PDA

View Full Version : Weather...

IwantmyMMnow!
09-26-2011, 12:56 PM
How did the area where MV9 is going to be fare during the rains from Irene?

I know I'm not the only meatier...metior...weather person on MM.net, but figured I'd go ahead and broach the subject of weather.

For those that don't know, I'm a weather forecaster in the Air Force...have been for 20 years (well, the last 16; spent the first 3.5 years observing then went to school for 7 months to learn forecasting) and will be retiring at the end of this year.

I have access to long-range model data and was dorking around earlier today to see if I could get a glimpse of what to expect for MV9. Just a few things to point out:

--Current long-range data only goes out until 12 Oct
--Accuracy this early in the game is probably 25%

What I saw wasn't pretty. Strong low pressure system over southern New England the morning of the 12th with VERY cold air coming in behind from the Great Lakes through the Ohio Valley to the mid-Atlantic coast. How cold? 3-6 inches of snow across most of PA by 8am and another 3-6 inches likely during the day. Wish I was just joking, but I'm not.

But again, accuracy is very low this early and I'm sure the models will change many, many times between now and 2 weeks from now. I will do my best to post an updated forecast by the end of this week; by then, models will go out far enough to encompass the entire event (thru the 16th).

Just don't shoot the messenger...:lol:

DOOM
09-26-2011, 01:04 PM
:run: :hide:

fastblackmerc
09-26-2011, 01:06 PM
What's it look like for Wilmington, N.C. the same weekend?

Papillon
09-26-2011, 01:06 PM
WTH?!?!!! :( Well when we were there the same time last year, the weather was PERFECT! Crisp air, highs in the low 60s, not a cloud in the sky the 3 days we were there and sunny, sunny!

I'll be praying for the same this year. Besides I think it's too early to tell and, no offense, I don't trust you weather people. :rolleyes:..... :D

IwantmyMMnow!
09-26-2011, 01:14 PM
What's it look like for Wilmington, N.C. the same weekend?

The models I looked at only go to the 12th (Wed). Models depict breezy and cool in Wilmington that day, but sunny skies with temps in the 55-60F range for a high, which is about 20 degrees colder than normal.

CWright
09-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Maybe his has been converted to a 4X4 :D

http://www.markscruisenight.com/images/03mercury1.jpg

DOOM
09-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Maybe his has been converted to a 4X4 :D

http://www.markscruisenight.com/images/03mercury1.jpg

Whoa!!! :eek:

Pops
09-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Whoa!!! :eek:

I knew you had this trait in that feeble mind! :P

MERCMAN
09-26-2011, 02:43 PM
I HOPE you are wrong. The last time I went to a meet in Gettysburg, I ran into snow in the higher elevations. NOT GOOD!!

DOOM
09-26-2011, 02:50 PM
I knew you had this trait in that feeble mind! :P

I love you Pops! :D :lovies:

Blackened300a
09-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Earliest recorded snow in PA was October 19th 1940 and that was less then a inch. You saying we are going for the record during MV9 with up to 6" of snow???? Also the average high temp is 64* and the average low is 44* which isn't quite cold enough for snow fall.

I do not believe ANY weather forecast so I'm calling :bs:

justbob
09-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Meh, bring it on.

2 DR's (if I can find some in time) and jack/tools/cleaning products in trunk, 4 snow tires in back seat, suitcase and camera on front seat.

Maybe just bring a damn trailer?

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

CBT
09-26-2011, 04:39 PM
1 of 328 is an all weather fighter-bomber, I don't care if it's snowing tornados of hurricanes made out of fire, I'm marauding the greater Hershey PA area at the appointed times and assigned places!!!!

guspech750
09-26-2011, 05:52 PM
1 of 328 is an all weather fighter-bomber, I don't care if it's snowing tornados of hurricanes made out of fire, I'm marauding the greater Hershey PA area at the appointed times and assigned places!!!!

