PDA

View Full Version : Got flags? I don't...

IwantmyMMnow!
10-24-2011, 12:08 AM
So, last Thursday afternoon I finally had a chance to wash my MM after all the driving in the rain getting to MV9 and after playing 'bug catcher' on the way home. Had plans to head up to Asheville (250 mile/just under 4hr drive) to see my kids for the weekend, so I had to get her all spiffy. It's amazing how 'bling' the wheels can be with a good wash and application of (insert favorite tire shine product here)!!!

Put on my MV9 t-shirt, hung the lanyard off the rearview mirror, grabbed my Marauderville flag and put in on the rear passenger window, drivers side. Left my house and 15 minutes later was merging onto the interstate going WOT until I hit 80mph....

About 45 mins later, I hear this tapping/knocking sound; takes me several minutes to figure out what the heck it could be. My initial thought was, "why the hell is CBT on the roof of my car and what the hell is he knocking for?", but then I realize it must be my flag making that noise. So, I adjust the side mirror to see my flag, and there it is, flopping around, hanging on by a thread. It had broken/snapped at the base and I could tell is was going to fly off soon. I then thought, "I need to pull over and take it down before it completely flies off". Within 5 seconds after that thought goes through my mind, POOF, there it goes, landing in the road behind me, then CRUNCH, the car that was behind me runs over it. NOOOOOOOooooooooo!

Were there any extras left over from MV9? If so, how much $$$ to get another one? I took a pic of what was left still attached to my MM (not much) and will post it on this thread later....

CBT
10-24-2011, 03:10 AM
About 45 mins later, I hear this tapping/knocking sound; takes me several minutes to figure out what the heck it could be. My initial thought was, "why the hell is CBT on the roof of my car and what the hell is he knocking for?", but then I realize it must be my flag making that noise.

Were there any extras left over from MV9? If so, how much $$$ to get another one? I took a pic of what was left still attached to my MM (not much) and will post it on this thread later....

I'm more a fan of the 'no-knock' entry method. :cool:

If you can't get a replacement, send me your address. As awesome as the flag is, I have vent shades, I can't use it. :(

Haggis
10-24-2011, 03:14 AM
Who are you? I do not remember you at MV9 and I do not understand these flag things you speak of.

justbob
10-24-2011, 04:14 AM
I lost my flag before I could exit the parking lot at the museum! SUCKS big time as it was a high quality flag. :( Mine slipped off like nothing which was weird considering how hard it was to attach without scratching my tint.

This was posted live, in real time.

SC Cheesehead
10-24-2011, 04:27 AM
Who are you? I do not remember you at MV9 and I do not understand these flag things you speak of.

Sure you do, he drives a SB, he's a Carolina Marauder member, and on top of it, a Packer fan!

He's referring to the black MM.net flags that we all got in our goodie bags.

I've got an extra you can have, Kyle.

Bluerauder
10-24-2011, 04:33 AM
... grabbed my Marauderville flag and put in on the rear passenger window, drivers side. Left my house and 15 minutes later was merging onto the interstate going WOT until I hit 80mph....

80 MPH??? :eek: Pretty sure those flag brackets are not certified for hurricane force winds. :rolleyes:

Your OTHER flags are missing, too !!! ;)

slickster
10-24-2011, 05:07 AM
80 MPH??? :eek: Pretty sure those flag brackets are not certified for hurricane force winds. :rolleyes:

Get out of my head

CBT
10-24-2011, 05:38 AM
Sure you do, he drives a SB, he's a Carolina Marauder member, and on top of it, a Packer fan!

Thanks, Rex! I forgot that tidbit of info!

I hereby retract my free Marauder flag offer, and will provide you with a Bears flag in its stead. Good day, Sir!! :D

MM03MOK
10-24-2011, 05:44 AM
The flags were donated by Shermanator and MM.Net to the cars attending Marauderville 9. The extra flags were then used as Raffle prizes. That's all we have. Thanks again, Sherman, for the great idea and the donation!! :2thumbs:

BTW: ours did work with the window vent on the car...but we weren't moving like a Hurricane. ;)

Bigdogjim
10-24-2011, 08:38 AM
I remember seeing more than one on the roadway after a convoy. I know for a fact one was on the ground at Hersey Park after we came aroud the long bend right before going under the roadway.

SC Cheesehead
10-24-2011, 10:20 AM

I hereby retract my free Marauder flag offer, and will provide you with a Bears flag in its stead. Good day, Sir!! :D

Howzabout we (me 'n Kyle) bet with you on the Bear's game and end of season stats, you can pay up at Looseville...

Casey = http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu1mBPTYV-3rPJaIa0Mhen4gHsEu3mlT8lBp8dXO YrQVLGWEflRCHebw (http://cdn1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/140/318/193/t_wolf-lion-smiley-dollar-sign-hologram-sunglasses-03929.jpg)

Kyle and Rex = Free :drink: + :food:

Full of Win! :up:

vkirkend
10-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Those flags were a great idea!!! I love mine but took it down after I notinced the beating it was taking in travel. It will be a car show item from now on....

IwantmyMMnow!
10-24-2011, 08:08 PM

Well, I see lots of 'em on other cars, so just assumed...(yes, I know, I know)

I'll get my OTHER flags soon...hey, since I'm driving YOUR MM, you should get them for me! :P

Great...send it down! I'm running low on toilet paper....:lol:

Thanks, Rex. I plan on going to SSHS, so will get it from you then.

Howzabout we (me 'n Kyle) bet with you on the Bear's game and end of season stats, you can pay up at Looseville...

Casey = http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu1mBPTYV-3rPJaIa0Mhen4gHsEu3mlT8lBp8dXO YrQVLGWEflRCHebw (http://cdn1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/140/318/193/t_wolf-lion-smiley-dollar-sign-hologram-sunglasses-03929.jpg)

Kyle and Rex = Free :drink: + :food:

Full of Win! :up:

He'd be a bona-fide fool to make any bets...HIS team had to go to London just to win a game!!!

SC Cheesehead
10-25-2011, 03:35 AM
Well, I see lots of 'em on other cars, so just assumed...(yes, I know, I know)

I'll get my OTHER flags soon...hey, since I'm driving YOUR MM, you should get them for me! :P

Great...send it down! I'm running low on toilet paper....:lol:

Thanks, Rex. I plan on going to SSHS, so will get it from you then.

He'd be a bona-fide fool to make any bets...HIS team had to go to London just to win a game!!!

^^^^ True, that! ^^^^^ :D

CBT
10-25-2011, 03:37 AM
......I used to like you guys......
Snap, we should be in the football thread, oops.

SC Cheesehead
10-25-2011, 03:40 AM
......I used to like you guys......
Snap, we should be in the football thread, oops.

We still like you Casey; easy mark... :D