PDA

View Full Version : Regional Forums Leaders

Logan
01-19-2004, 07:36 PM
All,

I've setup Public groups to help folks identify users who might live in the same general area.

The available groups correspond with the regional user forums that've been setup.

What I need is someone from each region to step up and identify themselves if they're willing to be the regional leader as it were.

Just post up in this thread.

You can see the available regional groups HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups)

cruzer
01-19-2004, 07:49 PM
All,

I've setup Public groups to help folks identify users who might live in the same general area.

The available groups correspond with the regional user forums that've been setup.

What I need is someone from each region to step up and identify themselves if they're willing to be the regional leader as it were.

You can see the available regional groups HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups)
I guess I'm it., Maury

03SILVERSTREAK
01-19-2004, 07:52 PM
All,

That works for me... :bounce:

MI2QWK4U
01-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Logan,
I will be happy to take care of the Motor City Marauder forum for us.
Dave

MapleLeafMerc
01-19-2004, 09:54 PM
All,

I'd be happy to help up here or assist one of the other Canadian members if they want to lead. We aren't as easy to group geographically, but we'll manage!

TripleTransAm
01-20-2004, 07:42 AM
Does this mean the groups will not be visible to non-members? Personally I've never minded seeing posts from regional forums not applicable to my own region.

2003 MIB
01-20-2004, 07:48 AM
I guess I'm it., Maury

Some men are born to greatness, others have greatness thrust upon them.
Face it Maury- we're a soup sandwich without your efforts to keep us focused. I (for one) am very thankful. You Rock!

Logan
01-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Does this mean the groups will not be visible to non-members? Personally I've never minded seeing posts from regional forums not applicable to my own region.
No, the groups and associated forums are still fully available. The group functionality makes it easier to get in touch with everyone in the group and stuff like that.

Plus, if you notice, beside my name, I have a cool little Texas Flag that signifies me a member of North Texas Marauders. I'll be rolling little stuff like that out to group members as well.

TAF
01-20-2004, 08:36 AM
Plus, if you notice, beside my name, I have a cool little Texas Flag that signifies me a member of North Texas Marauders. I'll be rolling little stuff like that out to group members as well.
Uh-Oh!!! Are you aware of the "stuff" we've got going on here in GA on flags...we've had 3 or 4 different "official" state flags over the last 3 or 4 years...this could get interesting...

2003 MIB
01-20-2004, 08:36 AM
I WANT A FLAG!!!! please

03SILVERSTREAK
01-20-2004, 08:43 AM
No, the groups and associated forums are still fully available. The group functionality makes it easier to get in touch with everyone in the group and stuff like that.

Quick question- Will you have Avatars or Icons of every state flags available for every members signification?

03SILVERSTREAK
01-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Opps-I see it Logan(little stuff like that out to group members as well). I got it...<!--StartFragment --> http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/r/winknudge.gif

LincMercLover
01-20-2004, 09:03 AM
I guess Midwest gets thrown in with the Windy City gang eh? :alone:

Ross
01-20-2004, 09:47 AM
Uh, oh. If North Texas Marauders get the Texas flag, I guess the rest of us in Texas get the Confederate flag?

2003 MIB
01-20-2004, 09:57 AM
I would like to suggest that my South Texas brothers adopt the 1835 Goliad Flag. It was the first flag of Texas Independence and is a bloody arm swinging a sword. Very cool!

Ross
01-20-2004, 10:34 AM
I also like the Gonzalez Flag. For folks outside of the Republic, here is a little Texas history. In the early 1830's, the Mexican government (which then owned Texas) gave the town of Gonzalez a cannon to help defend themselves against Indian attacks. In 1835, when Texans were making a little too much noise about independence, the government asked for the cannon to be returned. When the Texans wouldn't do so politely, the Mexican Army marched on Gonzalez to take the cannon back forcibly. The townspeople raised a banner with the outline of a cannon and the words "COME AND TAKE IT." The Mexican Army came, but were driven back, without their cannon. That flag could well be a banner for Second Amendment rights. If you want my gun, COME AND TAKE IT.

Ross
01-20-2004, 10:43 AM
How do I post a pic out of my computer's hard drive onto a post?

TAF
01-20-2004, 10:44 AM
How do I post a pic out of my computer's hard drive onto a post?
Ross...

Hit "Reply"
Scroll down to "Additional Options"
Hit "Manage Attachments"
Hit "Browse"
Find the file on your computer and upload.