Here!! Here!! My DTR doesn't stop for anything............. Well unless there is a male hooker nearby!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Shaijack
09-26-2011, 06:30 PM
CBT I had to read your post twice. I thought it said your were traceling the Hershey Highway again. I don't know how to drive in snow so lets skip the snow. I do know how to drive in high water.

Bigdogjim
09-26-2011, 06:42 PM

Your my hero!

Mr. Man
09-26-2011, 06:56 PM
My little weather icon is telling me its Sunny and 75* right now!!

jabird56
09-26-2011, 06:57 PM
This is why we call you guys "Weather Guessers" in the Navy. :D

But again, accuracy is very low this early and I'm sure the models will change many, many times between now and 2 weeks from now. I will do my best to post an updated forecast by the end of this week; by then, models will go out far enough to encompass the entire event (thru the 16th).

Just don't shoot the messenger...:lol:

HammerDown
09-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Haven't you all learned by now--don't even SPEAK of the weather for our weekend away until about.................October 10th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop your bad selves---------ALL of YOU:D:D:D

IwantmyMMnow!
09-27-2011, 06:13 AM
Earliest recorded snow in PA was October 19th 1940 and that was less then a inch. You saying we are going for the record during MV9 with up to 6" of snow???? Also the average high temp is 64* and the average low is 44* which isn't quite cold enough for snow fall.

I do not believe ANY weather forecast so I'm calling :bs:

Just two years ago, snow fell across the northern half of PA...Oct 15th-16th. Some areas got as much as 6-8 inches.

Link: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ctp/features/2009/10_16/index.php

Average temperatures are just that...averages. It has been as hot as 88 and as cold as 27 during the period of 12-16 Oct.

This is why we call you guys "Weather Guessers" in the Navy. :D

I agree...it is pretty much guessing, but I can say it's more of an 'educated guess' now than it was 20 years ago...;)

I looked again at the long range model data a little earlier, and it has changed quite a bit already...like I said before, the models will change a dozen times in the next two weeks. It will be interesting to see what the weather is like during MV9 compared to what the models are showing right now...will give me a very good idea how accurate the model data is.

MM03MOK
09-27-2011, 06:25 AM
:alone:With a probable accuracy of 25% two weeks away, throwing this information out only leads to more unnecessary anxiety for the attendees and potential attendees. I know you were helping but I didn't need to know this....

Papillon
09-27-2011, 06:28 AM
:alone:With a probable accuracy of 25% two weeks away, throwing this information out only leads to more unnecessary anxiety for the attendees and potential attendees. I know you were helping but I didn't need to know this....

You took the words right out of my mouth Mary. It's still too early to tell.

CBT
09-27-2011, 06:28 AM
It's not the weather that makes the events, it's the events that make the events! :) Well, and people.
:beer:

MM03MOK
09-27-2011, 06:37 AM
It's not the weather that makes the events, it's the events that make the events! :) Well, and people.
That's exactly right, Case, and we'll have a blast regardless of the weather but the fact remains, we can get stressed out about weather challenges and rightly so, at times. Just don't need 2 weeks of stress in anticipation.... ;)

HammerDown
09-27-2011, 06:38 AM
Nobody's listening to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You're still talking about it

Now close this thread:D:D:D:D:D

MM03MOK
09-27-2011, 06:38 AM
Nobody's listening to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You're still talking about it

Now close this thread:D:D:D:D:D

I ♥♥ HammerDown!

HammerDown
09-27-2011, 06:39 AM
That's exactly right, Case, and we'll have a blast regardless of the weather but the fact remains, we can get stressed out about weather challenges and rightly so, at times. Just don't need 2 weeks of stress in anticipation.... ;)

^^^^^
You tell 'em Mary;)

Papillon
09-27-2011, 06:44 AM
I ♥♥ HammerDown!

+2!

IBTL :lol:

Blackened300a
09-27-2011, 06:45 AM

Its also a set of worn Nittos that won't make the events. :o

IwantmyMMnow!
09-27-2011, 06:48 AM
My intent is NOT to keep people from going to MV9...

