PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Eastern Regional-final poll

CRUZTAKER
01-13-2004, 08:18 PM
I have been recommended to narrow down the close date poll for the 'CLEVELAND ROCKS' 2nd Annual Eastern Regional meet.

We ask that all the folks that voted for dates other than the two now listed above, and EVERYONE that is still interested in attending vote again.

Please be aware that many folks can't make the Memorial Day weekend for a variety of reasons. Jessica and I have nudgingly changed our votes to the week prior to assist those folks. I personally needed monday to recover and clean up, but I would rather see more people show.

I / we now leave it up to the democracy ;) Now let's vote :rock:

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=510/627Rock_Hall-med.jpg

MM03MOK
01-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Barry - are you asking those voting for the first two choices to just post their preferences in this thread or are you starting a new poll for all to vote again? Some that voted for Memorial Day weekend might want to change their vote too.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">April 30, May 1,2 </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/polls/bar2-l.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/polls/bar2.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/polls/bar2-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>6</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>17.14%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">May 14,15,16 </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/polls/bar3-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>3</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>8.57%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

CRUZTAKER
01-13-2004, 08:30 PM
....everyone is hereby requested to vote again. :beer:

There is a new option that allows the votes and voters to be public. This will make it easier to see who may be coming.....gotta love the new site!

MM03MOK
01-13-2004, 08:36 PM
Stupid! I mean Cool! Guess I just jumped the gun!

FYI: after you vote, to see who else voted, click on the number to the right.

Haggis
01-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Well I hope it works out this time. It seems like there is at least one in every crowd that has to go against the grain. :nono: The only problem is that it is usually me!! :D See you in May.

Give our regards to Jessica and Gage.

Gordon & Chris.

Bigdogjim
01-14-2004, 04:22 PM
OK! I'am in . Bags are packed, I'am ready!

THis cold weather sucks! :baaa: :baaa:

MM03MOK
01-15-2004, 10:09 AM
:banana: Refresh!! :banana:

Don't forget to vote!! It can only get better with you joining us!!

Jessica
01-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Poll ends on the 23rd, still waiting to hear from some folks.

Ladyhawke
01-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Poll ends on the 23rd, still waiting to hear from some folks.

Hi Jessica, Sorry to hear that you won't be able to go to Indy. But we will be seeing you in May. Chris

Murader03
01-17-2004, 07:48 AM
At this point in time, mid January, and the current preference on the date, Dot and I are looking forward to being at the meet. :cool:

CRUZTAKER
01-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Poll closes in a few hours, can I assume that those who voted are the only folks making this meet?

It's gonna be easy to feed 16 people...too easy;)

Haggis
01-24-2004, 07:04 AM
Is it offical then, the dates? That just means more Scotch for those that do show! :banana:

Barry, you had stated earlier that there is a motel close to your house. How far? Is it new or old? CLEAN? Do you know the room rates and are you able to set aside a block of rooms for those of us that plan on coming?

See you in May. Party, party!! :beer:

If there is anyone in the D.C. area or from points south or east, that are planning on attending and would like to hook up, please PM me. We can discuss a time and place to meet.

CRUZTAKER
01-24-2004, 08:25 AM
May 21,22,23...is the official date.
Now let's pray for good weather.

I will post hotel options and maps this evening. There are a dozen big name hotels 5 miles north of me and a few 6 miles south. One of the ones south of me is a brand new for 2003 Hampton Inn. It is located on SR21 (exit 11) off the Ohio turnpike-80 (I-77 interchange 146*). I will scope it out personally today, and inquire within. This is a real nice area, deep in the woodsy suburbs, and safe.
*This is a new interchange, and may not show up on maps.

The area north of me is very comercialized, Rockside Rd., I-480/I-77 interchange. It is the bussiness travelers hub for south cleveland, very congested, very busy, and although I'm not saying unsafe, my ex did have her car stolen from a hotel lot there many years ago.

Either location puts us less than 12 miles from downtown Cleveland, and 3 to 4 miles from my place. I am on Wallings Rd., exit 151 off I-77, 1/8 mile off the highway, west.

martyo
01-24-2004, 08:30 AM
and although I'm not saying unsafe, my ex did have her car stolen from a hotel lot there many years ago.
Barry, you wouldn't have had anything to do with this would you???

MM03MOK
02-04-2004, 09:07 AM
Barry - I know you've been out of town...just refreshing this.