2003 MIB
01-20-2004, 10:54 AM
God, I love Texas history! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ross
01-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Here's the flag

Ross
01-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Here's an interesting site with a number of the flags of the Texas War of Independence. Noticably absent from this site is the Alamo flag. It was a modified Mexican flag with the red, white and green stripes, with the date "1824" in the middle, signifying the Texans' desire to return to the liberal Mexican Constitution of 1824 which granted broad civil rights, and which had been abandoned by the dictator Santa Anna.

http://www.tamu.edu/ccbn/dewitt/indepenflgs.htm

dwasson
01-20-2004, 11:16 AM
Motor City Marauders can have a flag with a dead guy on it.

2003 MIB
01-20-2004, 11:25 AM

Or Nugent's severed leg...

CRUZTAKER
01-20-2004, 07:55 PM
OK Logan, it's time for me to take a stand. The 'All Ohio' thread is buried so deep in the regional forum, most Ohioans have never found it!

I was gonna ask Rick this year to please move it up to the dedicated list of regional clubs.....

Well, this is a great opportunity. We have atleast 20 or more Ohio folks that I know of, many that don't even know we had a thread.

There for I am ready to not only ask that Ohio be represented, and our thread moved to the main 'regional' list, but I will offer to be the Ohio contact*.

*As long as Jacki (JBR927) is OK with that, and likely she will want to be a leader as well.

Barry

MI2QWK4U
01-20-2004, 08:01 PM

I vote for a skull and crossbone design for our flag... anyone got one?

MarauderMike
01-20-2004, 08:07 PM
How about this Dave? :banana2:

MI2QWK4U
01-20-2004, 08:32 PM
How about this Dave? :banana2:

arrr arrr matey....me thinks i will pirate your flag avitar instead!!

Logan
01-21-2004, 06:40 AM
...and what do I call this Ohio Group? Ohio Marauders? That's gay. Need something cooler than that. :D

TAF
01-21-2004, 06:44 AM
...and what do I call this Ohio Group? Ohio Marauders? That's gay. Need something cooler than that. :DLogan...you know that^^^could be offensive to a certain member who has a "rainbow-listing" of mods in his sig...*cough*Martyo*cough*

I'm just trying to be sensitive....

2003 MIB
01-21-2004, 06:56 AM
...and what do I call this Ohio Group? Ohio Marauders? That's gay. Need something cooler than that. :D

Buckeye Marauders? Where's my flag Logan??

2003 MIB
01-21-2004, 07:07 AM

Potential cool names for Ohio Group:
The Widowmakers
The River Rats
The Black Plague
The Ohio Players

martyo
01-21-2004, 07:20 AM
Barry'z Boyz?

martyo
01-21-2004, 07:27 AM
Logan...you know that^^^could be offensive to a certain member who has a "rainbow-listing" of mods in his sig...*cough*Martyo*cough*

I'm just trying to be sensitive....
Look "Snippy" you really don't me going there, now do ya?

CRUZTAKER
01-21-2004, 07:37 AM
A nice bunch of suggestions:depress:

I was thinking 'Buckeye Marauders' myself. I like that.
How about we make that the name? AND move our hidden thread up to the front page of the 'regional forum'....please?

It's finally court day....
I am now off to represent unsatisfied consumers everywhere. I've got several hundred pages of dialogue, 8x10 color glossy photos, a freshly pressed white shirt and jet black suit, a power tie, and I even shaved and combed my hair!
:cool4:

In the famous words of Al Bundy...Let's Rock!

martyo
01-21-2004, 08:23 AM
It's finally court day....
I am now off to represent unsatisfied consumers everywhere. I've got several hundred pages of dialogue, 8x10 color glossy photos, a freshly pressed white shirt and jet black suit, a power tie, and I even shaved and combed my hair!
Hmmm, maybe I should be taking tips from Barry!

MERCMAN
01-21-2004, 08:26 AM
A nice bunch of suggestions:depress:

and I even shaved and combed my hair!

In the famous words of Al Bundy...Let's Rock!

How do you shave your hair? :shot:

martyo
01-21-2004, 08:39 AM
How do you shave your hair? :shot:
If you met Barry, you would obviously understand this.