Pat
09-27-2011, 06:54 AM
Humm.......Tire condition? Car's in shop for trunk repaint, may need to critically examine the rear tires when it returns this week-end.

Bigdogjim
09-27-2011, 07:12 AM

I think your intentions are good. Members that have not made up their minds yet would only be turned off by this info thiis far out. Like other posted weather info should be posted no more than i week out. Not to flame you BUT you of all people should know how fast the weather can change.

If you search past events (big or small) a little rain will not hurt and forcasts of snow unsally do not happen.

IwantmyMMnow!
09-27-2011, 08:43 AM
I think your intentions are good. Members that have not made up their minds yet would only be turned off by this info thiis far out. Like other posted weather info should be posted no more than i week out. Not to flame you BUT you of all people should know how fast the weather can change.

If you search past events (big or small) a little rain will not hurt and forcasts of snow unsally do not happen.

Weather will be perfect....:shake:

Blackened300a
09-27-2011, 08:45 AM

Now thats a forecast I can believe. :D

CBT
09-27-2011, 09:18 AM

We still love ya, now just show up and have fun! :beer:

Papillon
09-27-2011, 09:24 AM

:agree: Weather WILL be perfect and WE will all have an awesome time!!!

IwantmyMMnow!
09-27-2011, 09:58 AM

Regardless if we end up having snowball fights or get to enjoy an "Indian Summer"...:lol:

rayjay
09-27-2011, 01:23 PM
6-8" of snow in southern PA? If thats for real I'll buried up to my ass as we get way, way more snow than they've ever seen.... Still have my snow tires if I need them. :rolleyes: Do they allow studded snows in PA?

SC Cheesehead
09-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Oh great, more stuff to pack for the Friday night :bs: session out in the parking lot...

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2FproductImages% 2F_176000%2FFF_176864_xl.jpg&w=400

http://collingswoodlandscaping.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/100_percent_cherry_firewood_pi le.28193434_std.jpg

http://www.hansonellis.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/leeportablecafe2.jpg

On the bright side, I guess I'll save on ice...

rayjay
09-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Oh great, more stuff to pack for the Friday night :bs: session out in the parking lot...

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2FproductImages% 2F_176000%2FFF_176864_xl.jpg&w=400

http://collingswoodlandscaping.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/100_percent_cherry_firewood_pi le.28193434_std.jpg

http://www.hansonellis.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/leeportablecafe2.jpg

On the bright side, I guess I'll save on ice...

I'll bring my insulated bibs, heavy Carhart jacket and my -30*F snow boots. All of whiich I have worn to Buffalo Bill's games. :help: In reality if that forecast is even remotely correct, I will not be able to attend. My snow thrower isn't ready yet.

SC Cheesehead
09-27-2011, 01:56 PM
I'll bring my insulated bibs, heavy Carhart jacket and my -30*F snow boots. All of whiich I have worn to Buffalo Bill's games. :help: In reality if that forecast is even remotely correct, I will not be able to attend. My snow thrower isn't ready yet.

Hey, thanks for reminding me. One additional item for clearing out a place for the lawn chair and cooler...

http://s.sears.com/is/image/Sears/07188705000

HammerDown
09-27-2011, 02:17 PM
okay, just got home from work-- 8 hours later you peeps are STILL CHATTERING about the dang weather!!!!!!!!!!

You're going to JINX everything.................... ...............:P:P

Bigdogjim
09-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Hey Rex I will arrive in a tri axle dump with a blade on front that can clear up to 5' with ease:)

rayjay
09-27-2011, 04:00 PM
I don't want to throw a hex on the whole thing, but the geese here have been heading south for 2 weeks. The mill pond just east of my house was covered with them this morning.

MERCMAN
09-27-2011, 04:52 PM
What does the Farmer's Almanac say?

