PDA

View Full Version : SSHS11 Registration Is Open

CWright
09-13-2011, 12:49 PM
I started new thread with the information posted in the link below. Registration can be done from this link as well.

http://www.sshs11.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=8

Who all is coming?:burnout::burnout:

Event Pregistration Is Now Open!

Register early and SAVE! It's fast and easy to register via PayPal!

Race Entries includes car, driver, and one guest for Shootout competition - and/or - all day Test & Tune
Early registration entry fee is $65, includes racing, entry for the driver and one passenger:

LANDY
09-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Where is MartiO I hope he puts on a show.

Marauderman
09-13-2011, 04:16 PM
I started new thread with the information posted in the link below. Registration can be done from this link as well.

http://www.sshs11.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=8

Who all is coming?:burnout::burnout:

Event Pregistration Is Now Open!

Register early and SAVE! It's fast and easy to register via PayPal!

Race Entries includes car, driver, and one guest for Shootout competition - and/or - all day Test & Tune
Early registration entry fee is $65, includes racing, entry for the driver and one passenger:

So............you running????????....and it must be me---but a seat to watch cost you what?

GAMike
09-13-2011, 05:09 PM
So............you running????????....and it must be me---but a seat to watch cost you what?

I believe the prices are the same as last year Tom......... $10 ea. spectators and $65 or 75 to race. Plus a cooler full of your favorite "lager":beer:

CWright
09-13-2011, 05:40 PM

I'm running!:D:burnout::burnout:

Bought the Helmet and Jacket the other day. Running a couple of times last year got me pretty excited. I'd really like to know what she'll do. You coming down??

Here's the info from the site on General Admission.

ADMISSION PRICING

(General Admission spectator, and additional Guest entry will be $10. Children 12 and under are free.)
Race - Includes car, driver, and one guest for Shootout competition - and/or - all day Test & Tune

$65.00 - If registration paid by October 31, 2011.
$70.00 - Day of race at the gate.

LJ on 24's
09-13-2011, 06:15 PM
I will be running also. The car should be fired up by Thursday. Can't wait to run Chris and Mike.

CWright
09-13-2011, 06:17 PM
I will be running also. The car should be fired up by Thursday. Can't wait to run Chris and Mike.

GREAT TO HEAR!!! Remember to relearn how to drive that car. :D

PonyUP
09-13-2011, 06:27 PM
GREAT TO HEAR!!! Remember to relearn how to drive that car. :D

What are the rules here, do you have to run with a helmet, or can you run as you are?

CWright
09-13-2011, 06:50 PM
What are the rules here, do you have to run with a helmet, or can you run as you are?

Here are the rules they are using.

http://www.sshs11.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=4

GAMike
09-13-2011, 07:43 PM

Bout time Larry....... Like Chris said, get your sea legs with that sled bro:burnout:

What are the rules here, do you have to run with a helmet, or can you run as you are? I can't beleive you posted that....... What are you a noob here:P Tell me...... Have you visited www.sshs11.com (http://www.sshs11.com) yet??? Ya Dopey.... Spoon feeding has begun:D

LANDY
09-13-2011, 07:54 PM
I will be running also. The car should be fired up by Thursday. Can't wait to run Chris and Mike. with that beast Dennis is building for you and some good tires you will need a roll bar.

CWright
09-14-2011, 04:42 AM
with that beast Dennis is building for you and some good tires you will need a roll bar.

:agree: Was thinking the same thing. Hope he has a tire fund started.

MOTOWN
09-14-2011, 04:47 AM
I think the v7 is about to make a major statement! looking forward to this one

LJ on 24's
09-14-2011, 06:30 AM
with that beast Dennis is building for you and some good tires you will need a roll bar.

You think so LANDY. Oh yea Mike and Chris I am looking foward to getting use to her again. She has become a beast while she was gone maybe we could hit the track before sshs11 so you guys can give me some pointers.

LJ on 24's
09-14-2011, 06:41 AM
*By NHRA rules, a roll cage is not required in a full bodied car until 9.99 or 135MPH. The 2009 NHRA rule book shows that a roll cage is required between 10.99 and 10.00 only at speeds of 135 or higher.

You guys think I might get booted. :banana2:

sailsmen
09-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Check the rule requirements for a roll bar.

Those with a non-oem S/C must have a fire retardant jacket.

Pops
09-14-2011, 06:47 AM
11.49 requires a 5 point cage. They will boot you off the track if you go faster. Ask Dennis how this works! They enforce the rules at this track!

CWright
09-14-2011, 06:51 AM
Larry, you might have to sand bag a little!:D

sailsmen
09-14-2011, 06:53 AM
11.49 requires a 5 point cage. They will boot you off the track if you go faster. Ask Dennis how this works! They enforce the rules at this track!

