PDA

View Full Version : 1/8 Mile Times

greyghost
01-18-2004, 05:11 AM
My home track is an 1/8 mile and I would like to post my times but it would be confusing to some that are not familiar with the difference and others wouldn't believe them and think they were 1/4 mile times.

martyo
01-18-2004, 05:43 AM
Barry, Why not just put your 1/8 mile stats in your signature? I know I would like to see 'em and I am sure others would as well.

greyghost
01-18-2004, 06:04 AM
Barry, Why not just put your 1/8 mile stats in your signature? I know I would like to see 'em and I am sure others would as well.
I was looking at the profile section and saw there wasn't any place for it. My home track is 10 min. from my driveway and I run my Drag Bike there. My MM hasn't been yet. I am waiting to get the Level II trans from DR with the hi stall converter, cooler and my Kooks installed and should have that by the time the track opens March 14 or I can run to Commerce/ Atlanta Dragway on Feb. 28. There might be some tracks open in south GA before then. There are a lot of 1/8th mile track down here. The reason is multifold. The shorter track takes up less space and they can run my vehicles in a given time. 1/4 mi takes considerably longer to shut down and get off the track before they cane stage the next run.

paheff
01-18-2004, 06:36 AM
My closest track is also 1/8 mile. I'm glad to hear someone else will have 1/8 mile times. My first ever trip to the track as other than a spectator was 2 weeks ago. If I were you, I'd go before every mod just so that I could quantify the gains of each. I didn't take mine while it was "bone stock", but wish I would have.
My best E.T. is in my sig. Best RT of the day was .525 (.500=perfect) Best mph was 75.50.
BTW is a Pro Tree perfect @ .400? If so, what do you call it when perfect is .500? How do you know what track uses what standard, in advance?

paheff
01-18-2004, 06:51 AM
Anyone else have 1/8 info?.....Anyone?

TooManyFords
01-18-2004, 10:00 AM
I've done comparison runs with my GTimer Pro and posted the stats on my web site (newly revised for my Marauder!)

http://john.frieltek.com/toomanyfords/marauder/GTimer/default.asp

Cheers!

John

SergntMac
01-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Anyone who has run a 1/4 mile and got a time slip, the 1/8 miles numbers are there, yes?

TAF
01-18-2004, 12:06 PM
Anyone who has run a 1/4 mile and got a time slip, the 1/8 miles numbers are there, yes?
Yep...and the only thing you miss by not going 1/4 is....just about everything, from what I've seen. Our cars don't really get going until the second half of the run. Just my opinion.

Logan
01-18-2004, 12:12 PM
I'm in the middle of revamping the Timeslips feature to work with the new site layout... Hang tight! :)

greyghost
01-18-2004, 12:44 PM
My closest track is also 1/8 mile. I'm glad to hear someone else will have 1/8 mile times. My first ever trip to the track as other than a spectator was 2 weeks ago. If I were you, I'd go before every mod just so that I could quantify the gains of each. I didn't take mine while it was "bone stock", but wish I would have.
My best E.T. is in my sig. Best RT of the day was .525 (.500=perfect) Best mph was 75.50.
BTW is a Pro Tree perfect @ .400? If so, what do you call it when perfect is .500? How do you know what track uses what standard, in advance?
You ask at the track you are at what knida tree you have to use Pro or standard and whether its a .5 or a .4 tree.

.525 is a great time and will win on most days. You can buy reaction time traing devices to improve your times.

As far as mods go your are coprrect but I just am not that organized I have specific times and speeds that I am shootinmg for and will deal with getting those results.

SergntMac
01-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Building a MM specifically for the 1/8 contest would be an exciting project. I think there are a lot of neat tricks one could employ to make it a kick azz contender, moreso due to its size and weight. Quite naturally, it would be limited limited in other contests, and highway travel as well. That's what I like about Kenny Brown's approach. You get to enjoy a lot of different racing events, and still enjoy it as a daily driver with championship OTR comfort.

OTOH, if your local 1/8 track is so close you will visit there often, you gotta do what ya gotta do. Last season, my friend Bill Hall down in Portsmouth VA. took the track championship in 1/8 mile bracket races with a Kenny Brown build.

greyghost
01-18-2004, 03:36 PM
Building a MM specifically for the 1/8 contest would be an exciting project. I think there are a lot of neat tricks one could employ to make it a kick azz contender, moreso due to its size and weight. Quite naturally, it would be limited limited in other contests, and highway travel as well. That's what I like about Kenny Brown's approach. You get to enjoy a lot of different racing events, and still enjoy it as a daily driver with championship OTR comfort.

OTOH, if your local 1/8 track is so close you will visit there often, you gotta do what ya gotta do. Last season, my friend Bill Hall down in Portsmouth VA. took the track championship in 1/8 mile bracket races with a Kenny Brown build.
Since it is all bracket racing (consistancy wins) I don't have to be the fastest to win. I will still have the car as a daily driver

I still like street racing which isn't to PC but thats the way I was made.

I get a lot out of my system with the drag bike. 6.9 sec @ 100 mph. When we get the new mods going this year it should drop down into the low 6's and with the new motor and NO2 into the 5's. 60 ft times will be getting down to under 1.5 and closer to 1.0 sec.