DOOM
09-27-2011, 04:57 PM
okay, just got home from work-- 8 hours later you peeps are STILL CHATTERING about the dang weather!!!!!!!!!!

You're going to JINX everything.................... ...............:P:P

What she said!!!

In other words........

STFU!!!

Papillon
09-27-2011, 05:10 PM
What she said!!!

In other words........

STFU!!!

WOOOOAH!!!! :eek:

Daaamn Doomie, coming from someone who hasn't even registered yet, you sure do care about the MV9 weather!!! :rolleyes:

:D........;)

PonyUP
09-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Hey, thanks for reminding me. One additional item for clearing out a place for the lawn chair and cooler...

http://s.sears.com/is/image/Sears/07188705000

that comes stock with a Cold Air Intake right? DVI optional?

knine
09-27-2011, 05:46 PM
What does the Farmer's Almanac say?
Rotate your corn and beans, replace nitrogen in the fall north of Rt 138 in Illinois, fall application of nitrogen not recommended south of Rt 138. Lime application is best in the fall if needed. Harvested corn moisture optimum 14 to 16 % :cowboy:

HammerDown
09-27-2011, 06:30 PM
What she said!!!

In other words........

STFU!!!

Hey Doom, it's really what I wanted to say hahahahahahah

Thanks

Marauderman
09-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Just two years ago, snow fell across the northern half of PA...Oct 15th-16th. Some areas got as much as 6-8 inches.

Link: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ctp/features/2009/10_16/index.php

Average temperatures are just that...averages. It has been as hot as 88 and as cold as 27 during the period of 12-16 Oct.

I agree...it is pretty much guessing, but I can say it's more of an 'educated guess' now than it was 20 years ago...;)

I looked again at the long range model data a little earlier, and it has changed quite a bit already...like I said before, the models will change a dozen times in the next two weeks. It will be interesting to see what the weather is like during MV9 compared to what the models are showing right now...will give me a very good idea how accurate the model data is.

Y'all take it easy on my man--he is just enlightening us all to the real...not the facts yet--but to be aware --so to make plans accordingly----heck--we all know most forecasters are wrong==but when they are right --well--we won't go there for this--but ----he is just trying to tell us all to keep an eye out on the weather --cause that is his thing--and rightly so--so be it--and we will , thanks for telling us is what I say--

HammerDown
09-27-2011, 06:32 PM
If you can't beat em' join 'em

I guess I'll just keep chiming in'

Here's another idea.............

We'll just be inside having MARATHON LCR GAMES

Bring LOTS of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $

Marauderman
09-27-2011, 06:36 PM

So this is where I get my retirement $$$$$$$--missed it last year---I should tell why --but that is later--sounds like fun--I am game-!!

CBT
09-27-2011, 06:41 PM

So this is where I get my retirement $$$$$$$--missed it last year---I should tell why --but that is later--sounds like fun--I am game-!!

I clearly recall someone winning at Charlotte and yelling "Back off, *****! This is all mine!" when they won one round, lol! Funny stuff.

rayjay
09-27-2011, 06:48 PM
If the forecast was for where I live, I'd say its possible, but not probable. Southern PA, 240 +/- miles south?, no way.
A couple years ago we did a MM meet at Gettysburg. Later that week at home winter started with IIRC, 18" of wind driven snow. It never ended until the following spring. Such is life in the snow belt. If it snows there we'll have an early Christmas Party! :D

Bigdogjim
09-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Someone please see that the bar is stocked!

CBT
09-27-2011, 06:57 PM
If it snows there we'll have an early Christmas Party! :D

I knew I liked you for some reason, always positive! Guess what my gift to you will be? Yep, beer! :beer:

SC Cheesehead
09-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Someone please see that the bar is stocked!

That's what I'm talking about!

To heck with the weather if we got plenty of adult beverages on hand!:beer:

1stMerc
09-27-2011, 09:17 PM

You mean like that big Kentucky and MV 8 thunder shower :beer:

CBT
09-28-2011, 03:56 AM
You mean like that big Kentucky and MV 8 thunder shower :beer:
And what did we all do for it? Stood outside drinking and going "Ooooooooh! Ahhhhhhhh!", and taking pictures. :P

SC Cheesehead
09-28-2011, 04:54 AM
that comes stock with a Cold Air Intake right? DVI optional?

Yup, and if you try blowing back upwind, you'll also experience the optional Killer Chiller... ;)

IwantmyMMnow!
09-28-2011, 05:42 AM
Y'all take it easy on my man--he is just enlightening us all to the real...not the facts yet--but to be aware --so to make plans accordingly----heck--we all know most forecasters are wrong==but when they are right --well--we won't go there for this--but ----he is just trying to tell us all to keep an eye out on the weather --cause that is his thing--and rightly so--so be it--and we will , thanks for telling us is what I say--

I appreciate it. :banana:

FWIW, on my OP, I was talking about the weather on the 12th, and that day only....wasn't saying the entire MV9 was going to be snow and cold.

CBT
09-28-2011, 05:47 AM

FWIW, on my OP, I was talking about the weather on the 12th, and that day only....wasn't saying the entire MV9 was going to be snow and cold.

Holy crap are you still here?! Dang, thought we ran you off. :D Just remember, whatever you predict, your butt will be driving in it also :lol:

Blackened300a
09-28-2011, 06:26 AM

No, but the 12th is the first day, we get 6" of snow, the rest of the week will be ruined.

IwantmyMMnow!
09-28-2011, 06:27 AM
Holy crap are you still here?! Dang, thought we ran you off. :D Just remember, whatever you predict, your butt will be driving in it also :lol:

What can I say...I'm a glutton for punishment--just ask my ex-WIVES...:lol:

rayjay
09-28-2011, 07:16 AM
What can I say...I'm a glutton for punishment--just ask my ex-WIVES...:lol:

Uh, how many you got? I number mine... :D

IwantmyMMnow!
09-28-2011, 07:50 AM

Working on #2 right now...which is two too many...;)

rayjay
09-28-2011, 07:53 AM

You have some catching up to do. :D

Actually, I would not wish it on anyone. No win for either party, especially if children are involved.

Blackened300a
09-28-2011, 07:54 AM

He He, Married people.

IwantmyMMnow!
09-28-2011, 08:52 AM
You have some catching up to do. :D

Actually, I would not wish it on anyone. No win for either party, especially if children are involved.

Unfortunately, that's what I'm dealing with right now....

Enough on that, though....how 'bout the weather?:lol:

CBT
09-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Unfortunately, that's what I'm dealing with right now....

Enough on that, though....how 'bout the weather?:lol:

Cloudy, with a 100 percent chance of Banhammer coming down!! :D

IwantmyMMnow!
09-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Cloudy, with a 100 percent chance of Banhammer coming down!! :D

:bigcry:

So, I gotta ask a question and don't feel like starting a new thread since this one is getting plenty of attention...

When I bought my MM back in March, the passenger side fog light LENS (the glass piece) was/is busted. I've searched and searched (short of going to a junkyard) off and on since then, trying to find a replacement. If anyone knows where I can get a new/suitable replacement lens piece, please let me know and I'll buy you a beverage of your choice at MV9.

Thanks in advance...

Blackened300a
09-28-2011, 09:16 AM

So, I gotta ask a question and don't feel like starting a new thread since this one is getting plenty of attention...

When I bought my MM back in March, the passenger side fog light LENS (the glass piece) was/is busted. I've searched and searched (short of going to a junkyard) off and on since then, trying to find a replacement. If anyone knows where I can get a new/suitable replacement lens piece, please let me know and I'll buy you a beverage of your choice at MV9.

Thanks in advance...

Contact the member "Peter" he has OEM brand new foglamps for $75 a pair.

