PDA

View Full Version : Hey all, not a marauder owner, but...

16secondp71
01-14-2004, 09:30 PM
... I have a Panther thats just as fast(if not faster). I just figured I'd pop in and introduce myself, I've ben a looong time member over at Crownvic.net and figured I'd pop in to see how many Michigan folks are on this board. I live in Jackson which is roughly 1.5 hours West of Detroit and I've got '96 P71 Crown Vic that is nothing to mess with :D .

Anyway, I'm working on setting up a meet for all Panthers at Milan dragway the first week of April(opening day). I met with some Vic owners out there on opening day 2 years ago and last year we were snowed out... SO, I'm gonna give it another shot this year. Usually the track opens on the first SAT in April but there is no date posted yet, so I'll try to keep everyone informed as it gets closer to April. Now, you can't tell me that you guys aren't speed "junkies", so I'd like to see a few Marauders make the meet. I'd also like to race a few Marauders, this will be my first time racing with the nitrous on the car. :burnout:

bigslim
01-15-2004, 01:35 AM
Nice to have you here. Feel free to join us at anytime during our meets. We have a lot of meets plan this year. Maybe we can get some our guys to run with you at Milan. I will have some work done to my car this spring and will look forward to tryin it out. We have some that are running the Trilogy superchargers in theirs. Look forward to meeting you.

jgc61sr2002
01-15-2004, 08:14 AM
QuickVic - Welcome to the MM site. There are several exceptionally fast Marauders on this site. :D

Hack Goby
01-15-2004, 12:59 PM
You will find that they are alot of Crown Vic.net people come over here who are into performance part of there Crown Vic`s.

TripleTransAm
01-15-2004, 01:16 PM
Hey Hack, I noticed your sig mentions a vacuum gage, where did you tap that from?If you're up to it, I wouldn't mind a separate thread for that info... it's something I'm considering doing myself.

Hack Goby
01-15-2004, 01:49 PM
There is a vacuum line that goes over the driverside wheelwell,Thats where I tapped in at.I really dont Know,Is there a proper line that I should use,:confused: The gauge dont move around alot but I think that is a good thing.

MI2QWK4U
01-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Let me know when in April, I will be itching to race by then. Hell...im itching to met some rubber right now!

TripleTransAm
01-15-2004, 02:38 PM
There is a vacuum line that goes over the driverside wheelwell,Thats where I tapped in at.I really dont Know,Is there a proper line that I should use,:confused: The gauge dont move around alot but I think that is a good thing.

It may not be a manifold vacuum source, then. It's manifold vacuum I'm interested in, to be able to squeeze the most economy out of this beast. This should vary wildly depending on throttle position.

16secondp71
01-15-2004, 03:40 PM
Thanks, I'd love to meet all of ya and check out your cars. I've always loved the Marauders, only draw back I see to 'em is the DOHC engines. Don't get me wrong, it's a great powerplant for performance, but they just don't produce the torque needed for these big cars. That's the main reason I passed on buying one for myself and opted for a SOHC build-up. Now, if a factory SUPERCHARGED Marauder was ever produced then I'd reconsider. ;)

-Brandon

SergntMac
01-15-2004, 04:16 PM
This is a great idea 16Sec., thanks! Please keep us posted on developments closer to April?

Presently, I haven't anything on my calendar for early April, and Milan seems close to the 50 yard line between Chicago and Detroit. This may be a pefect time for the two major Midwest clubs to rally together for some good clean racing fun. What do y'all say guys? Windy City and Motor City members, check in!

Hack...That "Great Lakes Panthers" logo in your sig, is this a real car club? I love the graphic, what's up with that?

jgc61sr2002
01-15-2004, 05:54 PM
It may not be a manifold vacuum source, then. It's manifold vacuum I'm interested in, to be able to squeeze the most economy out of this beast. This should vary wildly depending on throttle position.
Steve - Use the accelerator sparingly. He He. :up:

Effster
01-15-2004, 06:20 PM
[qoute]There is a vacuum line that goes over the driverside wheelwell,Thats where I tapped in at.I really dont Know,Is there a proper line that I should use, The gauge dont move around alot but I think that is a good thing.[ :nono: ] no that is a vacuum canister on the drivers wheelwell.there is a vacuum "tree" mounted on the firewall right behind the egr valve(that rusty looking thing).it will be directly behind the tranny dipstick.thats where you should tap it from.the gauge should move alot not alittle.as you step on the throttle it should go closer to the zero,and when cruseing it should be around 20inches.

Hack Goby
01-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Thanks Effster,Thats why this is such A great site.Back in the 70`s I had a 65 Impala SS with a vacuum gauge that was always moving but I thought it was a vacuum problem(big in the 60`s)So a moving Vacuum gauge is a good thing?Cool.

SergntMac
01-15-2004, 06:55 PM
Nevermind...

TripleTransAm
01-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Hey, nice Avatar, Sarge. ;) :up:

16secondp71
01-15-2004, 09:15 PM
This is a great idea 16Sec., thanks! Please keep us posted on developments closer to April?

Presently, I haven't anything on my calendar for early April, and Milan seems close to the 50 yard line between Chicago and Detroit. This may be a pefect time for the two major Midwest clubs to rally together for some good clean racing fun. What do y'all say guys? Windy City and Motor City members, check in!

Hack...That "Great Lakes Panthers" logo in your sig, is this a real car club? I love the graphic, what's up with that?

That sounds like fun, it would be nice to have a massive Panther meet out there. The most Panther platforms that I've ever seen gathered there is about 5 or 6. Hopefully Milan will be posting their 2004 schedule soon so I'll have a definate date.

Here's the link to their site: www.milandragway.com

bigslim
01-16-2004, 12:17 AM

Hey Mac, Why the never mind? We will get these two cities together for a meet. Maybe it could be that day.

Hack Goby
01-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Darryl I think he was waiting for an answer about my sig.Mac, with Dave taking care of all the hard stuff about getting us together I have been playing around with different names and looks for the club.We have more than a few Crown Vics show up at get togethers so I was thinking about having the Panther name used.Downside of using "Great Lakes" is that all of the states that surround the Great Lakes would make one hell of a large club.So I am just playing now with different looks and I will get more input Sunday when we get together.

bigslim
01-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Thanks Paul.

MapleLeafMerc
01-16-2004, 08:55 PM
... I have a Panther thats just as fast(if not faster). I just figured I'd pop in and introduce myself, I've ben a looong time member over at Crownvic.net and figured I'd pop in to see how many Michigan folks are on this board. I live in Jackson which is roughly 1.5 hours West of Detroit and I've got '96 P71 Crown Vic that is nothing to mess with :D .

Anyway, I'm working on setting up a meet for all Panthers at Milan dragway the first week of April(opening day). I met with some Vic owners out there on opening day 2 years ago and last year we were snowed out... SO, I'm gonna give it another shot this year. Usually the track opens on the first SAT in April but there is no date posted yet, so I'll try to keep everyone informed as it gets closer to April. Now, you can't tell me that you guys aren't speed "junkies", so I'd like to see a few Marauders make the meet. I'd also like to race a few Marauders, this will be my first time racing with the nitrous on the car. :burnout:

Good to hear from you! I hope you can make it to STAP in June!

BTW, if you've taken the time to register you're a friend!

16secondp71
01-17-2004, 01:06 PM
Good to hear from you! I hope you can make it to STAP in June!

BTW, if you've taken the time to register you're a friend!

Well, STAP is up in the air right now. I'd like to make it out for the dragstrip portion if anything, but we'll have to see what my schedule is like this summer.