PDA

View Full Version : Gaging Interest in Staying @ MV 9 Hotel For Carlisle

Ms. Denmark
10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Would you stay @ our MV 9 Hotel for Carlisle at a group rate of $95/nite for a standard room or $110/nite for a Suite, breakfast included?

Please choose all poll answers that apply.

Krytin
10-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Sorry - looks and sounds like a great place but traffic can and has been a pain even getting back to the local Hotels in the past.
I'm too old and lack the patience but it sounds like a great deal for people who are more tolerant!

Mr. Man
10-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Sorry - looks and sounds like a great place but traffic can and has been a pain even getting back to the local Hotels in the past.
I'm too old and lack the patience but it sounds like a great deal for people who are more tolerant! Honestly Paul, it's hard to know without driving it (which we will do prior to the show) but the major delays are navigating in Carlisle itself. By staying in Harrisburg, we can avoid the city traffic jams and get out to 83 via the back road which we know has no traffic to speak of. Being a weekend, there shouldn't be much commuter traffic. We'll be the guinea pigs and report our findings. I do know that we'll save $$.

Blackened300a
10-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Honestly Paul, it's hard to know without driving it (which we will do prior to the show) but the major delays are navigating in Carlisle itself. By staying in Harrisburg, we can avoid the city traffic jams and get out to 83 via the back road which we know has no traffic to speak of. Being a Major car show weekend, there should be a ton of commuter traffic. We'll be the guinea pigs and report our findings. I do know that we'll save $$.

Fixed.....

vtwoodsman
10-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Didn't like our MV9 hotel all that much!

71cyclone
02-12-2012, 12:34 AM
I'm too old and lack the patience but it sounds like a great deal for people who are more tolerant!
Chambersburg is 14 miles due south of Carlysle and hardley any traffic with a host of hotels and a Great Harley Dealer [ Harley D of Chambersburg ] :D

71cyclone
02-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Didn't like our MV9 hotel all that much!
[ I like the wheels ] Check Chambersburg, I have stayed there in the past , no traffic at all / I stopped shopping Harrisburg during carlysle shows 6 years ago [ partiallty because I come up from 270 instead of from 695 Baltimore to 83 ] another option is mechanicsburg [Harrisburg west ] 15 miles from Carlisle

71cyclone
06-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Mechanicsburg is another good option:beer:

guspech750
06-10-2012, 04:40 PM
I liked our MV9 hotel. They blocked off the parking lot just for us and us only. Plus the bar was right there too. That in itself is full of win!!

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Ms. Denmark
06-10-2012, 06:08 PM
I liked our MV9 hotel. They blocked off the parking lot just for us and us only. Plus the bar was right there too. That in itself is full of win!!

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!! Hey Joe, as you prolly heard, there were a few issues this time, with the Pub especially. Justin Bacon, the rooms manager was made aware of all my concerns (on behalf of our group). He was very sorry and had the general manager call me to apologize. They do want our business in the future and hope to have a chance to make it up to us. I will be happy to ask him for a proposal for rooms next year for Carlisle for those who are interested in staying there. Eric and I had a very comfortable room and had no issue with the drive over to the show field.

jabird56
06-10-2012, 07:55 PM
I like the group all together on the first floor, looking out at our Marauders. The bar was OK. With service issues one night at MV9, I didn't give them an opportunity with the Carlisle weekend and went elsewhere. I went to the Olive Garden just a few miles up the road.

I wouldn't mind staying there again next year, taking the BACK way into the show was a WHOLE LOT better that fighting the main gates in the morning. Plus coming in GATE 5, we were just a 100yds in the gate to the MM area on the hill.

SC Cheesehead
06-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Hey Joe, as you prolly heard, there were a few issues this time, with the Pub especially. Justin Bacon, the rooms manager was made aware of all my concerns (on behalf of our group). He was very sorry and had the general manager call me to apologize. They do want our business in the future and hope to have a chance to make it up to us. I will be happy to ask him for a proposal for rooms next year for Carlisle for those who are interested in staying there. Eric and I had a very comfortable room and had no issue with the drive over to the show field.

What, they run out of beer? :confused:

Ms. Denmark
06-11-2012, 11:02 AM
What, they run out of beer? :confused: Funny you should say that, Rex! Derek waited over an hour for a bottle of Blue Moon! :eek: Of course it was difficult for the waitress to track him down since he insisted on jumping up to sing every Karaoeke song they played!!

SC Cheesehead
06-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Funny you should say that, Rex! Derek waited over an hour for a bottle of Blue Moon! :eek: Of course it was difficult for the waitress to track him down since he insisted on jumping up to sing every Karaoeke song they played!!

Whaaaa????!!!!! :eek:

http://q8othug.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/unacceptable_cat.jpg?w=655

Derek doing karaoke? I shoulda been there... :(

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrnqTr6_-ORBmWT8FpD21J7AvtRU4pwj4eGIjpu m8HaA3MYeSNXLy2zJ0 (http://pd.scisdragons.net/pvalenza/files/2011/12/Rock_on_by_TechII.jpg)

:D

Ms. Denmark
06-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Whaaaa????!!!!! :eek:

http://q8othug.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/unacceptable_cat.jpg?w=655

Derek doing karaoke? I shoulda been there... :(

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrnqTr6_-ORBmWT8FpD21J7AvtRU4pwj4eGIjpu m8HaA3MYeSNXLy2zJ0 (http://pd.scisdragons.net/pvalenza/files/2011/12/Rock_on_by_TechII.jpg)

:D Yeah! I had to draw the line when he insisted we do this duet. :eek::D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyYwmMddEy4&feature=related

Comin' in Hot
06-11-2012, 12:16 PM
unfortunately there was no karaoke for me, if the waitress would have actually served us, I probably would have be shamed into singing Baby Got Back.

Ms. Denmark
06-11-2012, 12:29 PM
unfortunately there was no karaoke for me, if the waitress would have actually served us, I probably would have be shamed into singing Baby Got Back. :banana2: Next time! LOL

SC Cheesehead
06-11-2012, 12:30 PM
unfortunately there was no karaoke for me, if the waitress would have actually served us lotsa beers, I probably would have sung my azz off singing Baby Got Back.

Fixed! :D

"[When I got drunk] I was stealing the show, Money to burn and the girls were pretty; It didn't take me long to learn that I was born to boogie." :beer: