PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Price

MorpheusGPR
01-14-2004, 04:07 AM
I was curious to know how much the cars are actually selling for?

I could possibly trade in my 01 Lightning with about 40k miles on it but I hate to do it. I just bought an 01 cobra as well. Are the engines similar to those on the 01 Cobra and 03-04 Mach1?

What is a good price on a new one these days? Any current rebates you all know about?

Thanks.

Petrograde
01-14-2004, 04:28 AM
Welcome Morpheus!

Prices on 03's right now are awesome! About 10k less than what most of us paid for ours! :rolleyes: check here.http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7313

As far as the engines go,... my understanding is the main difference is the Marauders have an all alluminium engine. Anybody else care to add the other differences?

Tom

btw- where are you? we have meets all over the place! After attending one you'd prob'ly want to trade in the Lightning! :banana:

AlabamaSS
01-14-2004, 10:27 AM
I was curious to know how much the cars are actually selling for?

I could possibly trade in my 01 Lightning with about 40k miles on it but I hate to do it. I just bought an 01 cobra as well. Are the engines similar to those on the 01 Cobra and 03-04 Mach1?

What is a good price on a new one these days? Any current rebates you all know about?

Thanks.

As far as prices go:
See here at Cars.com:

http://www.cars.com/search/used/cc/standard/results/multiple/fs_search_results.jhtml;jsessi onid=YR2C5HFSYKXCDLAZGKIJPSA?a ff=national&certifiedOnly=

Hope that helps. :)

schwendemann
01-14-2004, 11:09 AM
picked mine up last week for around 29 (2004, heated seats and cd changer)

MorpheusGPR
01-14-2004, 02:31 PM
10k less for a new one? I love my L...would have to be a heck of a deal.

I live near Indianapolis, IN

bugsys03
01-14-2004, 02:40 PM
I feel sorry for you. 23 years old, a lightning and a cobra. must be rough :cool:

TheDealer
01-14-2004, 05:40 PM
I feel sorry for you. 23 years old, a lightning and a cobra. must be rough :cool:
04's are going for about 29k

jgc61sr2002
01-14-2004, 06:29 PM
picked mine up last week for around 29 (2004, heated seats and cd changer) Welcome to the MM site. Enjoy your new ride. :D Where do you reside?

jgc61sr2002
01-14-2004, 06:31 PM
10k less for a new one? I love my L...would have to be a heck of a deal.

I live near Indianapolis, IN
Welcome aboard. Test drive the MM and you will be hooked. You can't go wrong. IMO. :D

CRUZTAKER
01-14-2004, 06:36 PM

I was thinking the same thing.....
Do you really care how much it costs?

MorpheusGPR
01-15-2004, 06:57 AM
I was thinking the same thing.....
Do you really care how much it costs?

I sure do. Not looking for anymore car payments.

What really hammers me is the insurance on my cars.

What I should do is get a late 90s taurus or Monte Carlo, etc. for a daily and make the other two pleasure use only but not sure how much that would really drop my rates.

I like the MM, my parents had a 96 Imp SS and I loved that.

Wish I could trade straight up, I might be able to on even a low miles MM but not a new one ;(

jgc61sr2002
01-15-2004, 07:59 AM
MorpheusGPR - :up: If you are interested in purchasing a Marauder check with Ray the Dealer a vendor on this site. He has just about the best prices anywhere.

AlabamaSS
01-15-2004, 10:46 AM
I sure do. Not looking for anymore car payments.

What really hammers me is the insurance on my cars.

What I should do is get a late 90s taurus or Monte Carlo, etc. for a daily and make the other two pleasure use only but not sure how much that would really drop my rates.

I like the MM, my parents had a 96 Imp SS and I loved that.

Wish I could trade straight up, I might be able to on even a low miles MM but not a new one ;(

If it were me and I wanted an MM, I would wait for the prices to settle down a little more. Alot of people who ran down and paid $33-35k are in for a shock when they realize that their cars have lost @10k in value in a year.
This would be of great concern since you would be upside down on your car loan if you ever tried to sell. IMHO :burnout:

Silver_04
01-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Welcome MorpheusGPR. I got rid of my '02 Mustang GT for a Marauder a few months ago. I saw a major reduction in insurance costs when I traded the 'stang for the Marauder and I have a '01 Focus insured too. My Mustang was listed as a pleasure vehicle but it didn't save me much. I now have my Marauder listed as a daily along with the Focus and still save.

The automatic Mach 1 and Marauder have basically the same engine. Essentially, the intake is turned to face the drivers side on the MM.

SHERIFF
01-15-2004, 07:43 PM
All my cars are rated "pleasure use" only, Thank God! The benefits of having a company car to and from work! :)