Since I passed on this info, Im expecting a better weather forecast. :D

CBT
09-28-2011, 09:17 AM

Thanks in advance...

Hey, start a "who's going to Marauderville, and do you have a (any Marauder part) for sale or trade while we are there". There always seems to be tinkering going on in the parking lots when 2 or more Marauders get together, and with 70 gonna be there, I'm sure a lot of people have a lot of spare stuff. Worth a shot.

IwantmyMMnow!
09-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Contact the member "Peter" he has OEM brand new foglamps for $75 a pair.

Since I passed on this info, Im expecting a better weather forecast. :D

FAIL!

I don't want fog lamps...I want the glass lens that the fog lamp/bulb shines through...

fastblackmerc
09-28-2011, 10:14 AM
FAIL!

I don't want fog lamps...I want the glass lens that the fog lamp/bulb shines through...

You can't just get the lenses. You got to buy the entire assembly.

Blackened300a
09-28-2011, 10:14 AM
FAIL!

No you FAIL, You can't remove the lens unless you wanna sit there and seal a new one in, why not just get a whole new foglamp with bulb included for under $100??:confused:

IwantmyMMnow!
09-28-2011, 10:36 AM
No you FAIL, You can't remove the lens unless you wanna sit there and seal a new one in, why not just get a whole new foglamp with bulb included for under $100??:confused:

I didn't know it was all one piece....explains why I can't find just the lens!

I'm just having such a wonderful day...and it's not even 2...

CBT
09-28-2011, 06:46 PM
I didn't know it was all one piece....explains why I can't find just the lens!

I'm just having such a wonderful day...and it's not even 2...

Marauderville will make it all better. :beer:

IwantmyMMnow!
09-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Marauderville will make it all better. :beer:

I'll need to have my foot removed from my mouth before then...

Oh well, I'm ready to go to bed and put an end to this day and see if tomorrow is better...

Go2GuyFL
09-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Hey, start a "who's going to Marauderville, and do you have a (any Marauder part) for sale or trade while we are there".

I have an unpolished rim I'd like to sell. Free shipping for any member attending MV9 as I can bring it with me.

If snow is truly in our future, y'all will get to see G-DZILLA up close ... our '94 Ford F-350 7.3l IDI diesel 4x4 crew cab long bed (23 ft. bumper to bumper). It needs a good application of Russ's polish since being painted last May.

rayjay
09-29-2011, 05:40 AM
I'll need to have my foot removed from my mouth before then...

Oh well, I'm ready to go to bed and put an end to this day and see if tomorrow is better...

Well I ran into family friends at DMV yesterday while I was renewing my driver license, they were registering their snow mobiles...

It so nice living in a rural county. I was in and out of DMV in under ten minutes, that included doing the eye exam and new photo. :D

vtwoodsman
10-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Just got our first heavy frost two nights ago. Starting from the last two weeks of October through the first two weeks of November....Vermont WILL have its first snow storm...as it has for the last 50 years! Last year it was on November 1st ~ the day I stored the MM for the winter.

Bigdogjim
10-07-2011, 06:00 PM
You know it does not matter what the weather is. We are marauder people and we will overcome:)

SC Cheesehead
10-07-2011, 08:35 PM
You know it does not matter what the weather is. We are marauder people and we will overcome:)

Yup, if all else fails,

http://imagecache6.allposters.com/LRG/51/5147/JLDCG00Z.jpg (http://affiliates.allposters.com/link/redirect.asp?item=7414533&AID=81977&PSTID=1&LTID=1&lang=1)

HammerDown
10-08-2011, 04:30 AM
Yup, if all else fails,

http://imagecache6.allposters.com/LRG/51/5147/JLDCG00Z.jpg (http://affiliates.allposters.com/link/redirect.asp?item=7414533&AID=81977&PSTID=1&LTID=1&lang=1)

Oh,,,,, all right........................