Haggis
01-21-2004, 08:52 AM
Logan, how about breaking up the Northeast region a little more? The Members in NY, CT, MA, NJ, NE and parts of PA are a little north for those of us in MD, DE, VA, and D.C. (do we even have any D.C. members?). I was wondering if we could set up our own group within the Northeast Regional Group. We have also started have our own little group meetings under the title of Capitial Area Marauders (CAM). We have about a dozen or so in the area that I know about and possible a new member that I made contact with just yesterday.

SergntMac
01-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the assistance and opportunity here Logan, I hope someone from the Windy City tribe steps up soon.

Nice to see the pride and interest in flags from Texans here. Y'all have your MV-I commemorative license plate, right. The plate displays the seven flags over Texas logo. If not, y'all better hurry, one of those plates has a real 100 dollar bill attached to it.

CRUZTAKER
01-21-2004, 11:11 AM
Logan, I have an avitar for the 'Buckeye Marauders', but I won't get it to you till this weekend. I am back off to Detroit, and must leave now, post haste, and out run this snow that's coming in tonite.

I have results from my hearing....new thread.:banana:

2Quick, how 'bout this flag?

Petrograde
01-21-2004, 05:05 PM
Logan, I have an avitar for the 'Buckeye Marauders',

Is it the odd shaped state flag barry?

Tom

Billatpro
01-21-2004, 05:23 PM
All,

I will step up for the Twin Cities group, we could perhaps add the 5 state area here and change the name to some thing more "Regional" the 5 state area is MN,WI,ND,SD and IA. that is if these folks don't mind being grouped.

CRUZTAKER
01-21-2004, 05:40 PM
Is it the odd shaped state flag barry?

Tomuhh huhh, he said odd...

And it moves:D

Bigdogjim
01-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Uh-Oh!!! Are you aware of the "stuff" we've got going on here in GA on flags...we've had 3 or 4 different "official" state flags over the last 3 or 4 years...this could get interesting...

OK! Its got to be an Southern thing? Just pick one and the hell with the others!

:argue: :stupid:

RCSignals
01-22-2004, 12:55 AM
Could we have a NorthWest Group, or break up the West Coast Group a little more?

Ross
01-22-2004, 02:58 PM
OK, Logan, since no one has volunteered, I'll take the south or southeast Texas Group, if you will set one up on the site. For names, I suggest

Republic of Texas Marauders

with the Goliad flag, or "Bloody Arm Banner" as previously suggested. Anyone else in south or southeast Texas have other ideas?

greyghost
01-24-2004, 06:06 AM
All,

Logan, I have talked with TAF, FordNut and BlackTerror about a regional group. We came up with the "Souther Marauders" which will cover GA, East TN, East AL, Southern SC, and Northern FL. What do we need to do to get this in the Regional Club Forum?

Logan
01-24-2004, 06:24 AM
Yep yep... I'll fire 'er up this weekend.

greyghost
01-24-2004, 06:27 AM
You're the Man!

Barr
GOC0002

Billatpro
01-27-2004, 07:13 PM

Logan, so what's happening with the Forum leaders poll. some (including myself) have come forward to become the forum leaders but I haven't seen any changes in the listings? :confused:

CRUZTAKER
01-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Logan, so what's happening with the Forum leaders poll. some (including myself) have come forward to become the forum leaders but I haven't seen any changes in the listings? :confused:

I have the same question, is the 'fire her up this weekend' reply for greyghost, or everyone that has inquired with you?

Logan
01-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Sorry! I'm a little behind guys... I've been in the garage the last two days installing a supercharger... I'll get to this stuff tomorrow if it's a slow day at the office... No worries, it's all comin' soon...

GarageMahal
01-27-2004, 07:21 PM
I see that I show up in a list here: http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showgroups.php? (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showgroups.php)?

Not that I have a clue what it means :cool:

jta

CRUZTAKER
01-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Very cool, keeping priorities intact:up: :burnout:

BTW: Nice install.

Billatpro
01-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Oh yes, you do have the right priority order there Logan, even if it is "Staged" :P

greyghost
01-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Sorry! I'm a little behind guys... I've been in the garage the last two days installing a supercharger... I'll get to this stuff tomorrow if it's a slow day at the office... No worries, it's all comin' soon...
I figured that's what it was when I saw your post of what you are doing. Take your time and get the install correct I can wait as I am sure so can the others but, I am not speaking for them.