FRom Crankshat - "5 or 6 point rollbar construction (NHRA legal)

Required beginning at 11.49 with a closed car/truck, 13.49 with a convertible.

This topic will cover a 5-point roll bar as opposed to a roll cage. Most fellows these days will go ahead and build a cage while they have the welder and their tools fired up, but we'll cover the bar for those of you who don't plan on going 9's (or quicker). With an otherwise unaltered floor and firewall, a 5-point bar will take you to 10.00 flat. If the floor is altered in excess of 4 square feet (not counting wheel tubs or stock removable floor panels which are bolted, such as transmission removal panels on a pickup truck) or the firewall is altered in excess of 1 square foot, then a roll bar will take you to 11.00 and a roll cage as well as additional SFI equipment is required at 10.99.

If the floor or firewall are altered as described, then it only makes sense to get yourself an NHRA rulebook and install a cage because you will only pick up 1/2 second with a bar. (11.49 to 11.00). A "point" refers to a connection point of the end of a bar at the car floor or frame. A 5-point roll bar will have connections as follows:
The main hoop, or B-bar, will connect to the sill/floor/frame/frame crossmember at two points just behind the driver.
The two rear braces will make two more connections somewhere in the trunk area.
The fifth point will be in the area of the driver's left foot, made by the driver's "side bar".
Most of the time, racers will go ahead and install a sixth point "side bar" on the passenger side of the car, helping to stiffen the car up.

One note of interest here, minimum O.D. of the tubing for a roll bar is 1 3/4", for a roll cage it's 1 5/8", so it may be cheaper to buy all 1 5/8" tubing and build the cage from the start."

SC Cheesehead
09-14-2011, 07:27 AM

You gonna race again this year or spectate?

I'm up for the latter, willing to share a room and beers again if you're interested. Would like to go down Friday night, if possible.

LANDY
09-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Check the rule requirements for a roll bar.

Those with a non-oem S/C must have a fire retardant jacket. Billy bring your car down for some good smackdown.:D

Marauderman
09-14-2011, 09:11 AM
You gonna race again this year or spectate?

I'm up for the latter, willing to share a room and beers again if you're interested. Would like to go down Friday night, if possible.

Sounds like a great idea----any rooms left? Will review with the President and let you know---But I likey already..:beer:

sailsmen
09-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Why not a convoy from FL to Commerce?

Landy, CPE6, LarryLJ and JFlave could all arrive at the host motel together, giving the Impalas pause.;)

cougar9150
09-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Going to talk to the wife tonight about booking our hotel. Will at least be there to watch and help wrench when needed.

Not sure about running yet as the car still needs some love. We'll see where I'm at in the middle of October before the registration cut off date.

LANDY
09-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Why not a convoy from FL to Commerce?

Landy, CPE6, LarryLJ and JFlave could all arrive at the host motel together, giving the Impalas pause.;) Ohh there is gonna be a Florida convoy!
I just want to see how both of our t-trims do against eachother down the Track.
Yes I'm calling you out

sailsmen
09-14-2011, 05:17 PM
I am racing against Impalas. Ford vs Government Motors.;)

LANDY
09-14-2011, 05:29 PM
I am racing against Impalas. Ford vs Government Motors.;) me too! LOL
What class will you be in?

sailsmen
09-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Bracket classes: .500 Sportsman Tree
Stock Eliminator - 15:00 and over

Super Stock - 13:90 to 14.99

Super Modified - 12:50 to 13:89

Street Outlaw - 12:49 and under

King of the Hill: .500 Sportsman Tree
Runoff between the 4 bracket classes

Heads up classes: .500 Pro Tree
Pro Street 12:00 Index
Big Dogs

sailsmen
09-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Ohh there is gonna be a Florida convoy!
I just want to see how both of our t-trims do against eachother down the Track.
Yes I'm calling you out

"It has a Vortec T-trim blower with a downgraded 3.3 pully making somewhere around 450 rwhp.
It has a safe ZEX nitrous kit currently set at about a 100 hp spray." ;)

LANDY
09-14-2011, 06:21 PM
"It has a Vortec T-trim blower with a downgraded 3.3 pully making somewhere around 450 rwhp.
It has a safe ZEX nitrous kit currently set at about a 100 hp spray." ;)which one yours or mine?:bandit:

sailsmen
09-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Yours. All my mods are in my sig.

LANDY
09-14-2011, 08:05 PM
i have changed a couple of things. still wont make that much power :P

LANDY
09-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Bump........
Gary is racing this year:banana2:
Who else?