Is this the hotel? Hampton Inn Richfield, OH
http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=AJKOXGA JRAPOGCSGBIV2VCQKIYFC5UUC?ctyh ocn=RFDOHHX

AAA rate is $80-$98; Standard rate is $89-$109. The Hampton Inns don't have a restaurant or bar - not that we can't find them elsewhere. ;) The Lobby/Buffet eating area looks nice but we'll have to keep our voices down. :D
Let us know what other hotel options are in the area.

Area Restaurants:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=528 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=adtformtext>Richfield Family Restaurant </TD></TR><TR><TD class=adtformtext>Burger King </TD></TR><TR><TD class=adtformtext>Chi-Chi </TD></TR><TR><TD class=adtformtext>Applebee's </TD></TR><TR><TD class=adtformtext>Cracker Barrel </TD></TR><TR><TD class=adtformtext>Macaroni Grill </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

May 21,22,23...is the official date.
Now let's pray for good weather.

I will post hotel options and maps this evening. There are a dozen big name hotels 5 miles north of me and a few 6 miles south. One of the ones south of me is a brand new for 2003 Hampton Inn. It is located on SR21 (exit 11) off the Ohio turnpike-80 (I-77 interchange 146*). I will scope it out personally today, and inquire within. This is a real nice area, deep in the woodsy suburbs, and safe.
*This is a new interchange, and may not show up on maps.

SergntMac
02-04-2004, 11:14 AM
This all looks so cool to me

When do we book?

What are the plans, if any for Sunday the 23rd?

CRUZTAKER
02-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I'm still on the road.....

I optioned this Hampton for three reasons; brand new, proximity, safety. There is a Holiday Inn right next door. It's been there a long time. I actually stayed there the night of Jessica and my marriage as it was 2 country blocks from dad's house where the ceremony took place. From what I remember.....oh hell, I can't remember anything! I think it's ok.

The other options Mary, are several hotels at the Rockside Rd., Independence, Ohio area at the intersection of I-480, I-77, and Rockside Rd.

Let me know what you think, it's really tough right now trying to do this with only 2 days at home a week to get everything done. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Mac, hold tight. This area is not hard to get booked in advance. When we find the appropriate place, I will solicite them in person, and try to work even a better deal.

Bigdogjim
02-05-2004, 01:11 AM
Poll closes in a few hours, can I assume that those who voted are the only folks making this meet?

It's gonna be easy to feed 16 people...too easy;)
Barry I have seen Marty eat:depress:

Not a pretty sight:cry:

Don't forget I'm growing Big Dog:banana: :banana: :beer:

Haggis
02-05-2004, 05:43 AM
Barry I have seen Marty eat:depress:

Not a pretty sight:cry:

Don't forget I'm growing Big Dog:banana: :banana: :beer:

No problem BigDog, by that time I might be able to supply some haggis! :lol:

MM03MOK
02-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Check these two out.

Amerisuites Independence:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=s1 vAlign=top align=left>6025 Jefferson Drive (off West Creek Rd.)</TD></TR><TR><TD id=s1 vAlign=top align=left>Independence, OH 44131</TD></TR><TR><TD id=s1 vAlign=top align=left>Tel: (216) 328-1060</TD></TR><TR><TD id=s1 vAlign=top align=left>Fax: (216) 328-1071</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.amerisuites.com/hotels/ajid.shtml

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center:
5300 Rockside Road , Independence, OH, US, 44131
Phone: (216) 524-0700
Fax: (216) 524-6477
http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/hotel/OH286

CRUZTAKER
02-07-2004, 09:14 PM
This all looks so cool to me

When do we book?

What are the plans, if any for Sunday the 23rd?

OK everyone, tomorrow I visit hotels in person....and as long as I'm down off canal road stop at the feed mill. Err, bird feed that is. Anyway, I'll post tomorrow in regards to my findings and let you all figure what ammenities suit you.

As far as Sunday, I was having trouble figuring out that day since some folks have a drive, and may have to work. Jessica suggested the National Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. Just a thought, I can think of others....let us know eh?

CRUZTAKER
02-08-2004, 01:02 PM
I spent the afternoon checking lodging in the area. I had already come to the conclution that the hotels in the Independence, Ohio region were not suitable for our gathering, and hereby announce that this area is not an option.

All of the hotels in this area have a proximity to multiple interstate highways, and are within miles of some not so nice neighborhoods. The constant business travel in this area draws some questionable individuals that prey on travelers and their vehicles. Todays police blotter for the city of Independence had 8 entries specifically involving vehicle break-ins in the hotel parking lots.

I went to visit the new Hampton Inn in Richfield, Ohio and as Mary stated, they have little to offer. I decided to go next door to the Holiday Inn and check out their place, as my only prior visit was the night of my wedding, and I remember very little.

