PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a SE Area Group?

Donny Carlson
01-19-2004, 10:07 PM
I see a fairly active number of people from the Georgia-Tennessee-Alabama area. Any interest in forming a group, or is Atlanta about to form one? Seems like a natural, with NASCAR being so popular and with great venues (Road Atlanta, Talledega, Barber Motorsports Park, Bristol, etc.)

TAF
01-20-2004, 07:17 AM
I see a fairly active number of people from the Georgia-Tennessee-Alabama area. Any interest in forming a group, or is Atlanta about to form one? Seems like a natural, with NASCAR being so popular and with great venues (Road Atlanta, Talledega, Barber Motorsports Park, Bristol, etc.)Donny,

We gather on the 3rd Saturday of every month here in Atlanta for breakfast. No agendas, no official business, no "politics"....just cars, car-talk and grits. You are welcome to join us any time. We are frequently graced with the presence of Bob & Jean Mathis from L.A. (that's Lower Alabama for those not "in the know"), Fordnut from Knoxville and the boys from Charlotte. Come join us!!!
We will meet next on Saturday, February 21st (see the Calendar on the site).

Mad1
01-20-2004, 10:54 AM
Donny,

There's about 4 other MM drivers from Nashville area on the board. We haven't had much in the way of organization though. (We're waiting for TAF to sell his house and move to Music City. Hurry up already!)

Jeremy
Mad1

Donny Carlson
01-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Donny,

Come join us!!!

We will meet next on Saturday, February 21st (see the Calendar on the site).I'd love to. But, Saturday's are difficult for me to get leave (being a lowly government employee). I will try to make it the 21st, but will probably have better luck with a later date. Gotta have a system to get the leave request in before all the slots are gone!:beatnik:

I

TAF
01-24-2004, 07:53 PM
Just know you are always welcome to join us Donny. And watch for some of our Dyno-days that we have...:up:

Fin Harder 92
01-25-2004, 07:43 PM
I would love to have a get together at Thunder Valley in Bristol, TN. It's a wonderful venue, plenty of nice hotels, wickedly prepped track, good food, yada, yada, yada. Hell, let's go!

Take Care

FordNut
01-25-2004, 08:37 PM
I would love to have a get together at Thunder Valley in Bristol, TN. It's a wonderful venue, plenty of nice hotels, wickedly prepped track, good food, yada, yada, yada. Hell, let's go!

Take Care

FFW August 6-8. Be there. We ought to try and organize something. FFW Atlanta will be April 16-18. Some of us plan to be there too. No formal agenda for either of them yet, at least for MMs.

Fin Harder 92
01-25-2004, 11:18 PM
No problem. I can be there in August. My mom still lives there, cheep place to stay. It seems like the most central place for folks on the east coast to meet. We could have a really good turnout.

Take Care

01 Interceptor
01-30-2004, 10:01 AM
Hey all you SE owners! I am in the ATL area (Hampton, actually), and if I am still around for the next meet, I will do my best to make an appearance. It will be great to meet you guys.

Bring on the grits!