MyTMerc
10-08-2011, 05:33 AM
I have a hat and coat. Check... A Marauder with no heat (unless my new EATC arrives in time). Check... Ready to go.

rayjay
10-08-2011, 05:43 AM
Just got our first heavy frost two nights ago. Starting from the last two weeks of October through the first two weeks of November....Vermont WILL have its first snow storm...as it has for the last 50 years! Last year it was on November 1st ~ the day I stored the MM for the winter.

Same here... :( Heats on right now, but its supposed to go up into the 70's today :banana:

05crownsport
10-08-2011, 05:50 AM
I have an unpolished rim I'd like to sell. Free shipping for any member attending MV9 as I can bring it with me.

If snow is truly in our future, y'all will get to see G-DZILLA up close ... our '94 Ford F-350 7.3l IDI diesel 4x4 crew cab long bed (23 ft. bumper to bumper). It needs a good application of Russ's polish since being painted last May.

How much for the rim?

Bigdogjim
10-08-2011, 06:22 AM
Yup, if all else fails,

See that two great minds on the same track:up:

CBT
10-08-2011, 06:25 AM
How much for the rim?
You may have to shoot him a PM in case he doesn't read this before everyone heads out.

Go2GuyFL
10-08-2011, 06:29 AM
While the rim is already spoken for, I'll have it with me.

HammerDown
10-08-2011, 08:10 AM
okay, BACK TO THE WEATHER

Could it BE any more beautiful right now this weekend?????????

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

CBT
10-08-2011, 08:47 AM
okay, BACK TO THE WEATHER

Could it BE any more beautiful right now this weekend?????????

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Don't know about your location but it is stunning here in Hampton, gotta go pay some bills and pick up Marauder supplies and such, woo hoo!
As the departure time draws near, the excitement increases! :banana2:

Bigdogjim
10-08-2011, 10:09 AM
As the departure time draws near, the excitement increases! :banana2:

I agree! :beer:

Remember 24hour happy hour, all day, all night....:bows:

Pat
10-08-2011, 12:02 PM
The extended forcast for Harrisburg, Pa is improving with each day.

As of 2PM, Central time, the weather is - Wednesday and Thursday, 40% chance of rain (that not much), Friday 30%, Saturday 20% (car show day), and Sunday zero percent for rain. The trend seems to get better as the week wears on.

Cheers,

Bigdogjim
10-08-2011, 01:01 PM
The sun will be shinning by the time we get there. IF not it never rains in the bar:)

DOOM
10-08-2011, 04:19 PM
as the departure time draws near, the excitement in my pants increases as im thinking about seeing joe again! :banana2:

***fixed***

:flamer:

Blackened300a
10-08-2011, 04:21 PM
The extended forcast for Harrisburg, Pa is improving with each day.

As of 2PM, Central time, the weather is - Wednesday and Thursday, 40% chance of rain (that not much), Friday 30%, Saturday 20% (car show day), and Sunday zero percent for rain. The trend seems to get better as the week wears on.

Cheers,

I been monitoring it as well. Im hoping for the best.

rayjay
10-09-2011, 04:39 AM
Yesterday was beautiful here. We put a coat of Collanite on the car and buffed her out. Looking like another beauty today.

HammerDown
10-09-2011, 04:42 AM
Yesterday was beautiful here. We put a coat of Collanite on the car and buffed her out. Looking like another beauty today.

yes, here, too in Baltimore--THEY saying 80 degrees today.

Well, we can only hope for some of this to wander NORTH for next week.........................

rayjay
10-09-2011, 04:58 AM
yes, here, too in Baltimore--THEY saying 80 degrees today.

Well, we can only hope for some of this to wander NORTH for next week.........................

Well it already wandered alot farther north, 81*F here today under crystal clear skies. Summerish :D

HammerDown
10-09-2011, 05:06 AM
Well it already wandered alot farther north, 81*F here today under crystal clear skies. Summerish :D

then sun can meet in the middle next week--you bring it south with you and I will bring it north:banana:

Pat
10-10-2011, 12:11 PM
The forecast has changed the last day or so. Wednesday is now a definite rain day, Thursday and Friday remain the same from previous forecasts of scattered wetness. Saturday has been bouncing up and down, right now it's zero chance, same for Sunday.

