanks again guys,
-A

I agree with TAF. If you have the Reinhart Cobra exhaust that were once connected to the OEM muffler, you need to upgrade the connector pipe to 2.5" OD. It's about 14 inches long, from the flange back to the muffler. If you do, and add the Magnaflows, it's another 7-10 HP.

If you don't want to get into all that, select a set of Magnaflows with a 2.0" OD inlet that will match the pipes you have in place. The outlet to the tailpipe can be anything you wish, it's not that critical at this junction. BTW, the OEM tailpipes are 2.25"OD. The correct Magnaflows should center input, and offset to the outside of the car for the output.

johnjamis
01-23-2004, 07:39 AM
Hi duhtroll, I will have the 18" magnaflows for sale in a few weeks. They have the 2.5" inlet and proper outlet and offset to weld up to our tailpipes. Let me know if you are interested. They are a little too loud for my wife!!!

BillyGman
01-26-2004, 07:38 AM
Just keep in mind when you order the magnaflow muffs that they make 18" straight-thru design ones, as well as 18" baffled ones, and if you're looking for that great hi-perf sound that my car has, TAF's car, as well as others' MM's have who use the magnaflows, then you want the 18" straight-thru design, NOT the baffled ones.

johnjamis
01-26-2004, 08:31 AM
Good point Billy. Also, the magnaflow people told me that their baffled muffler is actually louder than our 18" straight through glass pack muffler. John

BillyGman
01-26-2004, 09:13 AM
Good point Billy. Also, the magnaflow people told me that their baffled muffler is actually louder than our 18" straight through glass pack muffler. John

I'm very surprised to hear that. I don't know how that can be. The whole point of the baffles is to muffle the sound more. Right? :confused:

johnjamis
01-26-2004, 09:21 AM
It surprised me too. But, I called them because I was looking for quieter and their tech guy said the baffled muffler sounds different and is acually louder than our !8" glasspack. John

BillyGman
01-26-2004, 09:45 AM
It surprised me too. But, I called them because I was looking for quieter and their tech guy said the baffled muffler sounds different and is acually louder than our !8" glasspack. John

very interesting. One thing that I really like about the 18" straight-thru design Magnaflow, is that I don't get any of that flutter, or crackling and popping noises out of them immediately after letting off of the gas pedal and after a hard acceleration like you get w/many free flowing aftermarket mufflers. Maybe that's what you would get w/the baffled magnaflows if they are infact louder.