PDA

View Full Version : EATC Repair

fastblackmerc
09-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Took some pictures while doing the EATC o-ring replacement.

The OEM o-rings were square and hard (I know... TWSS). Had to break them to get the off.

Pictures of the OEM o-ring (black) and the new silicone o-ring (orange). You might be able to see the OEM o-ring is square, not round.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u133/fastblackmerc/MM%20Mods/EATC%20Repair/O-rings1.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u133/fastblackmerc/MM%20Mods/EATC%20Repair/O-rings2.jpg

This is how the piston, spring and rod go together.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u133/fastblackmerc/MM%20Mods/EATC%20Repair/Assembly.jpg

BTW... I never remove the piston and spring.

LJ on 24's
09-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Have you received mines yet.

fastblackmerc
09-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Have you received mines yet.

Just arrived.... working on them now.

fastblackmerc
09-15-2011, 11:00 AM
LJ... the o-rings were so brittle they broke when I tried to take them off......

On to your LCM.....

LJ on 24's
09-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Wow that one came out of my black marauder I just bought for a really good price.

BlackOps
12-03-2011, 11:22 AM
What size o rings are the new orange ones?

blkZooM
12-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Would it be possible to ship you mind, and how long could it take to get back. I hate the cold!

fastblackmerc
12-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Would it be possible to ship you mind, and how long could it take to get back. I hate the cold!

Yes can send it to me. I repair it and get it back the the post office the same day I get it.

blkZooM
12-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Alright, How do I remove it from the car I don't wanna damage anything

fastblackmerc
12-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Alright, How do I remove it from the car I don't wanna damage anything

Open the front passenger side door.

Grasp the center / fax carbon fiber trim, pull towards you.

Work the trim loose as you move towards the steering wheel.

Loosen the trim below the EATC.

Once you have the trim off, disconnect the connector for the clock, if you have a 2003 Marauder, and disconnect the connector for the rear defrost button.

Remove the 4 screws that secure the EATC with a 7mm socket or nutdriver.

Pull out the EATC.

Disconnect the 2 electrical connectors at the rear of the EATC.

Using a 10mm socket or nutdriver, remove the 2 nuts that secure the vacuum connector to the rear of the EATC.

Store the center trim panel in a safe place so it doesn't get damaged.

Plug the vacuum supply hose.

You can drive the car, just no control of the heat or A/C.

blkZooM
12-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Will try this within the next couple days hopefully I can send this out as soon as Fri or Mon.

Also thanks for the help..

PonyUP
12-15-2011, 04:20 AM
Will try this within the next couple days hopefully I can send this out as soon as Fri or Mon.

Also thanks for the help..

It's easy. The knowledge I lack on cars is only exceeded by the knowledge I lack in Rocket science. I foollowed these directions and it came out easy

Pony seal of Approval

Mercguy04
12-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Nice write up Fastblackmerc.
I like your style.
I'm Bookmarking this page.

Blessings
Stay Safe
Russell

fastblackmerc
12-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Nice write up Fastblackmerc.
I like your style.
I'm Bookmarking this page.

Blessings
Stay Safe
Russell

I help out whenever I can.

blkZooM
12-21-2011, 01:26 AM
It's easy. The knowledge I lack on cars is only exceeded by the knowledge I lack in Rocket science. I foollowed these directions and it came out easy

Pony seal of Approval

His directions were straight to the point, and easy lol. I'm looking forward to doing more business with him in the near future.

1tsamarauder
02-09-2013, 02:48 AM
youve got 500 posts though. youve gotta understand im a total beginner when it comes to car parts and the last thing i wanna do is rip up my rauder just to try and save a few bucks, is this worth trying being as im new to self auto improvement, or should i leave this one to the professionals?

Mebot
02-09-2013, 05:25 AM
youve got 500 posts though. youve gotta understand im a total beginner when it comes to car parts and the last thing i wanna do is rip up my rauder just to try and save a few bucks, is this worth trying being as im new to self auto improvement, or should i leave this one to the professionals?

of course it's worth trying! the agony of defeat is always trumped by the sheer satisfaction of completing a project yourself, no matter how small the project. this is a hobby & by doing something yourself, you're gaining the knowledge, skills, & ability to do it again

plus your DIY pen0r gets to grow bigger & you can show it off

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.

fastblackmerc
02-09-2013, 05:47 AM

The EATC is easy to remove. Just follow my instructions.

Agent M79
03-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Got mine back for FBM and it is working great! So nice to have heat on the feet again!

fastblackmerc
03-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Got mine back for FBM and it is working great! So nice to have heat on the feet again!

Glad you got it installed. All the lights work?

L.Mark
03-04-2013, 12:11 AM

Oh frack..how do you bookmark a page???:help:

jb513
03-11-2013, 01:11 PM

Not only does he help out! He continues to work on and come up with new and exciting products for our Marauder community. When I became a member I found him or he found me (I can’t remember) and it was the best contact I have on this forum. He continues to answer my questions and help out where he can. I’m saving my pennies for his Sill Plates and Hell Guards. The only problem I have with him is that he keeps coming up with products I want! So it pains me to have to wait till I come up with the funds! BTW Jim, I’m waiting by the door for my custom painted gearshift surround… LOL..

Agent M79
03-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Yep. Lights work too! Now on to the rest of the lights!

fastblackmerc
01-02-2015, 05:40 AM
:bump:

:bump:

Bradley G
06-18-2015, 04:32 AM
I just had two EATC modules repaired and he did LED upgrade as well!
I I love the lamp behind the fan rheostat !
Great speedy service!
Highly recommend!

fastblackmerc
06-18-2015, 04:43 AM
I just had two EATC modules repaired and he did LED upgrade as well!
I I love the lamp behind the fan rheostat !
Great speedy service!
Highly recommend!

Thanks!

Glad you liked it.

Happy to help out.