So I see it as a go for all activities.

HammerDown
10-10-2011, 01:27 PM
It's been 80's & sunny here (Baltimore) for the last 3 days

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

rayjay
10-10-2011, 03:49 PM
It's been 80's & sunny here (Baltimore) for the last 3 days

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Same here! Today was another beauty.

HammerDown
10-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Same here! Today was another beauty.

I can't stop thinking------------:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

rayjay
10-10-2011, 05:42 PM
I can't stop thinking------------:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

It will be O Tae! :beer:

fordfrk
10-10-2011, 07:41 PM
It will be O Tae! :beer:

I've got the wine packed, or is it WHINE:D

Bigdogjim
10-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Hey gang....it never rains in the bar:)

justbob
10-13-2011, 09:22 AM
It's wet, with intermittent more wet. :(
http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefc53f7-1061-f52f.jpg

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Bluerauder
10-29-2011, 06:33 AM
What I saw wasn't pretty. Strong low pressure system over southern New England the morning of the 12th with VERY cold air coming in behind from the Great Lakes through the Ohio Valley to the mid-Atlantic coast. How cold? 3-6 inches of snow across most of PA by 8am and another 3-6 inches likely during the day. Wish I was just joking, but I'm not.

Your long range forecast was only off by 2 weeks .....

Here is what is happening in Hershey, PA today 29 October 2011 ....

"Snow and rain this morning...then snow this afternoon. Snow may be heavy at times this afternoon. Snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. Colder with highs in the mid 30s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming north this afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent."

Ms. Denmark
10-29-2011, 07:04 AM
Snowing at my house...

rayjay
10-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Snowing at my house...

We had ours Thursday night and some of it is still here. Now a nor'easter? They are saying it will just graze our area. Ya right... :rolleyes: Guess I better go make sure the snowblower runs, not that we are going anywhere on summer tires.

1800 hrs, the snow shield is about 8 miles south of us and headed this way... Rat farts!

Bluerauder
10-29-2011, 07:56 AM
Just rain here today. Temp is still 39.9*F. May get some sleet later as the temps keep dropping. I think Gordon and Chris are already on the edge of the snow band up near Frederick and Hagerstown. Even for this area, I think it is a tad early for snow at the end of October. Squirrels have been gathering nuts since late August. Do they know something that we don't?

guspech750
10-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Hmmmmmmm. I just hopefully mowed my grass for the last time last night.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

IwantmyMMnow!
10-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Your long range forecast was only off by 2 weeks .....

Interesting how you didn't quote my ENTIRE post, especially the part about me saying there was a low probability the long range models would be accurate.

Believe me, I was VERY happy that the models (and I, FWIW) were wrong...but I'm sure if it had snowed, we would've found a way to still have fun. Could've had a snowman contest, made a ton of snow cream, and I'm sure quite a few individuals would've been up for making 'yellow' snow...:lol:

(Well, PINK in Doom's case) :P

Bigdogjim
10-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Yeah and just think of the snowballs you did not get tossed your way:lol:

cruzer
10-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Today a group of Marauder owners enjoyed temps ranging from 45-65 with clear skies and light winds (Centerville 2011). We've had a rough Summer--broke records for most days above 100 degrees and have forgotten what rain looks like--but today made us forget . My 21 years on Long Island gave me plenty of experience with snow, hurricanes and Nor'easters--I'll take Texas overall. You folks have fun playing in the snow while I enjoy watching the sunset from my patio. Seriously, stay safe and warm, Maury

IwantmyMMnow!
10-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah and just think of the snowballs you did not get tossed your way:lol:

No doubt...I probably would've ended up looking like a snowman myself....a yellow snowman!