CRUZTAKER
01-31-2004, 03:45 PM
Hey Logan, I tried and tried, but the icon I had in mind is as follows. I wanted some color, but my talents underway my visions. This is the icon I had in mind. I sized it to standard avitar size. If it doesn't work, let's just use the Ohio flag I posted in reply #43. It can be resized at the link I posted in the members forum.

Logan
01-31-2004, 08:45 PM
Progress has been made. I created the Buckeye Marauders and Southern Marauders. Still on the drawing board, South Texas and Northwest.

CRUZTAKER
02-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Are we all gonna get cute little avitars like the Texas marauders have as well?

Logan
02-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Make yours the same size as mine and I'll put it up there. No larger than 20x15 pixels.

BUCKWHEAT
02-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Some men are born to greatness, others have greatness thrust upon them.
Face it Maury- we're a soup sandwich without your efforts to keep us focused. I (for one) am very thankful. You Rock!
Yea, Maury.....

CRUZTAKER
02-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Make yours the same size as mine and I'll put it up there. No larger than 20x15 pixels.
OK, the custom made one got lost that small, but the flag works. Let me know if you can use it. Thank you oh button master. :bows:

N40GL
02-04-2004, 09:55 AM
I'd be happy to step up and take Windy City, if you want to break it off from "Midwest".

Assuming no other objections, of course.......

2003 MIB
02-04-2004, 10:15 AM
I'd be happy to step up and take Windy City, if you want to break it off from "Midwest".

Assuming no other objections, of course.......
Hmmm, cool group names for y'all:
Chicago Fire
The Blues Brothers
Da Bears
Chicago Region Inspired Marauder Enthusiasts (CRIME)
or because it's a break away group, "Breaking Wind"
Feel free to not use any of these....:D

Ross
02-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Chicago Group:

Marauder
Aficionados
For
Interesting
Activities

MAFIA

OK, it was just a thought. Sorry.

Ross
02-04-2004, 10:31 AM
BTW, Logan, what about the suggestion for our Southeast/South Texas Group? Republic of Texas Marauders?

SergntMac
02-04-2004, 12:28 PM
I'd be happy to step up and take Windy City, if you want to break it off from "Midwest". Assuming no other objections, of course.......

Suggestions of a name change make me want to ask if you are considering a name change from the Windy City Crew? Not that it matters, but if you are, there's an old (now inactive) racing club once called "Chicago Hit Men." I still have some decals, could look into getting some made. Just a thought...

2003 MIB
02-04-2004, 12:47 PM
BTW, Logan, what about the suggestion for our Southeast/South Texas Group? Republic of Texas Marauders?

Ross- I planned on callin' y'all that anyway....;)

2003 MIB
02-04-2004, 12:49 PM
"Windy City Crew" "Chicago Hit Men."
Those are both really cool IMHO...:pimp:

Firedab
02-28-2004, 06:06 AM
Logan,
Would you be willing to add another regional forum for the South/Central Florida Owners? We had a group of us get together last night and would love to have a designated forum. You can add me as the leader for this group and maybe this will help our group grow. Let me know if this could be done, and I will try to get a name for our group. Thanks for all!

CRUZTAKER
02-28-2004, 08:27 AM
Sun Central Marauders...?

CRUZTAKER
04-10-2004, 07:27 AM
Test avitar.............

SID210SA
03-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Is this thing still open to new regions...if so I would like to start an Alamo Area Marauder region.....

Mike

Bluerauder
03-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Is this thing still open to new regions...if so I would like to start an Alamo Area Marauder region.....

Mike
Alright .... Marauder rentals. ;) How 'bout River Walk Marauders?

SID210SA
03-24-2008, 05:24 AM
Not a bad suggested name......

Geno M
04-17-2008, 01:23 PM
I am trying to find out about meets for someone in the Cleveland. Geno M

Bluerauder
04-17-2008, 02:07 PM
I am trying to find out about meets for someone in the Cleveland. Geno M
Try the Buckeye Marauder forum here >>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

TiTo35
04-17-2008, 02:46 PM
I didnt read thru the whole thread...but does CAM have a regional leader?

MyTMerc
04-17-2008, 03:24 PM
I didnt read thru the whole thread...but does CAM have a regional leader?

Yes, but we rotate it every ten minutes and we don't publish a schedule for security reasons. If you missed your turn, don't worry, it will come back around soon. :rofl:

We don't have any CAM officers or formal organization. We have folks that step up to put together events and meets but then turn over the reigns. Many have done so and it seems to work pretty well.