All I can say is OMG!! This place is awesome, and has ammenities out the ying-yang. To mention a few; Barney Googles restaurant and sports bar open daily, with a large private dining area for groups, a 42,000 sq. foot indoor pool area/wading pool/sauna with putt-putt golf, pool tables, ping-pong, arcade games, and a massive kids zone area. Overlooking the pool in this glass cieling enclosed area are several tables with umbrellas suitable for gatherings.

Their normal rate for a king size is $79.95, but, if we reserve 10 or more rooms, I may be able to get as much as $15 off per night. I have to call their sales office manager on monday and get further information. I can only assume we will utilize atleast 10 rooms. They have space for our dates as well.

When I get the special rate setup, I will post the hotel info and phone number for all of you to make reservations. Until then, hold tight!

MM03MOK
02-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Good detective work, Barry! I just checked online booking to compare rates. AAA gives $10 off ($69.95) and if you have the Entertainment Card, the rooms start at $54.95. This info might help you get our best rate. (Those Entertainment books are now only $15.)

I like the idea of something close on Sunday after breakfast, like we did in Hershey. The auto museum was a nice way to end it. I wish more could have joined us.

OK, who are we going to put in this room???
Holidome pool side rooms decorated in a Looney Tunes theme

Coming off a Superbowl win, I wouldn't mind seeing the Hall of Fame! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_42.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)

Throw out some other thoughts.

CRUZTAKER
02-08-2004, 02:08 PM
....and if you have the Entertainment Card, the rooms start at $54.95.
I have several books available to me.

OK, who are we going to put in this room???
Holidome pool side rooms decorated in a Looney Tunes theme
These rooms look really nice, and overlook the pool and play area...I liked it!

Coming off a Superbowl win, I wouldn't mind seeing the Hall of Fame! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_42.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)

Throw out some other thoughts.

There are several other things to fit in the day. The first one I'll have to check the schedule.

1. Northfield Park Harness (horse) racing. *Awesome in house micro-brews and simulcast betting.

2. Aurora Outlet shops. Big big place, but means spending more money.

3. Six Flags amusement park and water park. Gotta check schedule.

Haggis
02-09-2004, 06:45 AM
Great work Barry, can't wait to make our reservation. As to Sunday's schedule, Chris and I will probably be leaving after breakfast to make the drive back. :( We will both have to go back to work Monday morning. :depress:

As to the ammenties of the hotel, I surely don't want to spend all our time there. Unless that's where the party is at!! :banana2:

See you all in May. :up:

Daily 03
02-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Barry count me in if the meet is on the 22 23 of May.

Thanks Dale
Marauder 03

Murader03
02-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Barry, Great leg work! :up::up: But as Haggis stated about Sunday. Dot and I will also need to leave after breakfast. Have at least a 6-8 hour run back before going to work Sunday night:(. Looking forward to the weekend.

CRUZTAKER
02-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Today I spoke with David Mamer, Director of Services at the Holiday Inn, Richfield, Ohio.
I have reserved 10 rooms under the name 'Mercury Marauder Club' at the discounted rate of $75.99/night. Sorry, that's the best I could get out him.

I only held 10 rooms since I don't have an official list of folks attending yet. More rooms are available if needed. The dates are thursday night May 20th thru sunday May 23rd. Of course you will book what is correct for you individually.

Holiday Inn Richfield

4742 Brecksville Rd.

Richfield, Ohio 44286

330-659-6151

re: Mercury Marauder Club $75.99/night

At this point if everyone who is planning on coming drop me a PM *WITH YOUR MAILING ADDRESS* so that I may compile a list, much like Bunny did for Hershey, I would greatly appreciate it. Eventually I gotta figure food and drink requirements, and other reservations.

The address is so that I may mail you instructions to my house, and related phone numbers. I'm not posting that stuff on the website.

So far I have:

Haggis

Ladyhawke

CRUZTAKER
02-12-2004, 02:10 PM
So far I have:

Haggis

Ladyhawke

Bunny

RF

Daily03

Murader03

Sheboyganguy

SheboyganGuy
02-12-2004, 09:05 PM
If Cheeseheads are allowed.....I will be there.

Haggis
02-13-2004, 07:09 AM
If Cheeseheads are allowed.....I will be there.

Only if you don't cut the cheese..... :lol:

CRUZTAKER
02-19-2004, 03:10 PM
This thread is now in the planning stage, and all posts should be directed HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=106499#post10 6499)